OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

jature

Reaction score
Froyo 2.2 - Goodbye Corporate Directory

Corporate Directory is gone from Droid X on Froyo 2.2...it's like all the other droids now. You can search corporate directory for emails, but it appears to be limited to just the moto email application now. Someone please tell me I am mistaken.

IanG

Reaction score
Is anyone else having troubles with WiFi staying connected? My dads phone is right next to our router, and keeps disconnecting constantly now.

technique

Reaction score
I am wondering if a hard reset is the best course of action after updating to 2.2 OTA. Sucks, but it might be the only way to get things working correctly. :mad:

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Yea i am to, i believe someone just posted that they are on the phone with tech support to see what the deal is i hope they fix it soon this is pissing me off lol

Edit: I'm extremely new to the phone (3rd day owning it lol) can someone give me a guide on how to do a hard reset? Much appreciated

Last edited:

DroidXDragon

Reaction score
I need help. ok before the update my phone let me get rid of the first unlock screen, the one with the unlock slide and volume slide, and i was able to keep my pattern unlock. so whenever i turned on my phone that was the only unlock i needed to perform. but ever since 2.2 updated i can't get rid of the first unlock screen. does anyone know how i can get rid of it without getting rid of the pattern unlock as well.

timrock

Reaction score
after installing the update, i watched a video using rockplayer, it seems as though the backlight or video goes dim after watching about 5 minutes. this never happened before. the screen doesnt go blank, it just gets dimmer, as if its on some sort of brightness timer or something.
no one else experience this?

Urge

Reaction score
What's with the order of text messages? In 2.1 the newest unread was at the top, now it's in some weird ass order that I can't figure out. Looks almost like it sorts the latest convos that I sent a message at the very top then all the new incomings beneath those? wtfbbqsauce?

jwimsett

Reaction score
Yea i am to, i believe someone just posted that they are on the phone with tech support to see what the deal is i hope they fix it soon this is pissing me off lol

Edit: I'm extremely new to the phone (3rd day owning it lol) can someone give me a guide on how to do a hard reset? Much appreciated

Settings privacy factory reset

anrichardson

Reaction score
I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and I STILL can't install the 2.2 update!!!!!!! I've done a complete data/cache wipe, deleted the update.zip file on my SD card, pulled the battery, tried while rooted and UNrooted close to 10 times already and this is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to install the leaked version once last week but it didn't work (froze at the M screen) and left me at version 2.1.

Someone please help...I am tired of downloading this file over and over again! Thanks.

I had the exact same issue. The reason is, I had Clockworkmod Recovery still. Even after factrory reset. You will have to SBF 2.1. That will be the only way to get rid of Clockworkmod Recovery. After I did that it installed just fine.

I hope that helps

Edit: Somebody at Droid-Life forums had the same problem and this is what he did

If anyone else has this problem and has Droid X Bootstrapper installed, this is how I got the install to work:

Uninstall the Recovery APK FIRST (Droid X Bootstrapper) from Settings: Applications
Using Root Explorer:
Delete the hijack file
Delete logwrapper file
Rename the logwrapper.bin to logwrapper

I did this and it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

garath

Reaction score
I can't find it either :( That was one of the few BLUR apps that I really found useful. Very distressing that they took it out.

vibeofboston

Reaction score

Settings privacy factory reset

sorta dumb question but will reset remove all the apps that i downloaded and some i bought.

kollcorp

Reaction score
hard Reset does not work

So now after the 2.2 update it wont stay connected to my Net Gear router. The router is only a few months old. I tryed forgetting the network on the DX and resetting the router, I also restored it back to its factory defualts. Still everytime it connects then i go to refresh my facebook up it loses the connection and it repeats for any app that pulls from the net. Even the app store makes the connection do this. Any ideas?

Short of removing security, I am in an online chat with Motorola for a fix I hope?
I'm about 2 steps away from doing a hard reset just to get rid of this...
the issue is with the Droid X 2.2 and also the Droid 2 (with 2.2) ... they are dont like some routers. Motorola says to remove security. I will try some resets on the router later.

Mr. Wompy

Reaction score
Audio Files Won't Play

I just discovered that the player won't play MP3 and M4A audio files after the 2.2 update. This wasn't a problem before the update. I also had used a small MP3 file for my ringtone, and that isn't working either. I'm in the process of investigating this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Tryed hard reset on my DX it didnt work to help the wifi it still disconnects and connects randomly. I wish i could go back to 2.1 cause this is getting annoying

Daali

Reaction score
I just discovered that the player won't play MP3 and M4A audio files after the 2.2 update. This wasn't a problem before the update. I also had used a small MP3 file for my ringtone, and that isn't working either. I'm in the process of investigating this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Mine are playing and I have a .mp3 as a Ringtone as well. I had not checked before your post, but I just did and it is working normally