OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

Interpol

Reaction score
Droid X wifi issue?

Anyone have issues staying connected to wifi? I just switched from a Droid and I have 5 other smart phones in my home that connect to wifi all of the time. The Droid X will connect fine but will then stop sending and receiving data....It still THINKS it has a connection but it doesn't. "forgetting" the wifi settings and reconnecting are the only things that seem to work.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
I definitely have this issue as well. Very irritating. Hoping a fix comes out for it soon.

EDIT: Just to follow up, I found this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...nectivity-unreliable-aes-dlink-dir-655-a.html

I have the same router, so I tried changing wireless encryption to WPA2/TKIP (I stopped AES) and so far, not a single connection freeze/lockup. I'm starting to suspect that AES encryption is the culprit here.

Last edited:

jetdoc

Reaction score
A few probs/concerns/questions. Battery, smart or performance, I know smart conserves but is the speed gain, if any, worth it..?

Speed Dials: I have several family members in mine. I have mine phone addy book set to Facebook, so almost all contacts have a pic with them. All my speed dials have pics on them in FB and in my contact list, but on speed dial, none do, and one even has 'unknown' as her name. All of their numbers are correct though.

On my DIC when you had the charger plugged in at night, you had a clock that came up as it charged at night....I've not found one on this phone, is it there but I am not seeing it..?

And the BW app, is not accurate for weather. I hit refresh several times, it still showed a clear moon and said 'clear skies'...as it was thundering and lightening all over, lol. The standard weather widget on one of the other pages, was, as normal, accurate....showing rain and lightening bolts, and stating the same. Is there a better weather widget that has a clock, like the DIC had, standard...? I think maybe it was part of the sense...?

djcatskratch

Reaction score
Here's my issue. I think I'm having battery issues because it didn't charge overnight the first night I got it on the multimedia dock. I was 45 minutes late to something but that's my own fault, haha.

However, I haven't check Moto's forums for this yet, but this is what I have the most problems with.

When I have the phone hooked up to the car dock, and I'm running the active Google Maps Navigation, every few minutes, the phone will go back to the previous screen. The Navigation App itself is still running and all I have to do is pull down the Pane and press it again, but of course, I should not have to. It could do it right before a turn or something. That's my only issue so far, I LOVE the phone and maybe that issue will be addressed with the update.

I'll go check the moto forums and see what they have there. Thanks!

jetdoc

Reaction score
Droid X wifi issue?

Anyone have issues staying connected to wifi? I just switched from a Droid and I have 5 other smart phones in my home that connect to wifi all of the time. The Droid X will connect fine but will then stop sending and receiving data....It still THINKS it has a connection but it doesn't. "forgetting" the wifi settings and reconnecting are the only things that seem to work.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
I definitely have this issue as well. Very irritating. Hoping a fix comes out for it soon.

EDIT: Just to follow up, I found this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...nectivity-unreliable-aes-dlink-dir-655-a.html

I have the same router, so I tried changing wireless encryption to WPA2/TKIP (I stopped AES) and so far, not a single connection freeze/lockup. I'm starting to suspect that AES encryption is the culprit here.

I too was having the issue, big time. I thought maybe because I had messed with some of the settings it caused it. Under 'location and security settings' I ticked 'use wireless networks'....either I did, or it already was ticked...? I unticked that and I also had 'enable assisted GPS' ticked too.

It seems to be better since I unticked those, but maybe I am just thinking that...?

Interpol

Reaction score
I too was having the issue, big time. I thought maybe because I had messed with some of the settings it caused it. Under 'location and security settings' I ticked 'use wireless networks'....either I did, or it already was ticked...? I unticked that and I also had 'enable assisted GPS' ticked too.

It seems to be better since I unticked those, but maybe I am just thinking that...?
I doubt that's the cause of the problem. That option just allows location services to use your router's IP address to assist in determining the location of the phone.

1dp3655

Reaction score
There's something wrong with my battery indicator. It drained to 30 percent and showed the yellow battery. I turned my phone off to reboot since I installed a couple of new apps. Now it's at 70 percent again?

Is this a known bug?
Looks like it has a faulty battery indicator when you restart the X. I had a similar problem. My battery was low so I shut it down for the night and in the morning it looked like it recharged on its own to about 40%. Within the hour, is was drained. I downloaded Battery Indicator app. It shows % in 10% intervals on the left of the notification bar. I am going to track this to see which is accurate.

lcosta02

Reaction score
Phone Turns Off

Only problem I've had is the phone shuts off automatically sometimes, even with full battery. It's happened three times since I bought it on release date (7/15).

Other than that, it's been great.

MajorChachi

Reaction score
Home Screen Customization

So you know when you hold on an icon or widget on the home screens? It turns green and you can move it around...yeah, it works for a while, then it stops working!

I do a reboot and it then works again, but it only works for a while.

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Now when I go to move an icon around (click and hold) I move it to another spot on the screen, it doesn't show green for "drop here" and when I let go, it disappears....is there some sort of hard reset cause I know it helps when I reboot my cell, but only for a while.

Last edited:

ALorenzo91

Reaction score
DX update/ Battery Bug

There's something wrong with my battery indicator. It drained to 30 percent and showed the yellow battery. I turned my phone off to reboot since I installed a couple of new apps. Now it's at 70 percent again?

Is this a known bug?

Yeah I've had the same problem its just a bug. I actually think Verizon just came out with an update to fix that and a couple more problems. You can get it at Verizonwireless.com/droidxsupport

MajorChachi

Reaction score
I just switched to launher pro. That should fix my problem. LP looks really good so far. Lovin it. Now to wait for the update

rmartin62

Reaction score
I love this phone, but I am having issues with latitude and my GPS being off. Anyone else seeing this and if yes, what did you do? All of my settings are correct and it still puts me 2-3 blocks SW of my actual location.

MajorChachi

Reaction score
I love this phone, but I am having issues with latitude and my GPS being off. Anyone else seeing this and if yes, what did you do? All of my settings are correct and it still puts me 2-3 blocks SW of my actual location.

Yeah that is the nearest cell tower. I have the same problem whhlile looking at a map of my location. I have gps my location and gps enhanced all turned on and i still get the nearest cell tower. Although navigation works great. It folows me well while driving.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just traded in the BB Storm for the Droid X. Phone seems great at first, but there are some annoying issues that I can't believe were not programmed correctly. I have been reading forums all over, but can't seem to find any answers. Here are the issues so far:

When I set up Facebook, all of my inbox messages on Facebook show up in my "contacts." Anybody else having this problem? Any fixes other than deleting Facebook?

Second, can somebody explain why the phone doesn't rotate to landscape when in the home menu? This seems pretty stupid. On that same note, why would they program the phone to only rotate to landscape when you turn it counter clockwise?

I am a little worried that after owning the phone for half a day, I am already having these issues. Should I take this thing back and switch back to a Blackberry or an iPhone?

IMHO, BB doesn't hold a candle to ANY Droid phone! give it a couple weeks. after that, i think you'll laugh at the thought of ever going back to a BB. my wife had a BB, and i got her the D Inc for mother's day. she complained for a couple weeks, but now she LOVES the Inc!! at my work, we have a BB server, and just about everyone had BB's. But after i got my D1 7 months ago, i have been the envy of the office. 4 people have now switched their BB for Droid, and they are talking about getting rid of the BB server altogether!

Android is so different, but once you see the capabilities, and how wide open the platform is, you'll be hooked.

As for your homescreen issue, no Droid phone homescreen switches to landscape with the stock UI. but, if you load Launcher Pro, it does.

neddo

Reaction score
My Droid X will not ring upon incoming calls, it resorts to vibrating everytime. My ringtone used to work and play loud, but now all it does is resort to a default vibration.

I have uninstalled all apps, rebooted in safe mode. I've done a factory reset after spending an hour on the phone with 2 VZW reps, and this problem has returned.

Sound and Display information:

Silent Mode: Box is Grayed out (off)
Ringer Volume: Slider is all the way to the right (see NOTE*)
Phone Ringtone is set to the default Droid X ringtone (which worked initially after turning my phone on the first time)
Phone Vibrate box is Grayed out (off)
Both Smart Sensor Settings at the bottom are grayed out (off)

NOTE* When going into Sound and Display Settings and moving the Ringer Volume slidebar, the ringtone plays LOUD and as it should. Also noted is that I'm not an idiot, the sound is turned all the way up with the volume rocker on the side.

Another note is that incoming text messages work as they should, with the ringtone going off (DRRROOOOOIIIDDD).

List of previously installed Apps:
Dolphin HD Browser
Kindle for Android
Scorecenter
Braves News
Pandora
Tapatalk
Adobe PDF Viewer
Google Earth
Google Stars (point at sky to see constellations, can't remember exact name)
The Weather Channel
Facebook for Android
Barcode Scanner
Engadget

If any other information is needed, just ask (through a PM preferentially). Thanks.