OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

RazrBoy23

Reaction score
install problems

It seems like people are having a lot of problems installing it. I would've rather just wait for the update instead of having an issue.

jburchii

Reaction score
Ok...I just went through the install process all over and it is working like a charm! Perfect ICS for me baby!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Finally took the plunge, after not being able to do it the "Easy" way a couple days ago (error 7, install aborted...)

- Matt's Utility option 1
- Reboot straight to recovery
- Factory reset/wipe
- Install ICS.

When you do it this way, the upgrade installs the first time. No softbrick, no need to restart and do it again.

Of course when you do this you have to reinstall/restore all apps/settings, but it doesn't really take all that long.

Brian123x

Reaction score
Perfect

The posting above me is the way to do it flawlessly. Perfect ICS couldn't be any better.

Brian123x

Reaction score
I love my ICS NOW!!!!! It works flawlessly the first time... Make sure you run matts razr utility option 1 first.... thats the secret... IT WILL NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE>

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Finally took the plunge, after not being able to do it the "Easy" way a couple days ago (error 7, install aborted...)

- Matt's Utility option 1
- Reboot straight to recovery
- Factory reset/wipe
- Install ICS.

When you do it this way, the upgrade installs the first time. No softbrick, no need to restart and do it again.

Of course when you do this you have to reinstall/restore all apps/settings, but it doesn't really take all that long.

The posting above me is the way to do it flawlessly. Perfect ICS couldn't be any better.

Glad now that I did it the long way. I don't have any of the 4g or "broken home button" issues.

I used Titanium Backup to backup all my apps...although most of them downloaded automatically from the store upon booting into ICS, Titanium still saves time by letting you do the App Data restore (so I didn't have to redo all my settings for apps from scratch)

Also I used the Razr utility to root again. That also went without a hitch.

All in all, about two hours start to finish to get EVERYTHING back from scratch.

RussWalker

Reaction score
I need help. After carefully following directions on page 1, my phone does not reboot and when I run the utility it sticks on "waiting for device"

Anybody see this before?

Thanks

RussWalker

Reaction score
I need help. After carefully following directions on page 1, my phone does not reboot and when I run the utility it sticks on "waiting for device"

Anybody see this before?

Thanks

Tried to reboot to recovery and now stuck on android !

RussWalker

Reaction score
Help!

Oh, please help! Now I am trying to turn it off to figure out my next move and it powers itself on. I am afraid it will kill the battery then I am really screwed!

thanks

RussWalker

Reaction score
OK, Matt knocked me in the head and told me what to do! I thought I had installed drivers but obviously I had not...:hail:

Brian123x

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue why I want gingerbread back???

ICS does NOT HAVE FLASH PLAYER SUPPORT.

chesterv

Reaction score
Thanks Phreaker and Brian for the confidence. Took the plunge as well, worked flawlessly.

Great thread and original file posts, etc...

JPanelle11

Reaction score
New Thread Title

You should change the name of this thread to offical OTA PULL. Take that big red!!! I am waiting on the install from the SD card to finish but everything is running very smooth. Great job on the simple instructions.