Help please!!! Started to root now STUCK!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Its still scary... but not as much :) So if I flash a rom.... and I make a backup. To flash a new rom do I have to delete the backup I made with the other rom on it? Do I have to uninstall or do I do a factory reset or do I backup to when I did nandroid backup of just being rooted no rom? lol.... sorry if that was confusing

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Its still scary... but not as much :) So if I flash a rom.... and I make a backup. To flash a new rom do I have to delete the backup I made with the other rom on it? Do I have to uninstall or do I do a factory reset or do I backup to when I did nandroid backup of just being rooted no rom? lol.... sorry if that was confusing

When you choose to flash a new rom from a previous it's always good to make another nandroid backup of what you currently have. After that it's the same steps you took to get the first one on...

Place ROM file on sdcard - rename update.zip - boot into recovery - make nandroid backup of current setup - wipe the phone data/cache - install update.zip

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no, you don't have to delete a backup to flash a new rom. i have about 4 backups of different roms that i like. not only will these help me get back to a stable set up if i have problems, but they also make it easy to switch between roms, depending on my mood.

if you want to flash a new rom, you can do so from whatever current set up you have - you don't have to revert back to some other version/nandroid. just put the rom zip that you want to flash on the root of your sdcard, boot into recovery, wipe data and cache, install the rom, and reboot - done! :)

just follow the steps i set out earlier in the thread - it works for me every time.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Thanks! :) I now have 2 roms successfully installed under my belt thanks to you guys!

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Flashed two already?? Your gonna become a junkie just like everyone else here!! When I had my D1 I don't think Id go more then a day without switching roms!! Now I have a DX, so im kinda limited with the choices for awhile....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cakes has been putting a ton of work into it lately - i bet it won't be too much longer. :)

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Lol it is pretty addicting! And theres so many choices for the D1 :) How do you like your DX?

Flashaholics..... lol thats great!

Flashed two already?? Your gonna become a junkie just like everyone else here!! When I had my D1 I don't think Id go more then a day without switching roms!! Now I have a DX, so im kinda limited with the choices for awhile....

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Oh good! Cause I can't wait to try it out! The pics looked great! The theme builders on here are fantabulous!

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Lol it is pretty addicting! And theres so many choices for the D1 :) How do you like your DX?

Flashaholics..... lol thats great!

I love the DX... now that they finally released a vanilla rom with all the extra motoblur junk taken out .. and we are able to overclock it's made me much happier with it!!