OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Please use this thread to report and discuss any issues and/or problems with the Motorola Droid X....

selluminis

Reaction score
Anyone having video playback issues with the X? All of my old videos (including the one filmed on my old Moto Droid) are really choppy and the audio is out of sync. At first I was thinking it had somthing to do with HD but I do not think so. That just makes the old ones look really bad as is expected. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Anyone having video playback issues with the X? All of my old videos (including the one filmed on my old Moto Droid) are really choppy and the audio is out of sync. At first I was thinking it had somthing to do with HD but I do not think so. That just makes the old ones look really bad as is expected. Any help would be appreciated.

All my old videos (approximately 6) played perfectly on my DX... keep in mind that the videos I had were recorded with a Blackberry Bold (AT&T) and a Blackberry Storm2 (Vzw). I was very shocked to see them play on the phone. I also hooked it up to my TV via the HDMI cable and suffered no video or audio issues... aside from the fact that the BB video cameras were not HD!

Mule65

Reaction score
Yahoo mail

Has anyone got Yahoo mail working on the X? Not me.

EDIT: Got er working with the right password, duh.

Last edited:

PhDCow

Reaction score
There's something wrong with my battery indicator. It drained to 30 percent and showed the yellow battery. I turned my phone off to reboot since I installed a couple of new apps. Now it's at 70 percent again?

Is this a known bug?

disgustipated

Reaction score
I have zero reception on this joke of a phone. I can't believe I'm saying I want my Storm 1 back. My house has bad reception to begin with (I live 15 miles out of NYC go figure), but my storm 1 and even my fathers 5+ year old razor work like a charm compared to this overpriced brick. What gives?

I called Verizon they tried every work around they could think of, and nothing. I had to drive 5 miles away just to get any reception whatsoever. Do I escalate it now to the point to ask them to check the antennas in the area?

Nytewolfe

Reaction score
The bottom of my screen is jumping and showing images from the top. Anyone else have this issue? I have tried a hard reset but no luck. It worked fine for about 4 hours then it just started acting up. There is a line across the bottom of the screen which is where the problem starts.

Any ideas? I might just have to take it into a store tomorrow but they probably won't have a replacement. Ugh.

Mule65

Reaction score
I've had two frozen screens while Swyping and have gone back to the standard keyboard.

lschmitt

Reaction score
While you guys talk about software I have to take my Droid X back already due to hardware. They sent me a broke as phone!! When I make calls, all I hear every time someone talks is a blown tweeter type annoying ass sound. The wifi doesn't work either!! I have to wait till they get more then I get to turn it in for a new one at the local store. I'm not to mad but it still sucks. The only cure will be if someone finds out how to root the X around the so called "eFuse" we're hearing so much about. If it doesn't get root in the next 30 days, I'm taking mine back for sure. So much for waiting up and ordering at midnight hey?

kingrichards

Reaction score
While you guys talk about software I have to take my Droid X back already due to hardware. They sent me a broke as phone!! When I make calls, all I hear every time someone talks is a blown tweeter type annoying ass sound. The wifi doesn't work either!! I have to wait till they get more then I get to turn it in for a new one at the local store. I'm not to mad but it still sucks. The only cure will be if someone finds out how to root the X around the so called "eFuse" we're hearing so much about. If it doesn't get root in the next 30 days, I'm taking mine back for sure. So much for waiting up and ordering at midnight hey?

Hope you get it rectified man. Im still trying to see if my battery is defective lol....since the charge on usb taking for ever? Anyone experience this?

BCK

Reaction score

Hope you get it rectified man. Im still trying to see if my battery is defective lol....since the charge on usb taking for ever? Anyone experience this?

Depends on your PC or router, the USB charging will varies. I was told some routers only do 100mA charge max and that will take 8x longer compare to charger. Any reason you cannot use the In Box Charger?

kingrichards

Reaction score
I spend more time in the car and comp than my bed room where i have the wall charger there

disgustipated

Reaction score

Hasn't the eFuse myth been debunked? It was stated it has the bootloader as the original Moto Droid. Its just a tough cookie to crack and won't necessarily brick your phone. It's firmware based, so apparently as long as they can mimic it in booting up, it'll be fine.