[Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have decided to start a new official help and support thread to help users better.

If you have a problem/issue please go by the following guide lines:

-Search for a solution before posting your issue or question.
-Post the issue or question here or in the main thread before making a new thread over the topic.
-When posting an issue please try and provide the following information:

-What rom and theme are you running
-What is the exact issue and when did it start to occur
-What have you already tried to do to fix the issue
-Are there any other modifications you have done to the rom since you installed it
-If you didn't wipe data/factory reset what rom where you running prior to switching

If you have done all of the above and nothing seems to work you can email me. I created a new email because I was getting overloaded with emails here. You can email me at [email protected] and I will try and help out if you everything else seems to have failed.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess I will try to kick this off...

Jrummy again you got the best out there for custom ROMs with color.. Only issue I have with the 2.2 builds, both of them, is a FC issue with the music app. I got past the permission issue and was able to use both the stock and the modded version. I am currently running 1.1 and when using the modded music app I get FC. This only happens when in the library menu with the tabs at the top. If you go to your playlist tab then it FC. From there any time you try to open the music app it FC. Only fix was to just go back to the stock music app which runs perfect. I have installed your ROM on 2 other friends phones and tested their phones with same results. Of course wiped 4 times cleaned out.. everything was fresh for the install. This ain't my firs rodeo, but for the life of me can't get pass the FC issue and love the modded look of the music app... All I have found in the main thread was about the permission issue and the music app vanishing. I got that fixed.. any help? anyone?

mike919

Reaction score
Hey J! Little help here... I got the permissions fixed on the wife's 1-1 froyo pink lem ROM...

only problem i have left to install is Maps... I have it completely removed from the system, didn't get an SH error, but it still wont successfully install the new version... old version seems to be completely gone from system/app...

any ideas?

didn't wipe from 1.0 to 1.1...

also pushed Maps.apk from your 1.1 system app folder from adb and phone won't read it...

ok i just did some other searching around and it looks like if you deleted it prior to running the SH PM command any version tried thereafter is not going to work....

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guess I will try to kick this off...

Jrummy again you got the best out there for custom ROMs with color.. Only issue I have with the 2.2 builds, both of them, is a FC issue with the music app. I got past the permission issue and was able to use both the stock and the modded version. I am currently running 1.1 and when using the modded music app I get FC. This only happens when in the library menu with the tabs at the top. If you go to your playlist tab then it FC. From there any time you try to open the music app it FC. Only fix was to just go back to the stock music app which runs perfect. I have installed your ROM on 2 other friends phones and tested their phones with same results. Of course wiped 4 times cleaned out.. everything was fresh for the install. This ain't my firs rodeo, but for the life of me can't get pass the FC issue and love the modded look of the music app... All I have found in the main thread was about the permission issue and the music app vanishing. I got that fixed.. any help? anyone?

If you read Eliot Stockers post on the musicmod he is aware and can't fix it until froyo source is out.. don't know if he fixed it yet but I don't plan on working on it since he is going to fix it soon.. when he does I'll include it for sure.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey J! Little help here... I got the permissions fixed on the wife's 1-1 froyo pink lem ROM...

only problem i have left to install is Maps... I have it completely removed from the system, didn't get an SH error, but it still wont successfully install the new version... old version seems to be completely gone from system/app...

any ideas?

also pushed Maps.apk from your 1.1 system app folder from adb and phone won't read it...

ok i just did some other searching around and it looks like if you deleted it prior to running the SH PM command any version tried thereafter is not going to work....

so you fixed it?

mike919

Reaction score

any ideas?

so you fixed it?

nope, cant get any version of maps to work... even tried root explorer... your commands in other posts obviously result in "failure" due to it already being removed...

mike919

Reaction score
i pulled maps 4.2 from your kang zip and pushed it through adb which i figured would work but since that was the last version run, but negative...

sunnyday76

Reaction score
First off thanks for the great rom. Unbelievably stable. I'm running the froyo rom and I'm having a problem with the kangerade app. I used the update method to install it and it stalled out for a bit then said it installed successfully. when I try too use the app out runs fine but nothing works. It looks like it does but the apps don't delete the boot animations don't load. Any suggestions?
Thanks again

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off thanks for the great rom. Unbelievably stable. I'm running the froyo rom and I'm having a problem with the kangerade app. I used the update method to install it and it stalled out for a bit then said it installed successfully. when I try too use the app out runs fine but nothing works. It looks like it does but the apps don't delete the boot animations don't load. Any suggestions?
Thanks again

Which rom are you running? kangerade v.1.1, source built rom, kangerade v1.0? Also, which version of the app do you have? canvs put out a couple.

sunnyday76

Reaction score
Im running the 1.1 rom and Im using the stock app from that thread. But I just noticed the script sticky. When I get home i will try installing that and seeing if the problem persists. Thank you for the quick response

magma_camel

Reaction score
This is more of a feature request but idk where to put it. would you be willing to disable the autofocus sound on the camera? is that possible?

foxxy

Reaction score
Got a message on my phone saying my phone storage space is low. Anything i can do besides clearing my cache to increase it? Most of my apps are on my sd card. It says i have 25.43 mb of phone storage available. 9.61 gb of sd card space available out of a total of 14.83 gb. Also, can I delete downloaded files that have been installed without it affecting the installation of the app or feature?

bensimpson

Reaction score
live wallpaper help

I can't seem to get any of the live wallpapers to work. This is what I have tried:

I installed the ROM through ROM manager, I selected a live wallpaper option. The ROM installs just fine, but I don't see how to set the live wall paper.

So through ROM manager and through the link in the kangerrade thread I've installed the goodies.

I click on the Kangerade Scripts icon, and I can change fonts, add apps, delete apps but when I click on a live wallpaper, it says it changed it but nothing changes. I can only see the stock live wallpaper for options.

The live wall paper folder is in my goodies folder.

???

mike919

Reaction score
anyone figure out how to restore maps yet if you deleted if before you could run through J's commands? still can't restore any version... just REALLY trying to avoid a wipe or reinstall... i'm lazy....

i'm thinkin all i can do is reload Kang 1-1... i wonder if i could get away with not wiping data...

BroDaJin

Reaction score
anyone figure out how to restore maps yet if you deleted if before you could run through J's commands? still can't restore any version... just REALLY trying to avoid a wipe or reinstall... i'm lazy....

i'm thinkin all i can do is reload Kang 1-1... i wonder if i could get away with not wiping data...

I couldnt get mine to work so i just downloaded google map 4.2 and installed. 4.2 working but still cant update to the new map