OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cereal killer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Bhowell

Bhowell New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine did the same thing last night. It was down to 10% percent and I took the battery off and it went back up to 70%. I hope they fix all of these issues.

2. Bhowell

Bhowell New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have already had my Droid X completely freeze and I had to take the battery off. It is a touch screen so its gonna happen. They are back ordered until 7/23, good luck getting a replacement.

3. hacku

hacku Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Found yet another bug:

The DX seems to have a hard time scanning QR code that's being displayed on a computer monitor. I tried with both Barcode Scanner and ShopSavvy and wasn't able to recognize a number of QR codes I put up on the screen.

Printed out one of the QR codes and it scans them almost immediately using either one of the apps.

I'm wondering if I should start posting all these little problems on the Motorola Forum where they make take notice and decide to do something about it.

4. hacku

hacku Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Well, after some more testing looks like it might be a screen problem. Seems the problem only happens on a certain part of the screen towards the lower part. I'm going to probably take it in and see what they say.

5. knemchak

knemchak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid X in call mic volume low.

4th day with the new Droid X.

I've had no problems until today.

When placing or receiving calls, the other person can just barely hear me.
    I have to talk directly into the mic and use a loud voice...and then they can't understand most of what I'm saying.

I switch to speaker mode and they have no problems hearing me.

I switch back and they can no longer hear me without talking loudly.

This just started happening today. Up until today, I've had no complaints about being able to hear me.

6. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys... you're holding the phone wrong. Hold it with the other hand... ;-P j/k of course.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

7. Arcstriker

Arcstriker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reception

Another thing that works great is the Verizon Network Extender BUT for it to work you would need high speed internet at your house. It then uses your internet connection (like Vonage) to make calls, but it is still wireless threw out your house and can support a few phones too. My brother has this at his house because there is next to no service there and he gets 4 bars as soon as he pulls in the drive way. Other than that. I'm shocked as hell that a Razr would have better reception than a Droid X. My Razr couldn't catch a signal if I was sitting on the tower it self.

8. the5rivers

the5rivers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just activated the phone today. Used it for about 20 mins before I started seeing some slight flickering. Then after the flickering, the lower half of the screen began to flicker nonstop but the top half was stable. Sometimes it would stop, but would leave a dotted line that was located half way on the screen.

just did a factory reset to see if that helps, but i will more than likely take the phone in and god knows when i will get a new one since they are sold out everywhere!

9. CSmith_AndroidD

Ratings:
    +0
    I havent noticed anything like that... but theres guaranteed to be a phone or two in a batch of 1000 thats bad

10. wakebrdr066

wakebrdr066 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Screen Fade

So I got my DX on the 15 and as soon as i got it I noticed that the screen would start to fade into vertical black/grey lines and eventually darken out the whole screen making the phone useless. I brought the phone back to the store on 17 and showed them the issue. They called Verizon and am now over nighting me a new one since they have the "no worry warranty". So that is nice. We tried reseting my phone and everything nothin fixed it. This is not a constant thing either. Sometimes it will work for a couple hrs and sometimes it wont do a thing.

Anybody else have this sort of issue? Maybe I just was the unlucky one. HA

11. the5rivers

the5rivers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I reset my phone. no flickering as of yet. the dotted line did come back while i was browsing, but then i just turned the screen on and off, and it went away.

im thinking regardless, i should probably exchange my phone. just waiting to see if the flickering comes back now.

12. doctord_FL

doctord_FL New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My first problem was found today...
    We took our 5yr old to see Toy Story 3 at the theater. After the movie, in the lobby, was a photo op where I was going to take a pic of her in front of a Dispicable Me display. When I went to turn on the camera, It went into camera mode then back to the home screen with a camera being on for only 1 sec. I did this over and over while trying to read the error on the screen...

Error was something like this....
    Unable to start camera due to error

I did notice up in the left corner a message that said... Unknown Location

this was probably due to being in the theater with only 1 bar of signal

After leaving and returning home 30mins later... Same problem
    after another 30 mins.... Camera worked normally

I think the problem is related to the phone not knowing its location. I had noticed yesterday while shooting a video, it said Jacksonville FL in the upper left corner

#72 doctord_FL, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
Search tags for this page
1-800-483-7356
cali831
droid bionic error keeps popping up
droid x 2 troubleshooting
droid x troubleshoot

droid x troubleshooting

motorola droid x 2 troubleshoot
trouble shoot droid x
troubleshoot verizon panache phone screen fades out