OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

Garandhero

Reaction score
Idk maybe I'm not explaining well, I don't have the flash app from market installed and flash seems to be working fine for me. .. So whats they'd point of installing t he market version, and that's why I don't see this update you keep taking about....

Reaction score
I went in and grabbed 2.2. All seemed to be going well until I got stuck on the Motorola M at the boot process. I remembered I had the update.zip file on the card from when I had my D1 so I pulled the card and battery, erased the update.zip file, reinstalled the card and battery and restarted the phone. HELLO 2.2...Nice to see you. dancedroid

Chawpz

Reaction score
I went in and grabbed 2.2. All seemed to be going well until I got stuck on the Motorola M at the boot process. I remembered I had the update.zip file on the card from when I had my D1 so I pulled the card and battery, erased the update.zip file, reinstalled the card and battery and restarted the phone. HELLO 2.2...Nice to see you. dancedroid

How did you get the update.zip off the card if you were stuck on the M screen. I think that might be the problem I am having...

Technoman

Reaction score
Very nice, I am still on leaked 2.2 release 1. So if you people who are installing now can tell me 1) Any FC on the battery history once you click on the green battery 2) Can you calibrate the compass under the location menu.

The compass calibrated fine for me on 2.1. I am not sure I understand what you mean about the FC on the battery history? Never had one with 2.1, and don't see any issues with 2.2 when looking at the batter history from the settings menu.

EDIT: Just did compass calibrate and it took a while rotating, but did turn green. It acted pretty much like it did when I too it out of the box new.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Very nice, I am still on leaked 2.2 release 1. So if you people who are installing now can tell me 1) Any FC on the battery history once you click on the green battery 2) Can you calibrate the compass under the location menu.

The compass calibrated fine for me on 2.1. I am not sure I understand what you mean about the FC on the battery history? Never had one with 2.1, and don't see any issues with 2.2 when looking at the batter history from the settings menu.

Yeah I am having problems on the leaked 2.2 not 2.1. The calibrate compass never worked, and with the battery thing. If you go to settings and battery manager and actually click on the battery that shows you what percent everything is using. In leaked 2.2 that would FC a lot.

Chawpz

Reaction score

How did you get the update.zip off the card if you were stuck on the M screen. I think that might be the problem I am having...

Nevermind, I booted up without the sd card in and then shutdown, reinstalled the card and all is well!

beardRage

Reaction score
I got my dx today and was instantly disappointed with the volume. I heard that 2.2 was supposed to fix this, but no dice.my freaking env3 is almost twice as loud. I can't remember how to set the audio and I can't find the post. Can anyone help? Also, I can't find the post about changing camera resolution, so I'm stuck on 6mp.

trothmaster

Reaction score
OTA 2.2 market not showing many apps!

Hey guys just installed OTA official 2.2 update and the market is missing many apps! For example...the game zenonia paid version is not there and I even purchased it.....anyone else seeing this?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Uh oh I thought this was only going to be an issue on the leaked version.

drpaul07

Reaction score
well i don't have an x but..i would clear cache of the market. if that doesn't work, clear data. That should fix it.

Reaction score
It's doing this for me on a freshly sbfed and updated device. This is what I get for rushing headlong into this, I suppose. Well, I can only think of 1 fix, and that's to root and use the good old build.prop edit.

rancid1

Reaction score
x with 2.2 ota update now whete to get flash

I just downloaded the ota 2.2 update and really want flash on here and im wondering where get it.