OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Anyway to make your ringtones play longer when someone calls you...mine rings for like 10 seconds and goes to voicemail...it's crazy all my other phones would ring for like 30 seconds and my husband has a droid 1 and his rings for a long time too but mine I hardly have enough time to answer it even if I am right next to my phone.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
man this update is great.. now all i need is root back and i'll be eternally happy with my droid X

oh yea and Widget Locker needs to update to the new sliders lol

jessenj

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered before but I haven't been able to find a post, but I have a Droid X that I rooted when it was 2.1, and then I installed the leaked 2.2 that came out in August. Now that the official Froyo is here, is there a FAQ or step guide to show how to do the upgrade?

trothmaster

Reaction score
As per the market not showing apps, I tried clearing cache and data n market app....still missing a bunch of apps in market for example a few plaid versions of gamevil games like zenonia.....anyone else seeing this?

if the app isnt updated for 2.2 it wont display in your market

thats not true, all these apps show up fine on my droid 1 running 2.2.......

vibeofboston

Reaction score
need help with screen locks

after updating to froyo, now i get two locks, the first one is the screen lock [u slide the lock from left to right] and then my pattern matcher.

i want to disable the first screen lock and just have the pattern matcher. i looked at the settings and i couldn't see any place to disable it. what i am missing..

dherbert

Reaction score
I updated my phone this morning and the download went fine. Once it finished downloading, I pressed Install Now. It shows the droid and the box and a yellow progress bar. It finally finishes installing and reboots. Yet it never gets any farther than the Motorola Icon and gets stuck there forever. I did a system restore and restarted the phone and it still gets to the icon. I have tried taking out the battery and everything else that I can think of and nothing works. I can't get it to go back to the system restore screen anymore now. I hold down the Home button and held down the Power button and tried other methods and can't get it to show up.

Mine did that last night, finally 8 hours later it booted up.

zachcr250

Reaction score
Can someone help? My phone is rooted and did not change any Roms. The update downloads but when i go to install it starts process but it shows the droid coming out of box then it show the warning sign in the triangle then reboots into clockwork recovery then i have to reboot again. Then it says update didn't take. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry. About bad typing, using phone and at work.

cucucachu0000

Reaction score
problem

I just updated and none of my widgets work I can't put any new ones up I can't. Get into the market my text messaging apps don't open either one of them. Any idea what I can do ???? Browser works fine just everything is bugging out

tbeaulieu

Reaction score
Verizon Froyo forces screen lock

I'm quite disappointed that Verizon decided to force me to lock my phone using a numeric or alpha password in Froyo.

I don't need anyone protecting me from myself, thank you very much.

So now I have to log into my phone fifty times a day, even when I'm at home! And I can't even use the pattern.

>> "Disabled by Remote Administrator"

Why would they do this? ugh.

Reaction score
Rooted

Do I need to unroot my phone before applying the OTA update?

Also, will the one-click root then work after the update?

TIA

alboboy10

Reaction score
I was just gonna open a topic. I have a pattern lock on my phone for security but now I have that screen lock too that I need to swype to the right and then put in my pattern lock. I basically have two locks and I don't wantboth. I only want the pattern lock. I can't find it in the settings how to remove it. Anybody know how

wesford9

Reaction score
text seems choppy?

I have noticed that the text in the setting menus seem choppy or flicker when scrolling through them. Has anyone else noticed this? It also does it in the contacts list. When I flick through the contacts, the text appears distorted and choppy looking.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
I just updated and none of my widgets work I can't put any new ones up I can't. Get into the market my text messaging apps don't open either one of them. Any idea what I can do ???? Browser works fine just everything is bugging out

Pull battery and reboot