OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cereal killer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hacku

hacku Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, I'm not familiar with the LG Dare, but this is normal operation. Works just like a regular digital camera.

2. johndubya

johndubya New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot connect to the internet when using WiFi via a D-Link DGL-4500 wireless router (802.11n, 1.22NA firmware), which is in mixed g/n mode and WPA2. The DX browser just keeps saying "Web page not available."

In the DX, it shows the Connected icon, and when I look at the status of the w/l connection, it says I have an IP address of 192.168.0.189. When I go to the router, it shows that the .189 IP address is associated with my DX's MAC address and shows that it connects in the log. But when I try to ping from the router to the DX, it says it is unreachable. Actually, every 10-15 pings or so, it will occasionally say that it received a reply, but then it goes back to failing.

The weird thing is, I can connect to our neighbor's unsecured 802.11g network, and the internet works fine in the DX browser.

Is this the fault of the router or the WiFi on the DX?

3. HeroNova

HeroNova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's being addressed in the update that Verizon is sending within the next few days.

I have the facebook pulling contacts in thing also, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

I used the camcorder a bit last night and I noticed that it completely destroyed my battery after about ten minutes of use. But I guess that's expected, not really a bug.

Other than that, no other complaints so far.

4. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Straight to LauncherPro for me. Apps are in order. Add extra rows in portrait and landscape. Works great and fast. Remove widgets before installing.

5. mstumpf123

mstumpf123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Email client not launching urls

I am using the built in email client, not the gmail one. it seems to work fine except on standard emails it does not allow me launch a url (or it doesn't recognize the url). any thoughts?

6. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    Wifi vs 3G

I've had issues with the 3G and Wifi fighting each other. I'll have my wifi bars up, it says connected but the 3G is still showing. I run speedtest.net and it will use 3G sometimes and Wifi at other times. Can be quite annoying. I know my wifi is working because I can connect to my file server, but the web and speedtest uses 3G. I found that if I turn on Data Roaming the 3G disappears and wifi takes over. I doubt I'll ever incur data roaming charges, but it may be a bug.

7. amgine27

amgine27 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    indicator light

anyonw know how to turn off the indicator light on the droid x

8. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Tonight while sitting at dinner with my DX in my pocket, screen locked, and nothing touching it but my jeans, it started to vibrate like I had a call coming in. I pulled it out of my pocket, it stopped vibrating, I had a blank screen (homescreen had apps on it and was already customized) and the blue indicator light was on. I was finally able to get to my recent calls - no missed calls, checked text messages, no messages, no emails, no voice mails, NOTHING new that would have caused it to start vibrating like a call coming in. I ended up having to reboot it to get the blue indicator light off. Any ideas anyone? At the time, I was using Launcher Pro Beta for the customization of the homescreen, could that have caused it to start vibrating? The sound was on, so it should have vibrated AND played the ringtone if there was truly a call coming in, but it just vibrated. Any help greatly appreciated. I uninstalled LP to see if it was that, since it hadnt done this until within an hour of downloading LP... figured I would start there and see if it corrected it or if it does it again. Thanks for the help in advance!

Deanna

9. hacku

hacku Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Looks like the apps not being in alphabetical order is easily fixed by doing a quick reboot.

A new bug I'm encountering now is that the phone won't go to "sleep". If I don't lock the screen it stays on, and no, I don't have it charging.

10. scottiegal

scottiegal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't get optonline account to work

I can't seem to get my optonline account working on my droid x. I spent a long time on the phone with verizon but they couldn't help. The tech guy there was stumped and said I should talk to optimum. They were closed so I guess I will try tomorrow.
    Anyone have success with this yet? Any suggestions?

11. Cali831

Cali831 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i connect my DX to the comp it doesnt recognize the SD.

also this might be a dumb question but how to i open it frm the back to

take out the SD card ?

12. zamslam

zamslam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Each time I reboot with low battery I somehow end up with plenty of free battery

#48 zamslam, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
Search tags for this page
1-800-483-7356
cali831
droid bionic error keeps popping up
droid x 2 troubleshooting
droid x troubleshoot

droid x troubleshooting

motorola droid x 2 troubleshoot
trouble shoot droid x
troubleshoot verizon panache phone screen fades out