OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

William_04_x

Reaction score
Good luck Eddie. Hope you get it sorted out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
How low was battery to begin with?
had 100 percent charge when i started at 9pm last night its now noon today lol. im so close though just need a charge. i just about had a heart attack a few secs ago wires came off battery and sparked thought i fried the batter cause the phone turned off lol..but its charging now at at the moto screen.so im going to leave it alone for about 45 minutes.

Sharpshot152

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for your post!

I just attempted to update my phone, followed all of the instructions to the T. However, at the end of the upgrade, it says:

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I am still in the system recovery. Should I try to apply the update once more? If the installation failed, is it alright to reboot?

Was on stock 2.3.6, battery at 100%.

Thank you.

alcamedes

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
had 100 percent charge when i started at 9pm last night its now noon today lol. im so close though just need a charge. i just about had a heart attack a few secs ago wires came off battery and sparked thought i fried the batter cause the phone turned off lol..but its charging now at at the moto screen.so im going to leave it alone for about 45 minutes.

Oh wow, I'm sorry for not paying better attention, didn't realize you have phone taken a part! Curious, why did you do it this way for?

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Oh wow, I'm sorry for not paying better attention, didn't realize you have phone taken a part! Curious, why did you do it this way for?
it wouldn't charge so i went to the quickest way i knew and was used to. ive done it many times with older phones with broken charge ports on a daily basis lol...envy 1 lol for a year

alcamedes

Reaction score
Sharpshot152 said:
Hey, thanks for your post!

I just attempted to update my phone, followed all of the instructions to the T. However, at the end of the upgrade, it says:

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I am still in the system recovery. Should I try to apply the update once more? If the installation failed, is it alright to reboot?

Was on stock 2.3.6, battery at 100%.

Thank you.

Do the battery pull I described earlier and go back to recovery and do the cache wipes and do a data wipe as well, will be worth it! Then do reboot, battery pull and go back to recovery and do option 1.

Johnw

Reaction score
Your desktop is on your C: drive

The Desktop is in C:\Users\User Name\Desktop. The problem is that the space in a user name can cause files to not be found. That's why it is best to put the folder directly into the C: drive.

Johnw

Reaction score
Hate to say this but if you are having this much trouble getting the file to the SD card and you don't have access to a Windows PC, you probably shouldn't attempt this because there is a 90% chance you will brick your phone and not be able to repair it before the battery dies...

And, BTW, the folder list is your internal memory. You need to find the other drive which is your SD card.

Im in the files on the computer (Im on my brother Mac) and the folder list on my phone reads. Android, dcim, download, kindle, lost.dir, media, messaging, myalbum, myrecord, slacker, social cache, vault service, vcast, vmm, and yume android sdk

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Now after running matt 1.7 when i boot into recovery it says

e:can't mount /cache/recovery/caller
e: can't mount /cache/ recovery/log
e: can't open /cache/revoery/lastlog

hd0120

Reaction score
Ok, going to simulate a battery pull by holding down power and volume down keys, and as soon as it goes off hold the power, volume up, and volume down keys together to get back to fast boot.

Thanks a lot.
I'm running the RazrUtility and it stalls at the "writing 'devtree'" step. Is that normal? Thanks again.

alcamedes

Reaction score
hd0120 said:
Thanks a lot.
I'm running the RazrUtility and it stalls at the "writing 'devtree'" step. Is that normal? Thanks again.

I can't remember, but it does take a while to do all steps, give it a few and let me know what happens.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I finally got the installation to work properly with no error but my phone is taking a REALLY long time to reboot.

But it worked fine

Also the way i got it to finally install without an error was by UNPLUG THE PHONE FROM THE COMP before rebooting into recovery and installing

worked!!!