[OFFICIAL] Help and Suport

hookerdj

Reaction score
if you can get into clockwork recovery just load a rom up and you will get root access of the rom you load up and go from there. i was just saying if you needed help i could help you

EDIT: also if you made a backup just before you did this and lost your rooot access just go back to your backup

hyphy

Reaction score
Oh getting the root access back is no problem, the problem is it is my android default w/ root access. I want JRummy and everything w/ root access. I have reverted back to the default a solid 3 or 4 times now trying to get this installed, with superuser permissions available. I have been unsuccessful thus far.

hookerdj

Reaction score
sorry couldnt be more help im sure rummy knows more of what you are talking about. Hope you get everything working soon !:)

hyphy

Reaction score
Does anyone know why I "lose root" when installing JRummy through rom manager.

When installing the rom, after reboot "Super User Permissions" disappears. This means I can't install or change roms because I technically don't have that access anymore.

I have done everything. Wiped, reinstalled, everything. (At least I think, don't make me feel too dumb if I am doing something wrong)

*Sorry for the double post, I didn't see this Official Help and Support Thread I was directed straight to the other thread through google*

I quoted my original post because Hookerdj and I could not come up with a solution. So, instead of having to thumb back through here is my problem.

Hookerdj, I really do appreciate you trying to help me. Thank you.

EDIT: BTW I tried installing Bugless Beast w/ rom manager to see if it was Rom Manager and not JRummy. BB installed flawlessly with access to superuser permissions still available.

Last edited:

DevilMan

Reaction score
How do I run the restorebackup script before I sign into my google account? I'm trying to restore all my apps after running JRummy Customizer and get stuck at the sign in screen.

Don't sign into your account when doing the initial setup and then go into terminal emulator and run the script.
I cant get past the account sign in screen. I only have the option to create or sign in.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know why I "lose root" when installing JRummy through rom manager.

When installing the rom, after reboot "Super User Permissions" disappears. This means I can't install or change roms because I technically don't have that access anymore.

I have done everything. Wiped, reinstalled, everything. (At least I think, don't make me feel too dumb if I am doing something wrong)

*Sorry for the double post, I didn't see this Official Help and Support Thread I was directed straight to the other thread through google*

I quoted my original post because Hookerdj and I could not come up with a solution. So, instead of having to thumb back through here is my problem.

Hookerdj, I really do appreciate you trying to help me. Thank you.

EDIT: BTW I tried installing Bugless Beast w/ rom manager to see if it was Rom Manager and not JRummy. BB installed flawlessly with access to superuser permissions still available.

I don't know why you are having this issue.. I posted an update.zip on the thread here that has my latest version for someone that had a similiar problem and it worked for them... hold on and let me find that for you.

Edit: ok.. flash this update.zip for su permissions if you are having an issue

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How do I run the restorebackup script before I sign into my google account? I'm trying to restore all my apps after running JRummy Customizer and get stuck at the sign in screen.

Don't sign into your account when doing the initial setup and then go into terminal emulator and run the script.
I cant get past the account sign in screen. I only have the option to create or sign in.

There should be a skip option.. if for some odd reason you don't have that option you can also run the script in recovery before you boot up the phone (haven't tried this but I think it would work).

rvcjew

Reaction score
k i have only one problem at all with the whole rom it will not mater if i use act one or stock video player my video, is usually not synced with the audio, this did not happen in adamz smoked glass for me.

richrcp

Reaction score
Anyone know why Epocrates will not work with Cyanogen 0.7. Or have I. Missed the fix in a previous post

thedroid

Reaction score
Anyone know why Epocrates will not work with Cyanogen 0.7. Or have I. Missed the fix in a previous post

I don't know why it doesn't work, but it's a known issue. On Koush's webpage, it says the problem is supposed to be fixed. It has something to do with one of the files.

DevilMan

Reaction score

There should be a skip option.. if for some odd reason you don't have that option you can also run the script in recovery before you boot up the phone (haven't tried this but I think it would work).
I don't have a skip option so how do I go about running the script in recovery mode?

Reaction score
i have tried to apply new boot animations through scripts and rom mananger they both say there done and its done then i have the same boot only works if i do a wipe then i have to apply all my info over again can anyone help

REARless

Reaction score
Kernels and SetCPU

Stupid question. But I'll ask it anyway. If you install one of the custom kernels, do you still need to install SetCPU for a performance lift.

Another way to put it, are they all the same if you DON'T install SetCPU?

SlateJones

Reaction score
Stupid question. But I'll ask it anyway. If you install one of the custom kernels, do you still need to install SetCPU for a performance lift.

Another way to put it, are they all the same if you DON'T install SetCPU?

Im not sure on this, but I think that whatever kernel you install will run at the droid default speed until you access the other available sppeds with an overclocking utility. You can find others on the market besides setcpu. I prefer SetCpu, but everybody is different. You could also try the overclock widget. Its free in the market. If you would like to try setcpu before you buy, I think you can download an old version in the xda forums.