OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

churchbear

Reaction score
after updating to froyo, now i get two locks, the first one is the screen lock [u slide the lock from left to right] and then my pattern matcher.

i want to disable the first screen lock and just have the pattern matcher. i looked at the settings and i couldn't see any place to disable it. what i am missing..

Where I finally got rid of the numeric lock (removed exchange account - reinstalled) - I too now have the exact same problem as you - two locks!

Let me know if you find a solution... I've not found one yet.

garath

Reaction score
I'm quite disappointed that Verizon decided to force me to lock my phone using a numeric or alpha password in Froyo.

I don't need anyone protecting me from myself, thank you very much.

So now I have to log into my phone fifty times a day, even when I'm at home! And I can't even use the pattern.

>> "Disabled by Remote Administrator"

Why would they do this? ugh.

To fix that go to your company's Outlook webmail and go to Options->Mobile Devices. Delete all the profiles in there and the next time your phone sync's with Exchange you will be able to turn off the security lock.

Last edited:

ChadJ55

Reaction score
I was just about to post this as well. Super annoying! Why would they force a lock? I'm really mad about this forced feature, actually. Anyone find a cure? Anyone call Verizon? This MUST be a mistake.

eblood613

Reaction score
Can someone help? My phone is rooted and did not change any Roms. The update downloads but when i go to install it starts process but it shows the droid coming out of box then it show the warning sign in the triangle then reboots into clockwork recovery then i have to reboot again. Then it says update didn't take. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry. About bad typing, using phone and at work.

I'm having the same problem and I'm unsure why. I thought it might have been because my phone was rooted, but even after I unrooted it, it still isn't working

cincycats51

Reaction score
This issue blows...I had the leaked 2.2 for awhile, went back to 2.1 and I was fine, then upgraded to the official 2.2 today and Im having the problem again...

There is no slide to unlock feature on my phone...I can use the pattern or the pin feature, but I have to slide to unlock, then put in the pattern or pin. Then if I choose none as a security option, thats what I get. None. No slide, nothing.

I want either JUST the slide to unlock, or JUST the pattern to unlock. Not both or none. This is ridiculous.

Nibbler

Reaction score
My keyboard no longer lets me use the number 2, keeps inputting @ regardless if i try to hit ALT

vibeofboston

Reaction score
I'm quite disappointed that Verizon decided to force me to lock my phone using a numeric or alpha password in Froyo.

I don't need anyone protecting me from myself, thank you very much.

So now I have to log into my phone fifty times a day, even when I'm at home! And I can't even use the pattern.

>> "Disabled by Remote Administrator"

Why would they do this? ugh.

To fix that go to your company's Outlook webmail and go to Options->Mobile Devices. Delete all the profiles in there and the next time your phone sync's with Exchange you will be able to turn off the security lock.

i am using touchdown for exchange email. anyway, i logged into outlook client but i don't see any profiles or whatsoever. where would i do this? also note i don't have administrators in my settings. it says no admins are configured. [its bcoz i m not using stock active sync for my exchange emails.]

so what do i do...

technique

Reaction score
This issue blows...I had the leaked 2.2 for awhile, went back to 2.1 and I was fine, then upgraded to the official 2.2 today and Im having the problem again...

There is no slide to unlock feature on my phone...I can use the pattern or the pin feature, but I have to slide to unlock, then put in the pattern or pin. Then if I choose none as a security option, thats what I get. None. No slide, nothing.

I want either JUST the slide to unlock, or JUST the pattern to unlock. Not both or none. This is ridiculous.

It looks like this is no longer an option. It's either:

1) Nothing; or
2) both a swipe and pattern/pin/password lock

Horrible...

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Scrued up Wifi?

So now after the 2.2 update it wont stay connected to my Net Gear router. The router is only a few months old. I tryed forgetting the network on the DX and resetting the router, I also restored it back to its factory defualts. Still everytime it connects then i go to refresh my facebook up it loses the connection and it repeats for any app that pulls from the net. Even the app store makes the connection do this. Any ideas?

Batman8

Reaction score
2.2 Update JUST KEEPS FAILING, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and I STILL can't install the 2.2 update!!!!!!! I've done a complete data/cache wipe, deleted the update.zip file on my SD card, pulled the battery, tried while rooted and UNrooted close to 10 times already and this is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to install the leaked version once last week but it didn't work (froze at the M screen) and left me at version 2.1.

Someone please help...I am tired of downloading this file over and over again! Thanks.

ChadJ55

Reaction score
@garath,

That fixed my problem. I *never, ever* would have guessed that solution.

Thank you!

Yes, that fixed mine too. Thanks garath!!! I, too, would have NEVER figured that out. I have a feeling that will a popular problem on here with 2.2 users on corporate exchange. I was freaking out about having to enter a darn PIN every time I picked up my phone.