[OFFICIAL] Help and Suport

owen

Reaction score
The random reboots are getting a tad ridiculous, im up to about 5 plus a day, depending on how much i use my droid (jit disabled). Any idea if this is happening to others or if its just me?

In fairness, it could totally be me. Instead of connecting the usb to transfer .7 to the SD card, i used bluetooth... maybe that f^cked with the files or something

I am having the same issue. I also have JIT disabled.

thedroid

Reaction score
The random reboots are getting a tad ridiculous, im up to about 5 plus a day, depending on how much i use my droid (jit disabled). Any idea if this is happening to others or if its just me?

In fairness, it could totally be me. Instead of connecting the usb to transfer .7 to the SD card, i used bluetooth... maybe that f^cked with the files or something

I am having the same issue. I also have JIT disabled.

Maybe Jrummy could comment on this. I had a terrible problem with random reboots and reboot loops on v0.7. I tried the standard cyanogen mod, but liked Jrummy's a lot better. I finally figured out that for some reason if I set the overclock to more than 800mhz, I get reboots. But if I max it at 800mhz everything is fine. Hopefully in the next version whatever is causing this will go away b/c I never had it before and I've been running his roms since February.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know what is causing some users to have reboots. I currently don't have any but I also don't oc to high and don't download a ton of apps. If all goes to plan the next version will be built from cyanogen's source which should make things run a little more smooth.

thedroid

Reaction score
Hey Jrummy, have you noticed issues with battery life? Mine was better at least a week ago. I have been messing with the rom so much I thought that had something to do with it. But then I read this. Do you know if your otacerts.zip can block the update from constantly downloading?

jdixon74

Reaction score
ok so just to clear things up i can either just just enter the back up script in the termanl emulator and all my apps and such are backed up? i would like to use rom manager but i cant do it untill i back everything up.

thanks for the help and your rom is the ****!

Yeah.. all your apps will be backed up. However you can't restore that backup if you move to another rom because they won't have the same script.

but if you do have Astro installed you can goto the goodies/backup folder and just install them each individually, this backup script is great!

Isaiah

Reaction score
I don't know what is causing some users to have reboots. I currently don't have any but I also don't oc to high and don't download a ton of apps. If all goes to plan the next version will be built from cyanogen's source which should make things run a little more smooth.

sounds good.Do you have any sort of time line?

Thanks for staying so on top of this stuff man. Can't wait to see .8

msu

Reaction score
I agree with the Helix 1 launcher needing a theme. The only thing I like about Helix 2 is the table looking that apps sit on. It force closed all the time, so I'm going to Helix 1 for now.

One note, how do you run the scripts???? I can't get nothing to work and it says scripts not found. I typed su first.

Also, Pandora is shutting down quite often, yet is still one. Just a blank screen and I have to hit quit twice???

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree with the Helix 1 launcher needing a theme. The only thing I like about Helix 2 is the table looking that apps sit on. It force closed all the time, so I'm going to Helix 1 for now.

One note, how do you run the scripts???? I can't get nothing to work and it says scripts not found. I typed su first.

Also, Pandora is shutting down quite often, yet is still one. Just a blank screen and I have to hit quit twice???

I will add helix1 back as an option for next update.

For the scripts you should just type "su" then hit enter "thenthescript" and hit enter. What script are you trying to use?

Pandora is a know issue that you will find in cyanogenmod roms.. will look into it though.

msu

Reaction score

I will add helix1 back as an option for next update.

For the scripts you should just type "su" then hit enter "thenthescript" and hit enter. What script are you trying to use?

Pandora is a know issue that you will find in cyanogenmod roms.. will look into it though.

never mind. I was in dummy mode. I was putting "-" in front of the commands. However I noticed that clockblack didn't work? Rest worked just fine.

I have noticed a little lag moving from screen to screen. Put the 1.1 7 slot standard voltage on. Should I try another?
BTW, I really like the rom and the goodies.

virginia4eva

Reaction score
speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just downloaded the Jrummy ROM and set cpu, do I need to download anything else for overclocking or does the ROM already have it and I just need to use setcpu? Why does it seem to be "laggy"

msu

Reaction score
The lag is what I'm wondering about. I love the rom, just need to get past the lag. I'm going to try out some different kernals when I get a chance, but didn't want to if they were not that problem

DevilMan

Reaction score
How do I run the restorebackup script before I sign into my google account? I'm trying to restore all my apps after running JRummy Customizer and get stuck at the sign in screen.

darkgamerone

Reaction score
cant buy anything from market

hi

i have been trying to buy gameboid from the market place. but every time i try to put in credit card info it just keeps saying " attention...a server error has occurred. retry or cancel and return to previous screen" i hit retry and same thing comes up i hit cancel just take me back to market place. i have re-entered and check all my info even the cvc code 3 numbers one back of card everything is right. also right billing address. i use this visa card for all my online buys. no idea whats going on there is nothing wrong with phone its new just had it replaced. i also have full service im at a loss when driod don't want my money please help.

msu

Reaction score
could it be that your C/C company is denying it cause it is over seas buy?? Just a thought. They only other time I have ran into a problem is with Discover. Some people don't accept it even though you have it in your google. It will do similar to what you are saying.

tlippert

Reaction score
JRummy take a look at ADW Launcher...I've been running it for 2 days now and it seems to run great...a few FC's but it's still in beta..it would be great if you could theme it and atleast include it in your goodies...