****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

jajones20

Reaction score
What are UD and BB?

@xkape
Ergo why UD and BB in particular are having issues. I thought both were built from source, but I've heard plenty of reports they're hacked stock ROMs. The difference is built-from-source ROMs sync up to the latest AOSP code before any release while the hacked ROMs are hacked every single time from the latest stock release. There are advantages and disadvantages to each method, but built-from-source ROMs usually don't have the nag-screen problem unless someone forgot to disable that bit of code in the build. :)

@plongson
You don't need to move the .apk, just open it within Astro and let it install. Once it's installed you can move the installed data to the SD card if it's enabled in Flash to let it do that.

What are UD and BB?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
yeh no froyo for me yet....how long til this thing is rolled out?

It's rolling out. People are getting it. You haven't yet. Wait or push the update manually. It's not that tricky and has a higher success rate than allowing Verizon to do it for you.

What are UD and BB?

Ultimate Droid and Bugless Beast. They're custom ROMs available to rooted users who wish to run something other than the stock flavor of Android available on the Droid 1.

lowboy

Reaction score
Only one I know of here in middle Tn. That was in Crossville. Wife got it and the husband is upset he did not............LOL

BlackRose

Reaction score
i got tired of waiting a few days ago, did the manual update myself.......and if i can do it anyone can, my son tells me i'm dangerous around computers and that i shouldnt be allowed around anything more complicated than a digital watch.

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
i love how google called this update FROYO because it was supposed to be a nice refreshing update in the summer. at the rate verizon and google are working they might need to call this update HOT CHOCOLATE

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
how does the updating process work what kind of order do the updates come in?
Order random updates come. No sense, no rhyme, merely anger and hatred from those who get it did not.

Enough Yoda.

You download a file, rename it, place it on the root of your SD card, reboot your phone into recovery, tell the recovery console to install it, and then wait. Unless something goes wrong you'll slooooooooooowly boot to your home screen and then you'll be updated. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

shp18whl

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with a manual update for my left out Droid ???