OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

EagleOne

Reaction score
Okay, the utility is started, but now I need the .211 upgrade on my SD card. Where can I find that real quick?

The original post has all the download links on it. Did you start this whole thing without first downloading the actual update?

jlegros77

Reaction score
When trying to install the zio from my sd card, it says E:signature verification failed? What now?

bionicdr

Reaction score
I started this process with another thread https://sites.google.com/site/manualrazricsupgrade/ between the two I'm looking at the message Install from sdcard complete. I tried the wipe cache 2wice, then finally decided to do a restore/wipe. rebooted and now it looks like its going to work.

NOTE: I backed up everything first as I have unrooted Nook color and Blackberry's in the past and learned from experience it sounds easy but there may come a time when you are in the middle and the only way out is to restore and start over.

sampaasch

Reaction score
Great.. now I keep getting Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
I even tried Data wipe.
I'll just keep GB for the night. Oh well, at least my phone is booting up. LOL

Now to re-configure my accounts.

Xil

Reaction score
following the unbrick options all i get is this...

"< waiting for device > sending 'cdt.bin' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.007s]
writing 'cdt.bin'... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
sending 'devtree' (512 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many open fil
s in system))
sending 'system' (262144 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY [ 0.424s]
writing 'boot'... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
sending 'recovery' (9216 KB)... FAILED (unknown status code)
sending 'ebr' (16 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
sending 'mbr' (16 KB)... OKAY [ 0.007s]
writing 'mbr'... OKAY [ 0.442s]
sending 'preinstall' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 13.130s]
writing 'preinstall'... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
sending 'radio' (21848 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
erasing 'userdata'... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
rebooting into bootloader... FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
You may now reboot into recovery and install 6.16.211.
Wiping data beforehand is suggested."

help!

jburchii

Reaction score
I just followed the steps from the original post and am running 4.0.4 - 6.16.211.XT912.Version.en.US.

Is this the current update I should have?

FloorGeneral

Reaction score
Ok, maybe some had the same problem as I did, so here's what happened to me. I found this thread after the fact. The first tutorial I did, using the RAZR Utility as the first step, would have worked straight away, but I had an issue. I just tried it on my girl's phone without using the Utility first, and doing this without the Utility did not work. Got the same Status 0 error, same softbrick.

First of all, I started completely unrooted, and using Utility 1.7 as my first step. My problem was, I was using Windows thru Parallels on a Mac, and, well, that just didn't work. I started the utility, and instead of it doing what it's supposed to do, it just told me I could start the process, which I did, which failed with the Status 0 error. I tried a few times, all with the same thing. Wiped Data, cache numerous times, same problem. As I see through this thread that some ppl have had success, I took the next logical step, and went and got the Laptop (true Windows).

I installed the Utility, and went with option 1, and voila! The program started to work, as there was actually progress on the screen. I had one hiccup where it hung while it was "erasing cache", started it again and it went through without a problem. After the phone restarted, I just followed the tutorial I posted (which is the same steps here), and it went through on the first try. I rebooted, and ICS was at my fingertips.

As someone has said earlier in this thread, I think the main issue is the version of Recovery your phone has. The following pic will show you which Droid Guy you should see. IIRC, the OP got the OTA first, then pulled it, then installed it, then reinstalled to make sure it worked. That is likely why he had zero issues, as he had the correct Recovery version from the get go. If you DON'T see this Droid Guy, you will most likely have to do Utility step 1 first

51372d1340438182t-offical-ota-zip-installation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx-2012-06-23_03-51-55_472.jpg

Again, I tried this the way the OP suggested, WITHOUT using the RAZR Utility first, and it failed. Using Option 1 with the Utility, letting it do everything. It'll reboot, then you reboot into recovery. I wipe data/factory restore, reboot fully so you see the Droid, reboot into recovery one last time, and install the update. Goes through without a hitch. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Brian123x

Reaction score
Some one please help

Hello I accually work for VZW and I cant wait for this update. If some one can pm me and I can give you my number and then call me and really walk me through this it would be appreciated. Bricked my razr 2 days ago doing this.. Got another from my store.

jburchii

Reaction score
So I did the update and now there is no "Home Screen" - no "unlock" screen or what ever and the only button on the bottom is the apps. Also, the Home button doesn't work.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
jburchii said:
So I did the update and now there is no "Home Screen" - no "unlock" screen or what ever and the only button on the bottom is the apps. Also, the Home button doesn't work.

Factory restore

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"