OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

scottiegal

Reaction score
Can't get optonline account to work

I can't seem to get my optonline account working on my droid x. I spent a long time on the phone with verizon but they couldn't help. The tech guy there was stumped and said I should talk to optimum. They were closed so I guess I will try tomorrow.
Anyone have success with this yet? Any suggestions?

Cali831

Reaction score
when i connect my DX to the comp it doesnt recognize the SD.

also this might be a dumb question but how to i open it frm the back to

take out the SD card ?

zamslam

Reaction score
There's something wrong with my battery indicator. It drained to 30 percent and showed the yellow battery. I turned my phone off to reboot since I installed a couple of new apps. Now it's at 70 percent again?

Is this a known bug?

Each time I reboot with low battery I somehow end up with plenty of free battery

Last edited:

tomah

Reaction score

take out the SD card ?

u have to slide the panel off the back.

Zracer83

Reaction score
"Contacts" Issue

Just traded in the BB Storm for the Droid X. Phone seems great at first, but there are some annoying issues that I can't believe were not programmed correctly. I have been reading forums all over, but can't seem to find any answers. Here are the issues so far:

When I set up Facebook, all of my inbox messages on Facebook show up in my "contacts." Anybody else having this problem? Any fixes other than deleting Facebook?

Second, can somebody explain why the phone doesn't rotate to landscape when in the home menu? This seems pretty stupid. On that same note, why would they program the phone to only rotate to landscape when you turn it counter clockwise?

I am a little worried that after owning the phone for half a day, I am already having these issues. Should I take this thing back and switch back to a Blackberry or an iPhone?

dabeechman

Reaction score

take out the SD card ?

Connect the phone to your pc. Then slide down the slidebar at the top and change the USB connection method.

tonymoreno23

Reaction score
South Florida, and Central Kansas (seasonal)
I've owned the phone since release date, and it is stunningly aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and i wish i could say " i couldn't be happier" but in actuality i could be.
My list of issues...

1) External Speaker volume ( ringtones, music, notifications, GPS Directions )
* The sound is very faint even at maximum volume
** the in-call volume is great, and when connected to 3.5mm jack
the sound is clear, and crisp.

2) Facebook integration without options
* Using the original motorola droid i was able to choose in which way my Facebook friends synchronized with my Contacts. With Motorola's new integration efforts, i'm unable to choose the option to only synch with 'existing' contacts, leaving my contacts filled with old friends i have no intentions on calling- Ever.

3) Android Stock News Widget (R.I.P)
* I do like the ability of having a specified news source available as a Motorola News widget,
**HOWEVER even more so, i miss having the Android News Widget that allowed it's reader to filter particular articles from Google News by Topic.
Example ( DROIDFORUMS) returned only articles pertaining to source.

4) 8MP Camera means better picture or?( i'm just crazy)!!
*Despite the hefty name of sporting an 8MP camera with dual flash, i find the actual picture quality to be less than that of it's predecessor.
Example ( i swapped sd cards from my original MotoDroid, and after reviewing the 'Camera Roll' on my Droid X - i noticed the pictures taken prior to my switching phones turned out mysteriously crisper with better color.

5) i've noticed some transitional lag, and some minor freeze issues, not that lasted over a split second, but long enough for me to say " texas instruments" once!

BCK

Reaction score
There's something wrong with my battery indicator. It drained to 30 percent and showed the yellow battery. I turned my phone off to reboot since I installed a couple of new apps. Now it's at 70 percent again?

Is this a known bug?

Each time I reboot with low battery I somehow end up with plenty of free battery

known SW bug reporting by other forum. This will be fix in the upcoming 13.604 SW update.

hacku

Reaction score

* Using the original motorola droid i was able to choose in which way my Facebook friends synchronized with my Contacts. With Motorola's new integration efforts, i'm unable to choose the option to only synch with 'existing' contacts, leaving my contacts filled with old friends i have no intentions on calling- Ever.

1) I also noticed that the external speaker isn't as loud as the original Droid. A little disappointing being that this is supposed to be newer and better. Hopefully there will be a fix for this.

2) I know that even the Facebook app doesn't give you the sync option anymore. The only way I've been able to work around this is to do the following.

Contacts > Menu Button > Display Group > Google

This way it will only display the contacts on your Google account, but it will still pull the pictures from Facebook for those contacts.

Hope that helps.

Bonzo202

Reaction score
Transferring music from Mac to Droid X

Is there anyone having problems with transferring music from their MacBook to their Droid X? Whenever I connect both phone & computer, my Mac doesn't recognize the the phone as it typically would. It doesn't show up anywhere (desktop, finder, etc.). As a result, I can't proceed to the next step in sharing music to the device. Does anyone have any suggestions?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Choosing the google option sure makes it much easier to go through contacts. thanks for posting that suggestion!

darreno1

Reaction score

Yes the speaker volume is lower, but I wouldn't call it very faint. I have no issues with it but since many seem to be complaining, they may release an update to increase the limit.

It is a known issue and it is said that using the official Android app instead gives you the option to choose which contacts to sync. I haven't used it myself so I can't say for sure how well that works.

3) Android Stock News Widget (R.I.P)
* I do like the ability of having a specified news source available as a Motorola News widget,
**HOWEVER even more so, i miss having the Android News Widget that allowed it's reader to filter particular articles from Google News by Topic.
Example ( DROIDFORUMS) returned only articles pertaining to source.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here but can't you just delete the Motorola widget and use the one you prefer?

4) 8MP Camera means better picture or?( i'm just crazy)!!
*Despite the hefty name of sporting an 8MP camera with dual flash, i find the actual picture quality to be less than that of it's predecessor.
Example ( i swapped sd cards from my original MotoDroid, and after reviewing the 'Camera Roll' on my Droid X - i noticed the pictures taken prior to my switching phones turned out mysteriously crisper with better color.

Here I have to totally disagree. The X's camera puts the Droid's to shame. Have a look at this thread:

x pics vs inc pics - Android Forums

This seems to be overlooked by many, but ALWAYS clean the lens before taking a pic, it can make all the difference.

5) i've noticed some transitional lag, and some minor freeze issues, not that lasted over a split second, but long enough for me to say " texas instruments" once!

No phone is going to be perfect. Some occasional anomalies should be expected once in a while. If it's freezing constantly then that's another story.
They are issuing a fix that takes care of a lot of minor issues. Should be available soon.

hacku

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that while using the multi-touch keyboard, it no longer auto-corrects capitalization and punctuation?

For example:

I (only capitalized if it's at the beginning of the sentence)
I'll (used to be able to type il and it would auto correct)
I'm (used to be able to type im and it would auto correct)

I know these are minor things but non the less things that worked before and don't anymore. :(

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that while using the multi-touch keyboard, it no longer auto-corrects capitalization and punctuation?

For example:

I (only capitalized if it's at the beginning of the sentence)
I'll (used to be able to type il and it would auto correct)
I'm (used to be able to type im and it would auto correct)

I know these are minor things but non the less things that worked before and don't anymore. :(

yep, I was just commenting on this while texting to my friend. I do miss the autocap for the I, some of the predictive text is not putting correct words, but I understand that's just a time consuming thing of adding the words it should be when I type them so that it knows those words. hopefully there can be a fix issued for the autocap, its minor, but it is annoying that it doesn't do it like other phones do. I guess though, if that is my only major issue with the phone, I am still on the upside lol ;-)

hacku

Reaction score
I even tried putting those words into the user dictionary but it doesn't help.

Another thing about that is that on my Droid I have my kids names in the user dictionary because they're spelled differently. On the Droid I didn't have to capitalize their name while typing it since it was already capitalized in the user dictionary so it would automatically do it. The DX will accept the word as being correctly spelled since it's in the user dictionary, but it will not capitalize it like it should.