****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

droidgreg

Reaction score
Finally got the update Wednesday night! So far everything is fine. Maybe this has already been talked about but did anyone one notice (who is still stock) that the max clock speed is now 600Mhz, not 550Mhz...or am I losing it and it has always been that way?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally got the update Wednesday night! So far everything is fine. Maybe this has already been talked about but did anyone one notice (who is still stock) that the max clock speed is now 600Mhz, not 550Mhz...or am I losing it and it has always been that way?

Nope, I noticed the maximum clock speed is now 800 mhz.

That's using a standard kernel, on a rooted Droid and viewing it on SetCPU.

When I put a custom kernel in there I can go faster. But from what my observation is it's a lot faster then just 600 mhz. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bugless Beast V4 is getting hit with update notices. You are far from the first person, and not the first in this thread, to make this observation. It's built on old code. V5 will be available "soon".

The only option, since some people who installed the fix for this issue that Pete put out on his subforum have reported it didn't work, is to let SPRecovery or CW Recovery run block when it tries to intall.

I'm a little confused by this statement. SPRecovery will block the update and keep it from coming back. Are you saying that this is happening only to BB? Because everywhere else SPRecovery is blocking the update as indicated.

droidgreg

Reaction score

Nope, I noticed the maximum clock speed is now 800 mhz.

That's using a standard kernel, on a rooted Droid and viewing it on SetCPU.

When I put a custom kernel in there I can go faster. But from what my observation is it's a lot faster then just 600 mhz. :)

I just noticed when I first ran Linpack this morning it saved my last run as "600MHz..." and my previous (pre-update) was at "550MHz..."

Then I loaded Android System Info, and it show the Current Frequency as 600Mhz, and the Freq range as 125-800Mhz. When viewing the CPU clock in System Panel, the max freq is at 600MHz...I need to go a little faster! lol

If you dont mind me asking, what did you use to get the stock kernel, rooted so you can use SetCPU? I would like to experiment with a stock kernel and overclocking sometime without risk of ruining my droid!

markwebb

Reaction score
VT: while changing ROM's, I received the Froyo 2.2 45 Mb OTA Verizon notification @ 10 AM today, Saturday.
I will allow and install then let SPRecovery block it.

lennywc

Reaction score
No froyo ota sarasota fl.

I live in florida sarasota area , no froyo update received . Is verizon still updating ? If not, why did i not get the update? ( Sat 8th august)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in florida sarasota area , no froyo update received . Is verizon still updating ? If not, why did i not get the update? ( Sat 8th august)

If you are running 2.1 still, the update will get to you eventually. Your alternative and actually the better way to install without errors is to install the update we have available. You'll find it in the News area the Froyo Circus thread page 1.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I learned the hard way this week NOT to ever use anything but the OTA again... LOL

I did the manual non-rooted update and it crashed my phone. After 2 hours of reboots and master resets, nothing helped. I called VZW and they sent me to a corporate store. They tried to override the system and it crashed on them as well. They sent me a refurb and told me the refurb would already have 2.2 on it... WRONG! Another bricked phone. Called tech support... they walked me through a gazillion steps...

What we ended up finding out that my original phone was fine... the manual update though somehow corrupted my microSD card and it caused all the freezes and uselessness. I went to VZW and they replaced my SD card... all is well again!

I'll stick with the OTA updates from here on out... I'm pretty technically savvy, but this was more time than I was willing to spend on an update overall... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree, I think doing a manual update is safer then something that is coming in from over the air. I see much more people with problems with OTA updates.

Truth is both methods are pretty safe, and the vast majority of people won't have an issue either way. I'd rather be the one controlling what goes in my Droid however then to just take a chance on something coming in from the sky.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I learned the hard way this week NOT to ever use anything but the OTA again... LOL

I did the manual non-rooted update and it crashed my phone. After 2 hours of reboots and master resets, nothing helped. I called VZW and they sent me to a corporate store. They tried to override the system and it crashed on them as well. They sent me a refurb and told me the refurb would already have 2.2 on it... WRONG! Another bricked phone. Called tech support... they walked me through a gazillion steps...

What we ended up finding out that my original phone was fine... the manual update though somehow corrupted my microSD card and it caused all the freezes and uselessness. I went to VZW and they replaced my SD card... all is well again!

I'll stick with the OTA updates from here on out... I'm pretty technically savvy, but this was more time than I was willing to spend on an update overall... :)
That bites, yo. Bites hard, and then hangs on.

I've seen SD cards get corrupted with ANY kind of flash/update, though. Unfortunately, they happen. Nothing in this world is perfect, and at least one of the folks who has this problem with their SD card had SPRecovery installed and it was tracking down the error code that he found out what was making his phone boot-loop.

chesspokerface

Reaction score
I finally got the 2.2 OTA update on the 19th. Now the question is, how long before we get a Flash player that works halfway decently? Maybe Jobs was actually right and Flash just sucks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I finally got the 2.2 OTA update on the 19th. Now the question is, how long before we get a Flash player that works halfway decently? Maybe Jobs was actually right and Flash just sucks.
An official Droid release will be "soon".

The official Nexus 1 release runs fine.

:welcome: to the Forum!

nomusa53

Reaction score
Other than 2 extra screens and slight formatting appearance differences of some apps, not sure I'd notice. But ... Still no flash, VERY few apps will load to SD - thought all would be my choice, have to use ATK MORE now to kill UNRELATED apps that non-sensically, randomly run in background, Blink keeps saying memory low but same 64 apps (in fact deleted 5 big ones) - of course 10 of them I can't get rid of since I'm not rooted, EVO keyboard no longer runs, don't like that I have to X out of car mode vs using "back" key, camera to gallery still slow (hours at times), good thing is yahoo notifications working again which were lost in 2.1 .... but despite all I still LOVE my motodroid1.