OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

dwoid

Reaction score
You're right, that was a cheap shot. I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back here to call me on it.

I'm just a doubter I guess.

Again, sorry.

Oh yes, you are correct, I had nothing better to do that to hack into internal documents and post them just to irritate everyone. Grow the hell up.

I purposely posted the images because I knew the strangely paranoid types may question it. But if you actually looked at the first screen shot it has the update icon in the corner, and a rooted kernel listed. And it didn't even occur to me that no one else got it at that point in time. I just wanted to know what to do about it, which someone kindly answered.

Unbelievable.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/9046f5a3ec09.signed-voles-ota-45394.zip

If it works with stock recovery it's official. If someone's figured out how to get a properly signature on anything they want we're all in trouble.

So that means the patch in the OP is also official. And I'm sure I remember reading elsewhere on this forum that others had gotten it OTA. So why do some people consider it "fishy"?
Anyway, back to my post you replied to...it's nice to know that rooting is easier than I thought ; I wasn't sure if it would be so for me since I have applied the 1.6 MB patch, and that seems to have affected some rooting methods.
Of course if I do root I will want the kind that enables you to do full backups anyway ...I was once advised that I should know what I wanted to accomplish by rooting before doing it, and I'm not sure.
I guess right now I'd like to be sure I didn't do something awful to my phone with this patch or the aborted attempt to reimpose the 79 MB file....
Then I will sit back, and breathe, and think about rooting.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

If it works with stock recovery it's official. If someone's figured out how to get a properly signature on anything they want we're all in trouble.

So that means the patch in the OP is also official. And I'm sure I remember reading elsewhere on this forum that others had gotten it OTA. So why do some people consider it "fishy"?
Anyway, back to my post you replied to...it's nice to know that rooting is easier than I thought ; I wasn't sure if it would be so for me since I have applied the 1.6 MB patch, and that seems to have affected some rooting methods.
Of course if I do root I will want the kind that enables you to do full backups anyway ...I was once advised that I should know what I wanted to accomplish by rooting before doing it, and I'm not sure.
I guess right now I'd like to be sure I didn't do something awful to my phone with this patch or the aborted attempt to reimpose the 79 MB file....
SPRecovery allows Nandroid backups, so you'd be good to go right out of the box, as it were.

Yes, deciding why you want root access is the most important part of rooting. I've seen several threads with people desperately wanting to go back to stock, and NOT because they needed service. Sometimes breaking root so you can have a stock phone can be as hard or harder than rooting in the first place.

Sal

Reaction score

There has been no confirmed ota of 22D. Period. Just one or two random folks saying they got it. Real ota releases involve loads of such reports here and all over related sites.

Snoking

Reaction score
OK I now do not get the flashing green led when I have a new email with FRG22D. Could not find a setting for it. Also search did not turn up anything. Chris
Well I got another email got the green light this time. Chris

dwoid

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Froyo only turns the message light on when the screen is turned off. If the screen is on, we're expected to notice messages (and mail) in the Notification bar.

There have been numerous complaints about this new behavior on various sites.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score

There has been no confirmed ota of 22D. Period. Just one or two random folks saying they got it. Real ota releases involve loads of such reports here and all over related sites.

So, what does that mean, that the patch in the OP, on Goolge's servers, is bogus? I don't understand how that could be.

dwoid

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone else, but the OP's patch being on Google's public site is one of the reasons I believe it's an official patch. That, and as Fur has indicated, it works with the stock Recovery, and it's signed, and all the rest...

However, historically Verizon is known to deliver multiple versions during an OTA. That's where my doubtfulness lies.

That said, I'm running this OP's FRG22D patch over FRG01B, rooted, and it's probably the cleanest stock rooted Froyo setup I've seen yet. And I've run them all.

I still have curiosities and doubts. yes, but I can wait until the OTA is completed to see what came out. This version is extremely sound.

So, what does that mean, that the patch in the OP, on Goolge's servers, is bogus? I don't understand how that could be.

Snoking

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Froyo only turns the message light on when the screen is turned off. If the screen is on, we're expected to notice messages (and mail) in the Notification bar.

There have been numerous complaints about this new behavior on various sites.

Yeap, that is what is happening. Thanks Chris

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still don't get the point of all the doubtfulness. I understand there could be multiple ways in which Verizon updates a phone to 22D. There are multiple ways (two OTA files) to update to 01B - but they accomplish the exact same thing and one is no more or less "official" than the other. If you really believe this patch to be official, then why doubt? That seems contradictory. The OTA has begun... at least one person has reported and proven it (and for every Droid owner that actually posts on this forum, statistically, there are probably 3 that look and don't post, and 6-7 that don't even know about the forum). Verizon's documents confirm it. As hookbill, cerealkiller, history, and others have stated, they always start real slow and then move out quickly. I'm sure (now that we have 9/4 as an official end date) the next week will show a LOT more posts about the 22D update hitting phones.

I'm really not trying to sound argumentative, I just flat out don't understand.

hapster

Reaction score
I've read most of this thread and I'm still not 100% sure what I should do. I have 01B, rooted, but otherwise stock. I just wanted to be able to use some root-required apps from the Market. So if/when I get this ota, should I unroot or not before applying it?

Sent from my Moto Droid

rlfitz

Reaction score
email security settings?

Ok so i did the frg22d patch and it worked fine, got flash. I went back and read this whole thread again to see if my question i asked before got answered already. My question is whats the deal with the corp email security update message i keep getting. I read a few pages back, somebody figured out that this issue could be the reason why my battery life now sucks. What is the security update? What do i need to do about this email security update message i keep getting?

Snoking

Reaction score
Little report on speed here this morning. On FRG01B to highest Quadrant number I recorded was 844 after a few days of FRG01B settling in. Yesterday I loaded FRG22D and got less than 800. I just ran it this morning and got 904 stock unrooted. I am at 40-50 percent battery and charging.

Chris