Clueless about the transition patch?

chefb

Reaction score
I'm confused on how to use the transition patch that was added to the 1.9 update. My question is how dose it work and what does it do. I flashed it but I don't know where to find it on the phone to use it. Please help a clueless noob.

Reaction score
there isn't anything to find
you installed it using recovery like you said you did and thats it
it just adds back some of the transitions that drod took out in 1.90
I think they were causing battery or reboot issues or something.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
They weren't causing any issues, just forgot to put them back in (new framework)

They change the way your phone transitions from app to app. There is nothing to look for if you flashed it, its simply a graphic type thing

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Thanks guys ..I thought I was missing something.I didn't mean to be a pain.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Sorry to highjack but this might help a few others and is still semi on topic....

Is there anyway to use the transitions from 1.8.9 (looked more like a screen sliding vertically then the zoom now) on 1.9.0?? Sucks that we can't use Seph blackbar mod with the transition patch. Install transition patch and it removes blackbar.

Reaction score
Sorry to highjack but this might help a few others and is still semi on topic....

Is there anyway to use the transitions from 1.8.9 (looked more like a screen sliding vertically then the zoom now) on 1.9.0?? Sucks that we can't use Seph blackbar mod with the transition patch. Install transition patch and it removes blackbar.

I believe that's actually a setting in ADW
from the home screen Menu > ADW Settings > Drawer Settings > App Drawer Style > Vertical Plain

I think 1.90 has a newer version of ADW, 1.3.3

Zaph0d

Reaction score
Also noticed that themes remove the transitions, and visa versa.

Specifically, I tried with
Black Juice v4 for rubiX Focused 1.9.0

I have a backup of RubiX 1.9.0 with no transitions patch and no theme.
I tried installing transitions then Black Juice v4. Black Juice removed the transitions.
I restored the clean RubiX and tried installing Black Juice v4 then transitions. The transitions patch undid just about all the theme (a few elements remain).

Not a big deal. Didn't like the transitions anyway :)

Thanks for the ROM.

marcfogel

Reaction score

What happens if you install the blackbar again?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I will be updating my theme with the transitions soon, just need to pull down the new framework and Ill get it fixed. My new laptop comes in tomorrow, so hopefully by tomorrow or sometime this week Ill have it finished!

Fate0n3

Reaction score
I will be updating my theme with the transitions soon, just need to pull down the new framework and Ill get it fixed. My new laptop comes in tomorrow, so hopefully by tomorrow or sometime this week Ill have it finished!

That is awesome man... Will you update your post? This will be my first theme to install with it.