[OFFICIAL] Help and Suport

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will no longer look at individual threads about questions or problems. Please post here where users can help users and I will do my best to help you out as well. Thanks.

oh.. and noob questions are welcome.

tlippert

Reaction score
Just wondering if your metemorph's have been updated (xml instead thm) so that the new MM will work on them...I would like to try the customizer but I like my clock and notification drawer to be themed....

Isaiah

Reaction score
Im on the updated blue .7 I'm wondering if the notification icon is meant to be the old custom version (the android with the moon thing) or whether thats a glitch.

If theres a way i can fix the car charger not working with gps. (not charging/battery decreasing)

groovydeus

Reaction score
interesting...I just noticed the same - was running on my car charger today with gps/navigator active and went from 90% to 60% charge over the course of only one hour. Is this a noted issue with the phone or is it being seen only in specific ROMs/hacks?

Isaiah

Reaction score
Its not something i had before i rooted. and its kind of an off and on issue ive had with this rom. It doesn't always happen.. sometimes it works. i cant remember having it on any other roms... but In fairness I only used most of the other roms for about a week.

stillz

Reaction score
When I try and send a voice message(audio record) to my friend via Messaging... it gives me a Force Error. Anyone else getting this error as well?

hennbc

Reaction score
how do i do a full back up on my droid? currently on the latest cyan theme

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
tlippert, I eventually will update them. I have about 10 mm's I haven't even posted yet. I'm giving myself too many projects at once.

Isaiah, I think the car charger issue doesn't have to do with the rom your running. I did realize I left the notification different for the market and have been meaning to change that. I will write it down on my do to list for the next update.

stillz, never really send voice messages so I can't answer your question. Try sending the message while checking your logcat and see if you notice anything. (in terminal type "su" enter "logcat" enter)

hennbc, you can make a full backup with clockwork or sprecovery using rom manager or booting into recovery. You can also make a backup of apps by using the backupapps script or through a app on the android market.

hennbc

Reaction score
ok so just to clear things up i can either just just enter the back up script in the termanl emulator and all my apps and such are backed up? i would like to use rom manager but i cant do it untill i back everything up.

thanks for the help and your rom is the ****!

REARless

Reaction score
I thought I would give Helix2 another try, however I used the script to delete it. I copied the APK file from the ROM to the System/app directory but it won't install.
(I used "root explorer' to change /system/app to RW)

What did this dumb noob do wrong?

Thanks

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought I would give Helix2 another try, however I used the script to delete it. I copied the APK file from the ROM to the System/app directory but it won't install.
(I used "root explorer' to change /system/app to RW)

What did this dumb noob do wrong?

Thanks

longpress the app in root explorer, select permissions and then select read and write for the user. After you reboot your phone it should work.

Or in terminal type

su
mountsys
cp /sdcard/HelixLauncher2.apk /system/app
unmountsys
sync

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok so just to clear things up i can either just just enter the back up script in the termanl emulator and all my apps and such are backed up? i would like to use rom manager but i cant do it untill i back everything up.

thanks for the help and your rom is the ****!

Yeah.. all your apps will be backed up. However you can't restore that backup if you move to another rom because they won't have the same script.

tlippert

Reaction score
After running all the launchers over and over I would request a themed Helix 1 to be included in at least the goodies...it runs so much better than Helix 2 (too many FC's)..also keep Launcher 2...

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After running all the launchers over and over I would request a themed Helix 1 to be included in at least the goodies...it runs so much better than Helix 2 (too many FC's)..also keep Launcher 2...

I will add it for next update either in the rom or in the goodies.

Isaiah

Reaction score
The random reboots are getting a tad ridiculous, im up to about 5 plus a day, depending on how much i use my droid (jit disabled). Any idea if this is happening to others or if its just me?

In fairness, it could totally be me. Instead of connecting the usb to transfer .7 to the SD card, i used bluetooth... maybe that f^cked with the files or something