iPhone 7 Plus JB
Interesting articles. Here we go again.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It has nothing to do with what they should have done. What they should have done is exactly what they have done. Launch the G3. The Samsung Prime was most likely Sammy's next generation device. Once they became aware of the LG G3's features, they pushed the Prime forward. Typical corporate mentality.

LG is simply protecting their market share launching their version of the Prime.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'll pass.
The G2 is the only device so far that has a display larger than 5" and has also kept the physical dimensions of the device small enough to be appealing to me. I'm hoping the X+1 has a 5" or less display and is no bigger than the G2. I hate to think that I may be forced to start buying "mini" versions of devices just to get a "regular" sized device.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I find the M8 comfortable and supposedly the G3 is right there with it ..
We shall see once we get our hands on it ..I'm going to wait it out though..my new love of the M8 can definitely make the wait easy for me ...

M8 tap'd

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Hummmm. If it does get released, it won't come here first, it'll go there first. That'd mean I'd have to wait for this one and I would wait for this one... That'd kinda suck, but would also be kinda cool. It'd definitely be the last phone I'd buy for a few years. Of course, the G3 Prime probably won't come to VZW.

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Hummmm. If it does get released, it won't come here first, it'll go there first. That'd mean I'd have to wait for this one and I would wait for this one... That'd kinda suck, but would also be kinda cool. It'd definitely be the last phone I'd buy for a few years. Of course, the G3 Prime probably won't come to VZW.

I would almost be interested enough to purchase a Korean version of the G3 and switch my service over to AT&T to get this Prime G device.

It's not so much that I'm interested in the 225Mbps download speeds because really in my area in Philadelphia the highest clocked download speed is 65Mbps which was over by the Lincoln Financial Stadium where the Eagles play (and that was done by PC Advisor on Verizon). But, what has me in fact interested is the processor speed of the 805 and how it would perform on the QHD screen. According to GSMarena the 801 provides limited power vs that of the 805. So, I would certainly be more than interested in picking up a Korean Prime G. :biggrin:

Naver

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Korea will most likely get the G Prime first. Rest assured it will be released worldwide shortly after. Whether or not VZ opts to carry it is another issue.

Keep in mind that the Korean variant is GSM but the the 4G radio will not work in the states. Korea uses a different 4G frequency.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Korean variant is GSM but the the 4G radio will not work in the states. Korea uses a different 4G frequency.

I'm really not sure where your getting this information. I have a number of sources that have in their possesion a Korean version of the G3 both 2/16 and 3/32 models of the F400k that are running AT&T 1700 Band LTE. I'd like to see if I can pull in an expert that I know that works for AT&T that has been very helpful in the past @grenefroggie not sure if this method will reach him or not, but like to get his feedback as I know he's climbed a number of AT&T wireless towers.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm really not sure where your getting this information. I have a number of sources that have in their possesion a Korean version of the G3 both 2/16 and 3/32 models of the F400k that are running AT&T 1700 Band LTE. I'd like to see if I can pull in an expert that I know that works for AT&T that has been very helpful in the past @grenefroggie not sure if this method will reach him or not, but like to get his feedback as I know he's climbed a number of AT&T wireless towers.

If you recall, I was thinking about getting the F400. I visited with LG Thailand and was told it would work on 3G but not on 4G both here in Thailand and the US.
Perhaps you should get the F400 and confirm whether it works or not.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
[h=2]TECHNOLOGY[/h]
  • GSM:
    • 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • UMTS:
    • 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz
  • FDD LTE:
    • 800 (band 20), 1800 (band 3), 2600 (band 7) MHz
  • Data:
    • LTE, HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS
  • Micro SIM:
    • Yes
  • Positioning:
    • GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
  • Navigation:
    • Yes

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I don't know much about LG phones or supported bands in any country other than the US. It all depends on country and operator.

From what I can tell, even on the F400k (LTE-A version of the phone), it will do fine on AT&T as long as you don't mind 3G. This version of the phone does not support the current LTE bands AT&T currently uses for LTE (to my knowledge). While AT&T will likely support LTE 1900 in the future, I believe it only serves EDGE, 3G and HSPA.

I think Sprint has a version of the phone that will support their LTE bands, but it looks like currently LTE won't be supported on AT&T at this time.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=6273&c=lg_g3_f400k_lte-a_lg_b2

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_g3-6294.php

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't know much about LG phones or supported bands in any country other than the US. It all depends on country and operator.

From what I can tell, even on the F400k (LTE-A version of the phone), it will do fine on AT&T as long as you don't mind 3G. This version of the phone does not support the current LTE bands AT&T currently uses for LTE (to my knowledge). While AT&T will likely support LTE 1900 in the future, I believe it only serves EDGE, 3G and HSPA.

I think Sprint has a version of the phone that will support their LTE bands, but it looks like currently LTE won't be supported on AT&T at this time.

LG G3 F400K LTE-A (LG B2) Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

LG G3 - Full phone specifications

List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's pretty much what LG told me. Thanks for sharing.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Truth be told...AT&T's HSPA network isn't too bad. IMO it knocks the socks off VZW and Sprint 3G. I believe this is one reason VZW has put forth such great efforts to be the leader in LTE deployment, aside from being the nation's (USA) largest carrier.

If you want an awesome phone that will only work on AT&T's HSPA network, go for it. Not one person I know, even out of all my tech friends, needs 50Mbps to their phone. That being said, I was the first of my friends to have an LTE phone (GS II Skyrocket). They still consumed twice the data I did on HSPA.

To each their own. If I wasn't so hooked on my N5, I would consider giving it a try if I could get my hands on one.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's kinda interesting. LG explained and I'm no expert, that the Korean F400 uses Erickson LTE-A technology. Seems it uses multiple bandwidths for faster service. Especially data service.
Here in Thailand they use the same technology but different bandwidths. The bandwidths here in Thailand are 100% compatible with the GSM bandwidths in the US. I'll just wait for the official release to get mine.