OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

dabeechman

Reaction score
Three main issues that I have with it so far.

Crashes...a LOT. It crashed on me 8 times last night, and happened mainly when text messaging with Swype.

Camera won't auto focus and take the picture. I have to hold the camera button down. Wait for the audible that it is ready, then depress the button completely for it to take a picture.

Then the whole sync'ing the entire facebook community to my phone. I have friends specifically for certain facebook games/apps, but that doesn't mean I want them in my contacts. I wouldn't mind it as much if we were able to delete them, but making them permanent contacts is just ridiculous.

Androidee

Reaction score
Droid X wifi issue?

Anyone have issues staying connected to wifi? I just switched from a Droid and I have 5 other smart phones in my home that connect to wifi all of the time. The Droid X will connect fine but will then stop sending and receiving data....It still THINKS it has a connection but it doesn't. "forgetting" the wifi settings and reconnecting are the only things that seem to work.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Same problem here. Also seem to have exchange issues, I'm thinking they may be related

Yep, the 1st Droid had severe WiFi issues and now the 2nd generation continues the tradition... Very disappointing!

hacku

Reaction score
Camera won't auto focus and take the picture. I have to hold the camera button down. Wait for the audible that it is ready, then depress the button completely for it to take a picture.

Ummm... that's how the camera is intended to work. Press shutter button halfway down to auto focus, then all the way down to snap the picture...lol

Works just like 99% of digital cameras out on the market... ;)

tomah

Reaction score
Three main issues that I have with it so far.

Crashes...a LOT. It crashed on me 8 times last night, and happened mainly when text messaging with Swype.

Then the whole sync'ing the entire facebook community to my phone. I have friends specifically for certain facebook games/apps, but that doesn't mean I want them in my contacts. I wouldn't mind it as much if we were able to delete them, but making them permanent contacts is just ridiculous.

theres a thread about the facebook issue. if you delete your facebook account from the social networking account manager, it will remove the names from your contacts list. just use the facebook app that you can DL from the marketplace

hacku

Reaction score
I just noticed another bug. I downloaded and installed a couple of apps from the Marketplace, and when I open my app drawer they're at the bottom of the list instead of having them listed in alphabetical order.

Hmmm...

dabeechman

Reaction score

Ummm... that's how the camera is intended to work. Press shutter button halfway down to auto focus, then all the way down to snap the picture...lol

I am coming from an LG Dare, and that isn't how it operated. But if that is normal for the Droid, then thanks for the info.

hacku

Reaction score

I am coming from an LG Dare, and that isn't how it operated. But if that is normal for the Droid, then thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the LG Dare, but this is normal operation. Works just like a regular digital camera.

johndubya

Reaction score
I cannot connect to the internet when using WiFi via a D-Link DGL-4500 wireless router (802.11n, 1.22NA firmware), which is in mixed g/n mode and WPA2. The DX browser just keeps saying "Web page not available."

In the DX, it shows the Connected icon, and when I look at the status of the w/l connection, it says I have an IP address of 192.168.0.189. When I go to the router, it shows that the .189 IP address is associated with my DX's MAC address and shows that it connects in the log. But when I try to ping from the router to the DX, it says it is unreachable. Actually, every 10-15 pings or so, it will occasionally say that it received a reply, but then it goes back to failing.

The weird thing is, I can connect to our neighbor's unsecured 802.11g network, and the internet works fine in the DX browser.

Is this the fault of the router or the WiFi on the DX?

HeroNova

Reaction score
I just noticed another bug. I downloaded and installed a couple of apps from the Marketplace, and when I open my app drawer they're at the bottom of the list instead of having them listed in alphabetical order.

Hmmm...

I think that's being addressed in the update that Verizon is sending within the next few days.

I have the facebook pulling contacts in thing also, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

I used the camcorder a bit last night and I noticed that it completely destroyed my battery after about ten minutes of use. But I guess that's expected, not really a bug.

Other than that, no other complaints so far.

Mule65

Reaction score

Hmmm...

Straight to LauncherPro for me. Apps are in order. Add extra rows in portrait and landscape. Works great and fast. Remove widgets before installing.

mstumpf123

Reaction score
Email client not launching urls

I am using the built in email client, not the gmail one. it seems to work fine except on standard emails it does not allow me launch a url (or it doesn't recognize the url). any thoughts?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wifi vs 3G

I've had issues with the 3G and Wifi fighting each other. I'll have my wifi bars up, it says connected but the 3G is still showing. I run speedtest.net and it will use 3G sometimes and Wifi at other times. Can be quite annoying. I know my wifi is working because I can connect to my file server, but the web and speedtest uses 3G. I found that if I turn on Data Roaming the 3G disappears and wifi takes over. I doubt I'll ever incur data roaming charges, but it may be a bug.

amgine27

Reaction score
indicator light

anyonw know how to turn off the indicator light on the droid x

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Tonight while sitting at dinner with my DX in my pocket, screen locked, and nothing touching it but my jeans, it started to vibrate like I had a call coming in. I pulled it out of my pocket, it stopped vibrating, I had a blank screen (homescreen had apps on it and was already customized) and the blue indicator light was on. I was finally able to get to my recent calls - no missed calls, checked text messages, no messages, no emails, no voice mails, NOTHING new that would have caused it to start vibrating like a call coming in. I ended up having to reboot it to get the blue indicator light off. Any ideas anyone? At the time, I was using Launcher Pro Beta for the customization of the homescreen, could that have caused it to start vibrating? The sound was on, so it should have vibrated AND played the ringtone if there was truly a call coming in, but it just vibrated. Any help greatly appreciated. I uninstalled LP to see if it was that, since it hadnt done this until within an hour of downloading LP... figured I would start there and see if it corrected it or if it does it again. Thanks for the help in advance!

Deanna

hacku

Reaction score
Looks like the apps not being in alphabetical order is easily fixed by doing a quick reboot.

A new bug I'm encountering now is that the phone won't go to "sleep". If I don't lock the screen it stays on, and no, I don't have it charging.