Help please!!! Started to root now STUCK!

awwpickle

Reaction score
So.... I downloaded everything that it said I needed to in the Regardless of OS rooting post.

I turned off my phone and started it how I was told. My screen is black and says bootloader 2C.7C then ..

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

so now.... I go to open the rsdlite..... and I get... Welcome to the RSDlite setup.... Select whether you would like to repair or remove RSDLite. I assume I don't want to remove it??? SO i chose repair???????

I then get a network error occurred while attemping to read from the file: and then it lists the file.

So then I clicked remove it. Then reopened it and downloaded it. It said it was downloaded successfully but then it says..... Regarding Moto driver version, please try to pick up the latest version or check the guideline indicated in the corresponding phone software release notes.

So now is my phone stuck on the bootloader screen?? HOW DO I FIX THIS!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Sounds like you didn't even get to flash anything to the phone yet.. if that's the case just turn the phone off and then back on..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Yay! Omgosh, thank you! I didn't know if i could or not! Yeah.... I think I'll be leaving my phone UN-rooted lol. Thank you again!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Don't give up. I know you got a little flustered, but just regroup and you can do it.

Sent from somewhere...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like you, many many users have difficulty with RSD. If you are still willing there are quite a few of us who will be glad to work with you.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Well..... it does look really appealing! I didn't figure it would be so complicated! When you root can you still download regular applications from the market? And.... umm.... what are the differences in Roms... is one better than the other? If anyone would be willing to help me that would be amazing!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sounds like you got a wonky RSD Lite install. Once you get RSD Lite and the drivers installed, the thread that FBM linked should help you out.

good luck

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Cookies huh?? I like this dark side I hear about! I got the RSD to work! Got all the way to the last steps on the regardless of OS!! I got all the way to step 17, the final step! But when it says it should look like this and it shows a pic? Well it only looked like the pic when i pushed the button. When i let go of the button it would go directly back to the Gold colored android that says Patched by SirPsychoS. Then I didn't know what to do from there??? It was just kinda stuck on that screen and I didn't know what to do or push so I clicked on reboot system now. And tried to download a program that required to be rooted.... and it said my phone wasn't rooted.

So what do I do when I get to that final step??

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Did you get the line that said 'Install from SD Card Complete'? Or did you get any errors instead of that?

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
The screen that had that would just do a quick flash so I didn't get to really read it much? But I believe it said Install from SD card complete..