Official "Survivors of the Great G-Nex Debacle of 2011" Thead

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for that. There's definitely people out there that just post stuff without knowing if it truly works or not.

Had to add to cart, buy it, and put in all my info without signing it for it to work. Otherwise with my moms work discount it wouldn't have been like 37 something.

shaggykid

Reaction score
I'm gonna miss my Dx when I finally get my Gnex. Gonna keep it in a glass case or sonethin haha. Use it to play with roms and such. Maybe practice makibg my own rom for it

Sent from your mom's house using my Galaxy Nexus... is what my signature would say if I could save the money to buy a Galaxy Nexus.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
If you haven't tried the Nova launcher yet, I suggest you get it. This is the best launcher I've ever used granted it's a beta.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If you haven't tried the Nova launcher yet, I suggest you get it. This is the best launcher I've ever used granted it's a beta.

Haven't heard of it. Is it on the market?

EDIT: Probably an ICS thing huh?

Diab210

Reaction score
I'm using the tpu case sbenson pointed out currently. Its OK I may try to get something different later but for the present it seems fine. Its a bit tighter than I was expecting though.

Btw - this phone is awesome. Loving this thing. I have managed to get some minor lag in the app drawer but nothing major.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Haven't heard of it. Is it on the market?

EDIT: Probably an ICS thing huh?

Yeah, you need to have ICS in order to use it.

I'm using the tpu case sbenson pointed out currently. Its OK I may try to get something different later but for the present it seems fine. Its a bit tighter than I was expecting though.

Btw - this phone is awesome. Loving this thing. I have managed to get some minor lag in the app drawer but nothing major.

I got the same case as well, I like it. I've gotten minor lag while exiting the app drawer. I'm actually about to flash Android Revolution HD 2.1.0 as it's got A LOT of improvements like full GPU rendering and screen improvements. You can also underclock to 350mhz when CPU isn't being used.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Are you not eligible for an upgrade or just don't have the cash?

I have one for the 26th. I got the ok for an early upgrade over the phone a week ago but the rep never updated my account. I haven't taken the time to try calling a few more yet. So unless that pans out the 26th is the day.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have one for the 26th. I got the ok for an early upgrade over the phone a week ago but the rep never updated my account. I haven't taken the time to try calling a few more yet. So unless that pans out the 26th is the day.

So ten more days of torture unless you call and get your account updated for an early upgrade? I'll try not to post so much about the G-Nex so it's less painful for you. :p You used to(or still do) make themes, right?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So ten more days of torture unless you call and get your account updated for an early upgrade? I'll try not to post so much about the G-Nex so it's less painful for you. :p You used to(or still do) make themes, right?

No that's alright, keep talking it up, I will survive. And I did for a while do theme ports of some old classics for liquid D1. Never made my own though.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No that's alright, keep talking it up, I will survive. And I did for a while do theme ports of some old classics for liquid D1. Never made my own though.

On the bright side, we will have everything figured out and all the kinks ironed out by the time you are unboxing yours!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
On the bright side, we will have everything figured out and all the kinks ironed out by the time you are unboxing yours!

The thought had crossed my mind :p

I guess it is only fair that I do this then: I would like to thank all my beta testers out there for their hard work and dedication...

Diab210

Reaction score
Yeah, you need to have ICS in order to use it.

I got the same case as well, I like it. I've gotten minor lag while exiting the app drawer. I'm actually about to flash Android Revolution HD 2.1.0 as it's got A LOT of improvements like full GPU rendering and screen improvements. You can also underclock to 350mhz when CPU isn't being used.

Android revolution HD 2.1? I didn't even know roms were out already. I might check it out but I was considering staying stock for a while... well stock with root access :D

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

Oh ok. I thought I recognized the name, I used to use one of your themes(ports) on LGB. Ah, the old days. :smile: