OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have been rooted ever since one can root for Droid. I have never noticed any difference until I was running the stock 22D. The browser would prefetch URLs. For example, if I would start typing droid forums the drop down would have www.droidforums.net as an option to select, even if I did not have it in my history. Now being rooted it no longer prefetches URLs unless they are in my history. Anyone notice that too? Anyone know of a fix?

I just installed the frg22d over the frg01b Yesterday and the prefetching of URL's works fine for me. I did not wipe cache or anything. No issues so far everything is working fine never even had to update anything.
Went to the market & installed flash 10.1 even though I had installed it manually allready. now it shows in my downloads so I can get updates.

I am rooted & have been since about day 7 of receiving my phone.

I used the file from here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/met...u-busybox.html

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Prefetching works on mine, the odexed rooted build that metiCkOne posted. The only thing I wiped was cache, and it's running cleanly with no problems.

I'm ecstatic that the OTA is going in full force now!!! dancedroid

Maybe it just does it with deodexed versions.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have been rooted ever since one can root for Droid. I have never noticed any difference until I was running the stock 22D. The browser would prefetch URLs. For example, if I would start typing droid forums the drop down would have www.droidforums.net as an option to select, even if I did not have it in my history. Now being rooted it no longer prefetches URLs unless they are in my history. Anyone notice that too? Anyone know of a fix?

I just installed the frg22d over the frg01b Yesterday and the prefetching of URL's works fine for me. I did not wipe cache or anything. No issues so far everything is working fine never even had to update anything.
Went to the market & installed flash 10.1 even though I had installed it manually allready. now it shows in my downloads so I can get updates.

Are you using deodexed version?

dwoid

Reaction score
This is just a guess, but I have to wonder if your implementation of Google Search is either, absent, old or tweaked. If it is absent or old you should be able to load it from Market. If you think it might be tweaked, you could go into settings => applications => manage applications in the "All" tab and clear it's data. The version I'm running is 1.1.0.48668 and I think that's up to date.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have the most up to date version too. I think it has to do with the Browser.apk being deodexed...

This is just a guess, but I have to wonder if your implementation of Google Search is either, absent, old or tweaked. If it is absent or old you should be able to load it from Market. If you think it might be tweaked, you could go into settings => applications => manage applications in the "All" tab and clear it's data. The version I'm running is 1.1.0.48668 and I think that's up to date.

garyiden

Reaction score
Downloaded direct to phone.

Used Astro to change to update.zip

Powered off.

Held "X" and Power.

Volume up then Camera Button.

"apply update.zip"

reboot.

FRG22D.
dancedroid

Took all of 10 minutes including reading the whole thread.

I did this same procedure but I get "installation aborted" no update. I've re-downloaded the update.zip file several times but still it doesn't load. What's up?

g

allikanbe

Reaction score
I got the OTA update this am. Virginia. Installed flash and showcase. When viewing a movie trailer in showcase (using xscope as the browser) my volume button would not change volume, but it did scroll my screen (not good). I then viewed the same trailer using the stock browser, the volume button adjust volume and did not scroll (better).
Looks good so far.

sharondet

Reaction score
[I got the OTA update this am. Virginia. Installed flash and showcase. When viewing a movie trailer in showcase (using xscope as the browser) my volume button would not change volume, but it did scroll my screen (not good). I then viewed the same trailer using the stock browser, the volume button adjust volume and did not scroll (better).
Looks good so far.[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a setting in Xscope about using the volumn key for page scrolling. You can un-check it, and see what happens.

Riley

Reaction score
I got the update this AM. All is well except Swype is broken again....and something maybe I never noticed before....but in astro, I can see all the internal system files of my phone....has that always been accessable and I never noticed? Maybe I never went further than my SD card I dunno LOL!