****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well finally got tired of the notifications and did the update. I want to go back and not have done it. I have never had any issues with my phone in the 6 months I've had it. Now that I did the 2.2 update, I want to throw it through a window. It is so slow and bogged down. It's not fun anymore.

Did you even wait some time for the device to resync, allow the caches to rebuild, and reboot it a couple of times? If not, you're not giving it a fair chance. There is no way 2.2 is slow and bogged down, but right after installation it feels that way for a couple of hours.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
As with past updates your location, when/where you purchased the phone, etc has no relevance as to when you will get the update. Even if your spouse gets it today it does not mean you won't be waiting a few weeks to get it.

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Got it about 11:15 a.m, EDT, Atlanta, GA. At work and trying not to jump up and down. :)

Is there still a problem with Facebook draining the battery, and if so, what is the solution? (If this has been addressed already, please ignore question.) I had to re-log on and it also asked me about synching with my address book, which I didn't do this time around.

Joeteck

Reaction score
Yes, got it @ 11:30AM from Long Island, NY. What would happen if I did it?

Currently running BB V0.4, with red glass as my theme...

Attachments

• P8110032.JPG
    P8110032.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 167

Sal

Reaction score
Got it about 11:15 a.m, EDT, Atlanta, GA. At work and trying not to jump up and down. :)

Is there still a problem with Facebook draining the battery, and if so, what is the solution? (If this has been addressed already, please ignore question.) I had to re-log on and it also asked me about synching with my address book, which I didn't do this time around.

Just make sure you have the newest version in the Market; the bug has been fixed...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes, got it. Lond Island, NY. What would happen if I did it?

Fail upon install......

Jcassell1

Reaction score
So when I get the update, my droid will be overclocked to 800Mhz instead of 550?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
You're on Long Island and you got the notification?

Yes, got it. Lond Island, NY. What would happen if I did it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jcassell1

Reaction score
So the speed increasing is different than those who have rooted and overclocked to 800? Whats the difference?

lowboy

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, what I thought but wasnt sure. So in other words, people who manually updated ARE up to date.

Definitely should be. Although people running FRG22 should be on the lookout. I have read reports from folks who HAVE gotten the notification on FRG22 (with no build.prop market fix edits). So this update must be looking for both older AND newer build numbers and acting accordingly.

In the end, though, everybody should watch out for the notification JUST IN CASE I am wrong. After all, I don't think we know exactly HOW the update server makes its determination of who needs the OTA.

I'm in middle Tn. I currently have the FRG22 on my phone. I have not gotten any OTA update yet. I will chime in if I do.