FRG83G Official OTA Patch

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jntdroid, Mar 17, 2011.

1. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have FRG83D that was rooted manually using a command prompt and ADB, and I didn't push a "stock" ROM. I'm using clockwork as a recovery, and I installed it using RomManager. I can try going back to the stock recovery and applying the update that way.

2. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently I don't know an easy way to get back to the stock recovery. I thought RomManager would have an easy method, but I do not see one. I even tried to unroot using superoneclick and clockwork remained. I also could not install SP recovery using RomManager. I get an error when I attemot to do so. For what its worth the below code is part of what I see when I try to install the update.zip file using clockwork.

47c2d4adf") assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GoogleGoggles.apk", " 1d4d0889e21e8de24d0e7c6766bf234cabe99adf", "b5ab81098c1851d90145204b872b08 947c2d4adf") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. Failure at line 3: install_zip SDCARD:/update.zip

3. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Yeah there's not really an easy way to get back to stock recovery without flashing something that has it.

I don't know why you're seeing that error, unless the file just won't work on CW. That's odd that GoogleGoggles specifically pops up like that.

Have you tried RZRecovery? You can put it on your SD card and flash it through CW. I know it's able to flash the file. Here's the link if you want to try it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

If that doesn't work, you could always back up all of your apps/data with Titanium or MyBackupPro (or both!), and flash back to FRG22D with the FRG22D Master OTA file (it's the last one we have that's a full master that replaces recovery, bootloader, baseband, and system of course). Look in the "unroot" link in my sig for that file if you have to go that far with it. I know that's a hassle, though... so I would try RZRecovery first.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I know you probably have, but have you re-downloaded the file to make sure nothing was corrupted the first time you downloaded it?

5. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0

Ive tried re-downloading the update. I'll try again. I'll also try RZ. I don't think I want this enough to wipe the whole system. I only intend on keeping my Droid until LTE is available, and then it's going to be upgrade time. Thanks for the continued assistance.

6. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    No problem. LTE not available in your area yet? I just played with a thunderbolt for the first time and its awfully tempting...

Sent from my Droid

7. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They say this year sometime, so probably December.

I installed RZ and downloaded a fresh copy of the update. Tried to install it without unrooting. Same error. Ill try again later when I'm at my computer and can unroot. Ill try to restore google goggles too. Maybe that's the heart of the whole system...

8. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    let me know if that works, i'll be curious... pretty crazy, but i guess it's possible, especially given that error message

9. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unrooting didn't work at all. Unrooted. Rebooted into RZ recovery. Chose to install form SD card. Picked update.zip. Same error. I wish there was a way to fool it into thinking I need the OTA still so I could go that route again with root gone.

10. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    did you restore goggles as well? it was weird how specifically your error message pointed that out

you could try flashing back to FRG22D without wiping data or cache... it might break a few apps, but it's possible most will pick up where they left off - just do a full nandroid of your current state first, obviously

11. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I had restored Goggles. Im not going to go back that far. What does this update give anyway? Pretty minor I believe. Not worth breaking a bunch of stuff.

12. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Yeah, very minor, especially if you weren't having the issues before... something to do with text recipients.

Search tags for this page

droid a855 frg83g official zip files program