Another Droid 2 stuck at Bootloader

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Ok i used the right file is there another to use or Is there anything else I can do
Can this phone be this touchy . Doing a factory restore after a root can do this to a phone ??? that is all I did

Im a little confused as to what your asking. Make sure you get the Droid X sbf and not the Droid 2 one.

Edit: I think I understand a little better now. It's really best not to root until you've fully read up on what exactly your doing. This way, you'll better be able to diagnose a problem when you come across one....and more importantly, you can really screw up your phone if your not careful

Last edited:
OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
What rom are you coming from? Gingerbread?

Honestly I have no idea. I just got the phone like this. Never heard of a truly bricked phone if you can get to the bootloader. Figured I would give it a try.

The reason I ask is because in Froyo on the D2 after holding x and power (and the exclamation triangle appears) you press the physical search key on the keyboard to boot into stock recovery. For the gingerbread leak its a little different. Instead of pressing the search key after seeing the exclamation triangle press both volume up and down buttons (and then it goes into stock recovery). It's probably best to figure out (if you can) how the phone got to its current state and then go from there. Good luck.

I will try to get some better information. Neither the search key or the up and down arrows do anything. Is there anything else I should try?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a recovery only sbf file available for the droid 2? Maybe that would get my recovery back and I could wipe it. I can only find one for the D1 and X.

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
Thanks folks for the help
I was working on the droid 2 and it was a sbf I needed and it is all done Phone is back
Learned a lot from everyone . So glad to have somewhere to get this sort of info
Many thanks

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Glad you got yours going. Fopefully I can say that too one of these days.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I wish I had something else to suggest but unfortunately I'm out of ideas.

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
Hey folk I have a couple short questions
After a full sbf do you have to do a cashe wipe and reset ? what happens if you don't ? Do you have to un root to do those things?
Thank you in advance

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
You should as many times people will get stuck in a bootloop unless they do. If your good then I say don't worry about it. If you notice issues then go back in and wipe.

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Yeah, eBay. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk