OFFICIAL Droid X Issues/Problem Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cereal killer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Arcstriker

Arcstriker Member

Ratings:
    +0

2. tonymoreno23

tonymoreno23 New Member

South Florida, and Central Kansas (seasonal)
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made a post on this thread early this morning about my discontent with the volume level,news widget, and other little changes my OCD couldn't handle!
    Anyhow, Peter Alfonzo ( Bugless Beast Developer) has ported over a few
    apps from the original droid that works flawlessly on the DROIDx.

keep hitting the (.) instead of the space-bar with Motorola's Virtual Keyboard?
    Here is the Android Keyboard Port
    http://bit.ly/bJy08B

Miss the Android News Widget?
    here is the fully functional Droidx Port
    http://bit.ly/9JMkIX

Source: Peter Alfonso (PeterAlfonso) on Twitter

3. Androidee

Androidee New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    An I for an eyephone

OThe Droid X isn't bad, actually quite nice overall, but if you hesitate about it, my advice is to go for an iPhone 4 because no other phone on the market is quite like it!

4. Interpol

Interpol Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I definitely have this issue as well. Very irritating. Hoping a fix comes out for it soon.

EDIT: Just to follow up, I found this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...nectivity-unreliable-aes-dlink-dir-655-a.html

I have the same router, so I tried changing wireless encryption to WPA2/TKIP (I stopped AES) and so far, not a single connection freeze/lockup. I'm starting to suspect that AES encryption is the culprit here.

#76 Interpol, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  5. jetdoc

jetdoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A few probs/concerns/questions. Battery, smart or performance, I know smart conserves but is the speed gain, if any, worth it..?

Speed Dials: I have several family members in mine. I have mine phone addy book set to Facebook, so almost all contacts have a pic with them. All my speed dials have pics on them in FB and in my contact list, but on speed dial, none do, and one even has 'unknown' as her name. All of their numbers are correct though.

On my DIC when you had the charger plugged in at night, you had a clock that came up as it charged at night....I've not found one on this phone, is it there but I am not seeing it..?

And the BW app, is not accurate for weather. I hit refresh several times, it still showed a clear moon and said 'clear skies'...as it was thundering and lightening all over, lol. The standard weather widget on one of the other pages, was, as normal, accurate....showing rain and lightening bolts, and stating the same. Is there a better weather widget that has a clock, like the DIC had, standard...? I think maybe it was part of the sense...?

6. djcatskratch

djcatskratch New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Here's my issue. I think I'm having battery issues because it didn't charge overnight the first night I got it on the multimedia dock. I was 45 minutes late to something but that's my own fault, haha.

However, I haven't check Moto's forums for this yet, but this is what I have the most problems with.

When I have the phone hooked up to the car dock, and I'm running the active Google Maps Navigation, every few minutes, the phone will go back to the previous screen. The Navigation App itself is still running and all I have to do is pull down the Pane and press it again, but of course, I should not have to. It could do it right before a turn or something. That's my only issue so far, I LOVE the phone and maybe that issue will be addressed with the update.

I'll go check the moto forums and see what they have there. Thanks!

7. jetdoc

jetdoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too was having the issue, big time. I thought maybe because I had messed with some of the settings it caused it. Under 'location and security settings' I ticked 'use wireless networks'....either I did, or it already was ticked...? I unticked that and I also had 'enable assisted GPS' ticked too.

It seems to be better since I unticked those, but maybe I am just thinking that...?

8. Interpol

Interpol Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt that's the cause of the problem. That option just allows location services to use your router's IP address to assist in determining the location of the phone.

9. 1dp3655

1dp3655 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like it has a faulty battery indicator when you restart the X. I had a similar problem. My battery was low so I shut it down for the night and in the morning it looked like it recharged on its own to about 40%. Within the hour, is was drained. I downloaded Battery Indicator app. It shows % in 10% intervals on the left of the notification bar. I am going to track this to see which is accurate.

10. lcosta02

lcosta02 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Phone Turns Off

Only problem I've had is the phone shuts off automatically sometimes, even with full battery. It's happened three times since I bought it on release date (7/15).

Other than that, it's been great.

11. MajorChachi

MajorChachi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Home Screen Customization

So you know when you hold on an icon or widget on the home screens? It turns green and you can move it around...yeah, it works for a while, then it stops working!

I do a reboot and it then works again, but it only works for a while.

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Now when I go to move an icon around (click and hold) I move it to another spot on the screen, it doesn't show green for "drop here" and when I let go, it disappears....is there some sort of hard reset cause I know it helps when I reboot my cell, but only for a while.

#83 MajorChachi, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  12. ALorenzo91

ALorenzo91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DX update/ Battery Bug

Yeah I've had the same problem its just a bug. I actually think Verizon just came out with an update to fix that and a couple more problems. You can get it at Verizonwireless.com/droidxsupport

Search tags for this page
1-800-483-7356
cali831
droid bionic error keeps popping up
droid x 2 troubleshooting
droid x troubleshoot

droid x troubleshooting

motorola droid x 2 troubleshoot
trouble shoot droid x
troubleshoot verizon panache phone screen fades out
troubleshooting motorola droid x