****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

Nopetize

Reaction score
@Nopetize

An ad for a different phone, running a different version of the OS than what's currently being pushed out, does not disprove my point. :)

Uhmm...no disrespect furbearingmammal, but I did say, just before the video box that it was probably exclusive to the X and above...was not trying to disprove you, but stating that it doesn't look like that this update would allow the original Droid those capabilities.

droidfreak1

Reaction score
I have a conondrum. My phone downloaded Android 2.2 (FroYo) and I clicked install now. Since I am rooted and I have clockwordmod recovery ninstalled it seems to of have aborted and it says my system is up to date. What do I do? I kinda want the official OTA update.

xxwake4lifexx

Reaction score
Have you tried PMing someone and taking it step-by-step? A guide I've written is being examined by a moderator before final posting, so that may be up before the night's over to help you out.

I don't really know who to PM, but thanks for replying. I've rooted my Droid before so I'm pretty sure I'm doing the steps correctly. Basically I download the 2.2 file and save it to my computer. Its renamed so its 'update.zip' as Windows automatically adds the '.zip.' I place it on the SD root and go into the recovery and it can never 'verify the file.' I've also tried doing the same exact thing with Astro directly on my Droid. I kept thinking I'll get the update OTA any minute, but I've been waiting for that for like 3 days now.
Are you running a stock recovery or SPRecovery/ClockworkMOD Recovery?

I am running a stock recovery. My Droid should be bone stock. I was told if my recovery thing showed a triangle with an '!' in it, then I was back to the stock recovery.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have a conondrum. My phone downloaded Android 2.2 (FroYo) and I clicked install now. Since I am rooted and I have clockwordmod recovery ninstalled it seems to of have aborted and it says my system is up to date. What do I do? I kinda want the official OTA update.
Download the update directly, then allow CW Recovery to install the update. You'll lose root, CW Recovery, and have a bone-stock system again. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
@Nopetize

An ad for a different phone, running a different version of the OS than what's currently being pushed out, does not disprove my point. :)

Uhmm...no disrespect furbearingmammal, but I did say, just before the video box that it was probably exclusive to the X and above...was not trying to disprove you, but stating that it doesn't look like that this update would allow the original Droid those capabilities.
None taken. The forum's been lagging tonight badly, at least for me out on the East Coast, so stuff that should have been posted earlier gets delayed, and I've had more "duplicate post" errors than I care to think about this evening. :)

Also, as to your lag issues -- give it an hour and then reboot. If you still have a problem you have an install issue with your update and it may straighten out shortly or require a manual install of the larger update from the circus thread -- or going to Verizon and possibly putting up with a crapped-out phone for a couple days.

loganmax

Reaction score
OK, I have a couple of questions and I know one has been answered a million times but:

If I have manually updated my phone to 2.2 , will I still get the update notification? ( this is a question about the first and second notification)

Secondly, I manually updated mine and my daughters droids using the same file but she does not have the "update all" feature in the market and I do. Why would this be?

Lastly, my wife's droid I did not manually update and she got the OTA update tonight and it updates very fast. I mention this cause some have said the ota update takes a while but it was really fast on her phone.

xxwake4lifexx

Reaction score
I don't really know who to PM, but thanks for replying. I've rooted my Droid before so I'm pretty sure I'm doing the steps correctly. Basically I download the 2.2 file and save it to my computer. Its renamed so its 'update.zip' as Windows automatically adds the '.zip.' I place it on the SD root and go into the recovery and it can never 'verify the file.' I've also tried doing the same exact thing with Astro directly on my Droid. I kept thinking I'll get the update OTA any minute, but I've been waiting for that for like 3 days now.
Are you running a stock recovery or SPRecovery/ClockworkMOD Recovery?

I am running a stock recovery. My Droid should be bone stock. I was told if my recovery thing showed a triangle with an '!' in it, then I was back to the stock recovery.

This is the error I get every time I try to manually perform the 2.2 update.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Every single time. I am 100% positive the file is renamed properly. I even just did a factory reset and wiped everything and I'm still getting that error.

Help. :angry:

I just want me some Froyo!

Sal

Reaction score
OK, I have a couple of questions and I know one has been answered a million times but:

If I have manually updated my phone to 2.2 , will I still get the update notification? ( this is a question about the first and second notification)

Secondly, I manually updated mine and my daughters droids using the same file but she does not have the "update all" feature in the market and I do. Why would this be?

Lastly, my wife's droid I did not manually update and she got the OTA update tonight and it updates very fast. I mention this cause some have said the ota update takes a while but it was really fast on her phone.

Hey,where is the "update all" feature in froyo's market. i don't think i got it either!

tea_b0ne

Reaction score
Finally!!! Got the 2.2 Update last night around 8:30. dancedroid It's running fast and smooth!

freesoftwarefan

Reaction score
Update arrived this morning for me. No issues at all that I can see. Got my droid right at release so this is my 3rd update, and never had a problem. My droid has been one of my favorite tech items in decades and getting progressive updates has really added value.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It must be slowing down as I think this is the first time in days that this thread has gone this long without a comment. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
It must be slowing down as I think this is the first time in days that this thread has gone this long without a comment. :)
Yes, and it looks like the guide I was asked to write might not be that useful, even if it gets approval and goes up tonight. On the other hand, if that second round up updates hits, we can be getting this allllllll over again.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
@ xxwake4lifexx

If you still have the issue install issue at this point, please wait. Other than trying to download another file and trying again (because if it's in the right place and named right it sounds like you're trying to install a rooted ROM), you don't have any options at this point. A guide with detailed step-by-step instructions and some troubleshooting tips may be up as early as this evening, and you may get the OTA push before then -- and hopefully if so it'll install without a hitch for you.