****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

jerroedr

Reaction score
Any stock people that added flash notice lag? I get it browsing and just playing around

UnInstalled and lag is gone
Go to your browser settings and scroll down to plugins -- set it to "on demand" and you can load any flash item that you want and not have to deal with ten thousand idiotic banner ads asking you to buy their toothpaste, get laid fast, sign up for their credit card, or use their mobile banking app. :)

clutch! fixed it! smart smart mammal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Any stock people that added flash notice lag? I get it browsing and just playing around

UnInstalled and lag is gone
Go to your browser settings and scroll down to plugins -- set it to "on demand" and you can load any flash item that you want and not have to deal with ten thousand idiotic banner ads asking you to buy their toothpaste, get laid fast, sign up for their credit card, or use their mobile banking app. :)

I gets a bikkit!

If you use FireFox on your PC you can download a plugin called "flashblock" that does the same thing when you surf at home...

Not that you heard it from me, mind you. :)

jerroedr

Reaction score

I gets a bikkit!

If you use FireFox on your PC you can download a plugin called "flashblock" that does the same thing when you surf at home...

Not that you heard it from me, mind you. :)

Sweet! flash has been messing up recently slowing my shiz down.

as far as rooting, it seems like its impossible to brick your phone, but since i dont have the insurance i dont know if I want to risk it. Plus even after reading thread after thread i dont get it.

Do you root mr mammal?

im probably going to do it eventually, but i gotta get me learn on

jajones20

Reaction score
I followed all your directions and I've got Froyo! and WOW--my piano keyboard app will now play chords, thanks to multi-touch!
-jacke

rustyb

Reaction score
Just called #611, & "2" techs told me the rollout is still going on. One said they probably won't be finished by the 18th and they were going to roll it out to other models. I tried to do it my self and it took 40 min. to down load the first 2 "squares". STILL WAITING IN SF. Off topic, how to change profile pic?:icon_cool:

JePiNaY

Reaction score
I know I said I'd wait till tomorrow was over just to see if I'd get the update (I said that maybe an hour or so ago). But I changed my mind and decided to manually update it. It's very easy and simple; had no problems on my part.

I've now got Froyo and I'm going to experiment so I can fill out the added home screens to my liking. :)

gold21030

Reaction score
I know I said I'd wait till tomorrow was over just to see if I'd get the update (I said that maybe an hour or so ago). But I changed my mind and decided to manually update it. It's very easy and simple; had no problems on my part.

I've now got Froyo and I'm going to experiment so I can fill out the added home screens to my liking. :)

Kind of a dumb question, but does manually updating delete all your data?

jerroedr

Reaction score

no sir. i was surprised at how easy it was

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sweet! flash has been messing up recently slowing my shiz down.

as far as rooting, it seems like its impossible to brick your phone, but since i dont have the insurance i dont know if I want to risk it. Plus even after reading thread after thread i dont get it.

Do you root mr mammal?

im probably going to do it eventually, but i gotta get me learn on

Yes, I do, and if you want to do it to we'll help you do it. Just learn as much as you can on it first. This thread may help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html Not my thread, not my title, so don't be offended, though I might have named a thread just like that anyway. :D

Off topic, how to change profile pic?:icon_cool:

Use the User CP button up near the top of the page and then the edit avatar option on the left.

No. There will be some setup involved after the fact, but unlike installing a custom ROM it leaves your data intact.

jerroedr

Reaction score
thanks fur! that thread taught me some, but i got a little ways to go before im knowledgeable enough.

gspmmafan

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked a million times but is there any difference between the 2 file sizes on the updates? Is one better than the other?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked a million times but is there any difference between the 2 file sizes on the updates? Is one better than the other?

The smaller 40-some meg file is a patch file. The larger 70-some meg file is a full rom file. Some consider it to be cleaner to use the bigger one since it re-installs everything.