****Official FroYo Rollout Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petitmorte

Reaction score
How to make the OTA go away?

Hey folks.

How do I get it to stop bugging me to run the update?

I'm running 2.2 Bugless, but today I received the OTA update. The problem is it keeps asking me to update. I can tell it update later, but I can't get the update notification to go away. I even updated to the rooted FRG22, but the OTA update notification keeps popping up.

I checked my SD card, and there's no update.zip waiting to be run. Any ideas how I get it to stop bugging me?

stacks04

Reaction score
Did the force update. I went to market got adobe flash 10.1 and everything seems to be running great. Phone seems much faster now, not sure if its the software or just because the flash wipes the cache. 5 homes is nice also.

quiksilverdad

Reaction score
Did the force update. I went to market got adobe flash 10.1 and everything seems to be running great. Phone seems much faster now, not sure if its the software or just because the flash wipes the cache. 5 homes is nice also.

Do I have to remove Helix Launcher before the Update? I only used it for the 5 screens anyway.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Flash is in the Market now? Great news!

dylanthecat

Reaction score

Flash player is not in the market, at least not for me.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

Do I have to remove Helix Launcher before the Update? I only used it for the 5 screens anyway.

Nope, you don't have to remove it if you do not want to.

jlewi042

Reaction score
Neither can I. I'll report back if I figure out how to get it...

well i know you can download the .apk and install it manually, when i was running SS4.5 i could dl it from the market. but its gone with the "official" 2.2

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey folks.

How do I get it to stop bugging me to run the update?

I'm running 2.2 Bugless, but today I received the OTA update. The problem is it keeps asking me to update. I can tell it update later, but I can't get the update notification to go away. I even updated to the rooted FRG22, but the OTA update notification keeps popping up.

I checked my SD card, and there's no update.zip waiting to be run. Any ideas how I get it to stop bugging me?

go ahead and download it. clockwork/sprecovery will block the install. but since you have dl'd it, you won't be getting the notification anymore... (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...-hangout-thread-all-discussions-welcomed.html)

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Haven't received the update, but I use Helix Launcher for the 5 screens. Now that the stock home will have 5 screens, are there any advantages to using Helix?

I do like the docked icons at the bottom that appear on every screen. Does the new 5 screen have something similar where you can dock frequently used apps?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have received confirmation that the OTA has been stopped. Apparently the build they are sending out is buggy. There will be a new OTA with a different build sent out.

There is no reason for those of you who did install to worry. You will be able to install the new version over the one you are currently running.

Reaction score
I have received confirmation that the OTA has been stopped. Apparently the build they are sending out is buggy. There will be a new OTA with a different build sent out.

There is no reason for those of you who did install to worry. You will be able to install the new version over the one you are currently running.

:rofl2:
Maybe this will be like 2.0 to 2.01, and not 2.01 to 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.