[OFFICIAL] Help and Suport

jbg25

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Kangerade v1.1...P3droids 250-900 Kernel?

My processor temp according to setcpu was at a constant 39C and 39F all morning ( I know not possible)...I did a battery pull and now my temp is both -40C and -40F at the same time.

Froyo kernels are not able to read processor temps yet. SetCPU is only reporting the battery temp. This is straight from P3's mouth.

Heh...I honestly did not think I selected the cpu temp. but I must have. Once I deleted and replaced the widget it was fine.

For a second I thought this thing was thinking it was a superconductor running at -40c...lmao

dro855

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues running TuneWiki? I installed the Blueberry theme and absolutely love it. Only problem is, TuneWiki always FC when I try to play a file. Is this a ROM issue or app issue? Any help would be great

pandies

Reaction score
help.....

I am trying to root my moto droid.. it has 2.1 on it.. i have installed the sprecovery.. i have put downloaded and put the update.zip file onto my sd card.. i have followed instructions.. and yet when i click on install.. then install update.zip deprecated.. it aborts.. what could i be doing wrong... thanks so much....

I will no longer look at individual threads about questions or problems. Please post here where users can help users and I will do my best to help you out as well. Thanks.

oh.. and noob questions are welcome.

pandies

Reaction score
help

I have flashed my phone with sprecovery... i have downloaded and changed then name of the file to update.zip.. I have put it on my sdcard.. not in a folder.. i have followed the instructions and click on allow install and then install update.zip deprecated.. it aborts every time.. what could i be doing wrong?
any help is SOOO appreciated...

tender82

Reaction score
Ok. I've read every page and got bits and pieces of this... but maybe someone can point me to a full guide or something...

I just flashed Kangerade (first flash for Droid) and now am interested in upgrading to 1.1 (or even changing themes). How do I go about backing up because you always have to wipe, right?

I have heard something about Titanium Backup. ???

I just don't want to have to set everything back up again.

I'm talking about:
Settings
Home Screens
Apps
Data in Apps
Contacts (that's easy as they're all in google)
Even Text Messages

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks guys!

dro855

Reaction score
Ok. I've read every page and got bits and pieces of this... but maybe someone can point me to a full guide or something...

I just flashed Kangerade (first flash for Droid) and now am interested in upgrading to 1.1 (or even changing themes). How do I go about backing up because you always have to wipe, right?

I have heard something about Titanium Backup. ???

I just don't want to have to set everything back up again.

I'm talking about:
Settings
Home Screens
Apps
Data in Apps
Contacts (that's easy as they're all in google)
Even Text Messages

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks guys!

I used Titanium Backup, its free and works pretty well. I was able to backup all my apps and associated data. I backed up my contacts to my SD card and reloaded them. I can't speak to the home screen and text messages. I'll send you the most detailed guide out there, but its on another forum and may be against rules to post here. Check your messages

Malyshus

Reaction score
I have flashed my phone with sprecovery... i have downloaded and changed then name of the file to update.zip.. I have put it on my sdcard.. not in a folder.. i have followed the instructions and click on allow install and then install update.zip deprecated.. it aborts every time.. what could i be doing wrong?

Pandies have you checked to see if your update.zip file is actually named update.zip.zip ? I know that this happens sometimes when using Windows 7/Vista

aldrichg9

Reaction score

Pandies have you checked to see if your update.zip file is actually named update.zip.zip ? I know that this happens sometimes when using Windows 7/Vista

X2... I felt pretty stupid when I. Figured out the vista was hiding the extension. 2 hours of time wasted....

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

X2... I felt pretty stupid when I. Figured out the vista was hiding the extension. 2 hours of time wasted....

Haha I used to have this happen to me back in the day in Windows XP when I wasn't as computer savvy. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

BroDaJin

Reaction score
treid to get google maps working on Kangerade v1.1 blue thems... Use terminal emulator and followed the stops. No i lost 3g and maps still wouldnt work.... When i type su on terinal i get permission denied... is that normal? I'm fairly new to this

Kobra

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help with my WiFi issue (not tethering that works). the issue is I can't connect to my home network anymore. Well let me rephrase. It shows that it is connected but for some reason it doesn't receive data with it. I have tried it with the browser and the market and nothing. I have to go back to 3G. I have tried a few different kernels to see it that would help and didn't make a difference. I accept any help or tips anyone has. Thanks in advance.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just wondering. Are you able to connect to any wireless networks? also you said it shows you are connected. What does it show your status is in droid wifi panel? connected or obtaining an ip? what type of security are you using. Do you have Mac address filtering on.

Kobra

Reaction score
Just wondering. Are you able to connect to any wireless networks? also you said it shows you are connected. What does it show your status is in droid wifi panel? connected or obtaining an ip? what type of security are you using. Do you have Mac address filtering on.
Thanks you gave me an idea. i reset my router and guess what? It now works... Go figure huh. Thanks.