OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I've read most of this thread and I'm still not 100% sure what I should do. I have 01B, rooted, but otherwise stock. I just wanted to be able to use some root-required apps from the Market. So if/when I get this ota, should I unroot or not before applying it?

It depends on how you rooted. If you have SPRecovery or Clockwork Recovery installed they will block the update if you try to install it. You would need to unroot first to install it. If you used something like EasyRoot you can install, but will lose root and will need to re-root (that is what I did). There is an already-rooted version of the latest patch earlier in this thread and in the Hacks forum if you are interested.

rgriggs

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I did get the OTA FRG22D update this morning in Kansas. :)

Sal

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I did get the OTA FRG22D update this morning in Kansas. :)

Cool. Anyone else get it overnight? If Verizon really started it on thursday, we should have already seen at least one big wave of a.m. reports by now...

rgriggs

Reaction score
rgriggs - Can you compare Basband version C_01.43.01P, Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g874c292android-build@apa26 #1

Chris

Sorry I'm not up on all the different kernels, but I do know that my phone seems to be running good. Also flash showed up in the market. :)

Snoking

Reaction score
rgriggs - Can you compare Basband version C_01.43.01P, Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g874c292android-build@apa26 #1

Chris

Sorry I'm not up on all the different kernels, but I do know that my phone seems to be running good. Also flash showed up in the market. :)

Look in settings, above phone and compare those two items. Thanks Chris

Chebyshev

Reaction score
I've read most of this thread and I'm still not 100% sure what I should do. I have 01B, rooted, but otherwise stock. I just wanted to be able to use some root-required apps from the Market. So if/when I get this ota, should I unroot or not before applying it?

It depends on how you rooted. If you have SPRecovery or Clockwork Recovery installed they will block the update if you try to install it. You would need to unroot first to install it. If you used something like EasyRoot you can install, but will lose root and will need to re-root (that is what I did). There is an already-rooted version of the latest patch earlier in this thread and in the Hacks forum if you are interested.

Could you point me to the already rooted FRG22D file? I couldn't find it in this thread or in the Hacks forum. I'm rooted with Easy Root on FRG01B and I'd like to update, but I don't really want to lose root.

billyk

Reaction score
Although this thread has taken an number of twists/turns, it has been informative.

Good to hear that 22D is pushed now and should be complete on 9/4.

Also, good to hear that there are reports of 01B issues being resolved in 22D.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Could you point me to the already rooted FRG22D file? I couldn't find it in this thread or in the Hacks forum. I'm rooted with Easy Root on FRG01B and I'd like to update, but I don't really want to lose root.

Here is is. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to install it. You need either SPRecovery or ClockworkRecovery. Your best bet may be to install the patch (the EasyRoot method does not block it) and then re-root. Not sure if EasyRoot works for this version yet. You may want to contact the developer. This time I rooted I did the whole SPRecovery thing. It is actually faily simple if a bit detailed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/75695-release-official-frg22d-deodexed-su-busybox.html

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Root Vs Non-Root

I have been rooted ever since one can root for Droid. I have never noticed any difference until I was running the stock 22D. The browser would prefetch URLs. For example, if I would start typing droid forums the drop down would have www.droidforums.net as an option to select, even if I did not have it in my history. Now being rooted it no longer prefetches URLs unless they are in my history. Anyone notice that too? Anyone know of a fix?

dwoid

Reaction score
Prefetching works on mine, the odexed rooted build that metiCkOne posted. The only thing I wiped was cache, and it's running cleanly with no problems.

I'm ecstatic that the OTA is going in full force now!!! dancedroid

Chebyshev

Reaction score

Here is is. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to install it. You need either SPRecovery or ClockworkRecovery. Your best bet may be to install the patch (the EasyRoot method does not block it) and then re-root. Not sure if EasyRoot works for this version yet. You may want to contact the developer. This time I rooted I did the whole SPRecovery thing. It is actually faily simple if a bit detailed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/75695-release-official-frg22d-deodexed-su-busybox.html

Thanks.

Easy Root just does the rooting magic. I use ROM Manager with Clockwork Recovery to actually install ROMs so I think I should be ok with this.

dwoid

Reaction score
Note: At least as of my last reading, the easy rooting programs did not work under FRG22D... Maybe they've been fixed now???