OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

ultra09hd

Reaction score
iz cornfuzed! is verizon doing an ots update so the flash player will be seen or when will flash be availible in the market? this downloading stuff is crazy talk to me and i dont understand any of it...yes, im a techno-moron. ive got the ota 2.2 from verizon, when will the flash player be availible?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
iz cornfuzed! is verizon doing an ots update so the flash player will be seen or when will flash be availible in the market? this downloading stuff is crazy talk to me and i dont understand any of it...yes, im a techno-moron. ive got the ota 2.2 from verizon, when will the flash player be availible?
Right now if you either a, install Flash from this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/70926-official-flash-market.html (instructions are included)

or b, install the update from the OP in this thread. :)

Instructions will be provided if you wish.

Otherwise, it'll be soon. Verizon isn't pushing this out very fast -- probably because of the pushes to the Incredible and whatnot.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I actually don't know which ~70MB file I downloaded (whether it was official OTA)...do you know where I can locate that?

Thanks for the help thus far...
Sorry, the previous post was for you. I thought the quote box was checked.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You might have. Make sure it's update.zip and not update.zip.zip or update .zip, yadda yadda. :)

By the way, cross-posting will get you in trouble. Be careful, okay? :)

lax01

Reaction score
Not working...I'm doing it all on the phone via Astro...and confirmed its named update.zip...it finds the update, it just can't verify the package...

Snoking

Reaction score
I actually don't know which ~70MB file I downloaded (whether it was official OTA)...do you know where I can locate that?

So why don't you just figure out the email issue and stay on FRG22D, it is coming anyway.

Chris

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
[quote/]

As to going back, run the FRG01B update, preferably the larger file, and it'll push you right back. It'll give you time to find out any other issues that might crop up.

[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that, furbearingmammal.
Some posts in this thread made me nervous about the update in the OP, and I tried just that. I got the following :

assert failed: ! less_than_int(1279140904.getprop."to.build.date.utc")
Installation aborted

I tried twice, once with the very same file that had worked before, and again with a fresh download.
So I'm stuck with FRG22D via the OP patch for good or ill, so I hope it's good.
Unless, of course, I root, but I'm not confident I understand the command-line stuff well enough for that.
So I sure hope there's nothing fishy about that patch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lax01

Reaction score

So why don't you just figure out the email issue and stay on FRG22D, it is coming anyway.

Chris

What do you mean figure out the email issue? It was working in FRG01b...now its partially working FRG22D...I don't have the skills or knowledge to fix the code and the servers are beyond my control to play with. The simplest option is to simply go back to FRG01b or forget about using Exhcange on my phone (even though it worked 48 hours ago)

urklegrue

Reaction score
Im a dudette....and i'm sick of verizon's bull kaka.. don't need to be told manual is available. Its not about that. Snark elsewhere, svp. :)

You're not alone, Sal, and you're right, it's not about knowing there's a patch available to download manually.

It's been nearly 52 hours since a report came in that "I have an OTA update sitting on my phone this morning..." The image that accompanied it is and was also avaliable elsewhere in internal VZW/Moto/Google documents. That report was received only here in this thread and not in any other thread or forum anywhere. No one else anywhere on the Web has reported getting a live FRG22D OTA from VZW servers. Something smells fishy.

Oh yes, you are correct, I had nothing better to do that to hack into internal documents and post them just to irritate everyone. Grow the hell up.

I purposely posted the images because I knew the strangely paranoid types may question it. But if you actually looked at the first screen shot it has the update icon in the corner, and a rooted kernel listed. And it didn't even occur to me that no one else got it at that point in time. I just wanted to know what to do about it, which someone kindly answered.

Unbelievable.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
[quote/]

As to going back, run the FRG01B update, preferably the larger file, and it'll push you right back. It'll give you time to find out any other issues that might crop up.

I'm not so sure about that, furbearingmammal.
Some posts in this thread made me nervous about the update in the OP, and I tried just that. I got the following :

assert failed: ! less_than_int(1279140904.getprop."to.build.date.utc")
Installation aborted

I tried twice, once with the very same file that had worked before, and again with a fresh download.
So I'm stuck with FRG22D via the OP patch for good or ill, so I hope it's good.
Unless, of course, I root, but I'm not confident I understand the command-line stuff well enough for that.
So I sure hope there's nothing fishy about that patch.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Command-line stuff? :) It's actually easier to root than it is to manually uninstall apps once you're rooted.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

And that's for everyone who doesn't want FRG22D on their phone.

Snoking

Reaction score
OK I now do not get the flashing green led when I have a new email with FRG22D. Could not find a setting for it. Also search did not turn up anything. Chris