****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

dannydoes

Reaction score
So I got my froyo update yesterday. Yea, it's a little faster, hardly noticeable, sometimes not. But I see they mention on this forum that it may take a few days before you achieve full speed.

The bad news is, every time I'm on the phone, and someone sends me a text or an email, the notification will drop my call. This happened three times already. Anyone else had this frustrating experience?

johnnieeve

Reaction score
Got my OTA yesterday around 2:00PM PST. Droid appears to be doing fine, however when in the docking station, after a few minutes the screen switches to dark with green characters showing just the time and date?

Benton

Reaction score
dannydoes, I have stock 2.2 and incoming text does not cause the call to drop on my phone. Email will not go to the phone until the call is complete but will queue up awaiting completion of the call or in your case dropping the call (data will not ride while on the voice...CDMA). Since the update have you rebooted the phone completely (I strongly recommend this), done a *228 option 1 and *228 option 2? Give these tasks a try and see if this helps, good luck and let us know.

dabizz

Reaction score
Upstate South Carolina. Pressed the buton this morning about 7:30am and it loaded in a few minutes. Ennjoying the new features

Unl1m1t3d

Reaction score
Root 2.2

Quick question. Is it still worth rooting the Droid on the 2.2 update and mess with the overclocking and custom ROM's? Not that I will EVER try to overclock again after frying my last phone but just curious if it's still worth it.

On this note how do you root with stock 2.2 on your phone already? I see a bunch of tutorials online about how to root with 2.01 and 2.1, but nothing on how to root with 2.2. I'm not concerned about custom roms or overclocking, I just want to take advantage of wifi tethering and a few apps that need root privileges.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Update showed up sometime last night. Got up this morning, and it was ready to go.

Installed it. Seems to work perfectly. Downloaded Flash Player from the link in the first post here, and it's working too. Yay!

Phone says:
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1
Build number: FRG01B

M33_M33Ballerina

Reaction score
Got my update last night....felt like i was the last person on this side of the moon to get it...but my battery was too low to d/l LOL....but I did....and I like it...I know a lot of ppls are complaining...but....it's cool....gonna see if the flash d/l link works for me...:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got my update last night....felt like i was the last person on this side of the moon to get it...but my battery was too low to d/l LOL....but I did....and I like it...I know a lot of ppls are complaining...but....it's cool....gonna see if the flash d/l link works for me...:)

Trust me, most people are just loving this update. My brother got it and his wfie got it yesterday and they like it too. Is it perfect? No but it's a great update. For the majority of us that is.

M33_M33Ballerina

Reaction score
Trust me, most people are just loving this update. My brother got it and his wfie got it yesterday and they like it too. Is it perfect? No but it's a great update. For the majority of us that is.

agreed.....even tho I kept up w/ updates about the roll out, i wasn't expecting it to be everything it was getting hyped up to be.....it's almost more fun anticipating getting the update than actually getting it... hahaaa....

Sal

Reaction score
It must be slowing down as I think this is the first time in days that this thread has gone this long without a comment. :)
Yes, and it looks like the guide I was asked to write might not be that useful, even if it gets approval and goes up tonight. On the other hand, if that second round up updates hits, we can be getting this allllllll over again.

Oh, Lord. We're going to have to go through all this again so soon! :icon_eek:Hopefully less borking.

BTW: the thread supposedly dedicated to the FRG22 OTA has been way off topic when I dipped in recently. Maybe they should start a new one fresh when the thing actually starts coming so we'll be alerted to start looking out for it and find out how it is installing.:biggrin:

Sal

Reaction score

agreed.....even tho I kept up w/ updates about the roll out, i wasn't expecting it to be everything it was getting hyped up to be.....it's almost more fun anticipating getting the update than actually getting it... hahaaa....

+ 1 I do love the vibe here when something major is on the horizon.

dannydoes

Reaction score
drop calls

dannydoes, I have stock 2.2 and incoming text does not cause the call to drop on my phone. Email will not go to the phone until the call is complete but will queue up awaiting completion of the call or in your case dropping the call (data will not ride while on the voice...CDMA). Since the update have you rebooted the phone completely (I strongly recommend this), done a *228 option 1 and *228 option 2? Give these tasks a try and see if this helps, good luck and let us know.

I have rebooted the phone just by turning it off and on. I don't know what a *288 option 1 and 2 is. Would you please explain that to me?

I've done more testing today after a dropped call this morning and it appears to be doing what you say. It cues the emails, and the texting icon shows up but it doesn't beep the phone like it did before. Now I don't know what caused it for sure, but the phone played the notification icon all three times it dropped the call.

dannydoes

Reaction score
Update showed up sometime last night. Got up this morning, and it was ready to go.

Installed it. Seems to work perfectly. Downloaded Flash Player from the link in the first post here, and it's working too. Yay!

Phone says:
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1
Build number: FRG01B

didn't you find flash to be so slow that it's useless? If not can you tell me a site that it plays well on. My site it runs terribly cutting out so many frames that it's not worth having.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It's *228 -- what you dial for activation (opt.1) or increase roaming capabilities (opt. 2).
@furbearingmammal -- will everyone be getting this second update (unrooted)?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk