OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

Alhadee

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Droid running slow. I actually tested against my Incredible, which was faster. Can anyone help?

awriternot

Reaction score
I posted one of these questions in the support section before I saw this thread (which is great BTW).

1. I just got my X today and notice that when I'm talking on the phone, there is a weird buzz-ish sound when the person is speaking (not speaker phone). I'm not sure what's causing it but it's uber annoying.

2. I just rolled over from a blackberry and am used to the spell check feature on all of my apps (FB, Ubertwitter, etc). Is this feature missing from the X? I see the auto filler words but is there any way to spell check before I post?

Alhadee

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the spell check issues, I went from a Storm 2/Tour to the Incredible and I really enjoy how quick and responsive the Incredible is. I've also had a chance to use the Evo and it is better right now also. I just rebooted my phone after it said 30% battery, now it's reading 50%.

Interpol

Reaction score
Well, it looks like upgrading to .604 fixed my WiFi connectivity problems. I reset my router's encryption to WPA2/AES and haven't had any data lockups or timeouts yet.

cleemich

Reaction score
Bluetooth issue

Got my Droid X on Friday... my first smartphone so it's a bit overwhelming to say the least! The issue I'm having with it is that I can't get my Motorola H505 bluetooth to work. I sync'd it up OK, but when I push the button on the bluetooth to make a call, the sound comes out of the phone and not the bluetooth. I've played around with it a bit but haven't been able to figure out how to make the sound come through the earpiece. Anyone have a fix for me?

VerizonUser

Reaction score
I have zero reception on this joke of a phone. I can't believe I'm saying I want my Storm 1 back. My house has bad reception to begin with (I live 15 miles out of NYC go figure), but my storm 1 and even my fathers 5+ year old razor work like a charm compared to this overpriced brick. What gives?

I called Verizon they tried every work around they could think of, and nothing. I had to drive 5 miles away just to get any reception whatsoever. Do I escalate it now to the point to ask them to check the antennas in the area?

It may just be the service at your house, i say do what i had to do and buy the verizon network extender Click here to learn more

awriternot

Reaction score
yeah the no spell check thing is driving me insane. I'm going to look around and see if there is some kind of app or something for it.

johndubya

Reaction score

Trezore

Reaction score
While you guys talk about software I have to take my Droid X back already due to hardware. They sent me a broke as phone!! When I make calls, all I hear every time someone talks is a blown tweeter type annoying ass sound. The wifi doesn't work either!! I have to wait till they get more then I get to turn it in for a new one at the local store. I'm not to mad but it still sucks. The only cure will be if someone finds out how to root the X around the so called "eFuse" we're hearing so much about. If it doesn't get root in the next 30 days, I'm taking mine back for sure. So much for waiting up and ordering at midnight hey?

Hope you get it rectified man. Im still trying to see if my battery is defective lol....since the charge on usb taking for ever? Anyone experience this?

Depends on your PC or router, the USB charging will varies. I was told some routers only do 100mA charge max and that will take 8x longer compare to charger. Any reason you cannot use the In Box Charger?

I got mine on 15th. Been charging fine before. Then Monday morning I unpluged it and didn't plug it back in for a charging until Tuesday morning. Found cell dead. After calling support. They had me remove battery and plug it back in. Display showed 70% charge, then a few seconds later showed 50% charge. After I hung up upon agreeing to let it sit and charge, it continued to drop all the way down to 5%. Called support again, they had me remove battery again... after plugging back in, the charge showed 50%, then dropped to 20 then 5%... now the batter is totally dead!!! even with USB plugged into previously reliable USB port on desktop. where is that so called standby time? I hardly have anything new running either... I have the facebook and emails... could it be the several email addresses I set up that drains? I also have the Accuweather on. Now I am going through withdrawls... you could have two cells with same number!!! That way you have a BACKUP for when one cell DIES!!!

Anyone else encounter a dead battery yet?

brosselle

Reaction score
Had an issue (once) where I could barely hear ringtones, music, etc, even with the volume at max. Shut it off and took the battery out. Works fine since.

Unrelated, today I upgraded to system version 1.13.604.

grimjay

Reaction score
I have very bad flickering issue. check battery and even reset factory mode and still doing it. how can I solve this problem? Not only flickering but 60-70% screen become like black and white tv with bad signal. Btw I put screen protector also.

brosselle

Reaction score
I have very bad flickering issue. check battery and even reset factory mode and still doing it. how can I solve this problem? Not only flickering but 60-70% screen become like black and white tv with bad signal.

Return it. Sounds like a hardware issue to me (sorry).

the5rivers

Reaction score
I have very bad flickering issue. check battery and even reset factory mode and still doing it. how can I solve this problem? Not only flickering but 60-70% screen become like black and white tv with bad signal. Btw I put screen protector also.

The screen flickering issue is becoming well-known, and I also have this issue, albeit not as bad as others but enough to warrant a replacement. Check out the following via engadget, which has videos/picture as well as links to other threads (including one describing my issue):

Some Droid X handsets have defective screens? (video) -- Engadget