1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cereal killer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Please use this thread to report and discuss any issues and/or problems with the Motorola Droid X....
  2. selluminis

selluminis New Member

Anyone having video playback issues with the X? All of my old videos (including the one filmed on my old Moto Droid) are really choppy and the audio is out of sync. At first I was thinking it had somthing to do with HD but I do not think so. That just makes the old ones look really bad as is expected. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. WorldOfJohnboy

WorldOfJohnboy New Member

All my old videos (approximately 6) played perfectly on my DX... keep in mind that the videos I had were recorded with a Blackberry Bold (AT&T) and a Blackberry Storm2 (Vzw). I was very shocked to see them play on the phone. I also hooked it up to my TV via the HDMI cable and suffered no video or audio issues... aside from the fact that the BB video cameras were not HD!
  4. Mule65

Mule65 New Member

Yahoo mail

Has anyone got Yahoo mail working on the X? Not me.

EDIT: Got er working with the right password, duh.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. PhDCow

PhDCow New Member

There's something wrong with my battery indicator. It drained to 30 percent and showed the yellow battery. I turned my phone off to reboot since I installed a couple of new apps. Now it's at 70 percent again?

Is this a known bug?
  6. disgustipated

disgustipated New Member

I have zero reception on this joke of a phone. I can't believe I'm saying I want my Storm 1 back. My house has bad reception to begin with (I live 15 miles out of NYC go figure), but my storm 1 and even my fathers 5+ year old razor work like a charm compared to this overpriced brick. What gives?

I called Verizon they tried every work around they could think of, and nothing. I had to drive 5 miles away just to get any reception whatsoever. Do I escalate it now to the point to ask them to check the antennas in the area?
  7. DroidPDX

DroidPDX New Member

Unlike the Droid, the albums in Picasa no longer show up in the Gallery.
  8. ninjabox

ninjabox New Member

Yup mine works. Thats the main email adress I use. I only have a google one for android.
  9. Nytewolfe

Nytewolfe New Member

The bottom of my screen is jumping and showing images from the top. Anyone else have this issue? I have tried a hard reset but no luck. It worked fine for about 4 hours then it just started acting up. There is a line across the bottom of the screen which is where the problem starts.

Any ideas? I might just have to take it into a store tomorrow but they probably won't have a replacement. Ugh.
  10. Mule65

Mule65 New Member

I've had two frozen screens while Swyping and have gone back to the standard keyboard.
  11. lschmitt

lschmitt New Member

While you guys talk about software I have to take my Droid X back already due to hardware. They sent me a broke as phone!! When I make calls, all I hear every time someone talks is a blown tweeter type annoying ass sound. The wifi doesn't work either!! I have to wait till they get more then I get to turn it in for a new one at the local store. I'm not to mad but it still sucks. The only cure will be if someone finds out how to root the X around the so called "eFuse" we're hearing so much about. If it doesn't get root in the next 30 days, I'm taking mine back for sure. So much for waiting up and ordering at midnight hey?
  12. kingrichards

kingrichards New Member

Hope you get it rectified man. Im still trying to see if my battery is defective lol....since the charge on usb taking for ever? Anyone experience this?
  13. BCK

BCK New Member

Depends on your PC or router, the USB charging will varies. I was told some routers only do 100mA charge max and that will take 8x longer compare to charger. Any reason you cannot use the In Box Charger?
  14. kingrichards

kingrichards New Member

I spend more time in the car and comp than my bed room where i have the wall charger there
  15. disgustipated

disgustipated New Member

Hasn't the eFuse myth been debunked? It was stated it has the bootloader as the original Moto Droid. Its just a tough cookie to crack and won't necessarily brick your phone. It's firmware based, so apparently as long as they can mimic it in booting up, it'll be fine.
  16. justreboot

justreboot New Member

This is what I did:
    Look on XDA Forums for the 3D gallery (2.1) and install it.
    Add your Picasa account.
    Reboot your phone.
    Use the 3D gallery app.
    Enjoy!
  17. Jcshannon05

Jcshannon05 New Member

Mine did the same thing. I then charged it with the home charger and so far has fixed the issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  18. darko47

darko47 New Member

Droid X wifi issue?

Anyone have issues staying connected to wifi? I just switched from a Droid and I have 5 other smart phones in my home that connect to wifi all of the time. The Droid X will connect fine but will then stop sending and receiving data....It still THINKS it has a connection but it doesn't. "forgetting" the wifi settings and reconnecting are the only things that seem to work.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
  19. him

him New Member

Camera quality is my big problem. I have yet to snap one of the pics that were snapped by the reviewers.
  20. 0402sgrl

0402sgrl New Member

2 things.

1. When I go from browser to home screen, the wallpaper shows up but none of the buttons. It's frozen for 10 seconds or more before it loads the home screen.

2. It won't read the SD card. I've taken the card out and re seated it but no luck. I hope it's just a bad card.
Search tags for this page
1-800-483-7356
cali831
droid bionic error keeps popping up
droid dna audio issues after pimp my rom
droid x 2 troubleshooting
droid x memory dump
droid x troubleshoot

droid x troubleshooting

droid z troubleshooting
motorola droid x 2 troubleshoot
my smartphone has 60203 on upper left screen