OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

alcamedes

Reaction score
thybrutalthrone said:
Ok its on mass storage now where do I click and drag the file

Ok, go to the root of your sd card, external storage, drag it over and copy to sd card.

thybrutalthrone

Reaction score
Yes Im on GB. Ive been on stock GB this whole time, this is all just new to me so Im having trouble getting past the first step lol. I cant seem to find out hoe to put the Zip is on the root of my sd card to proceed cause Im apparently brain dead.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
ok guys the issue is the data cored i am using...it wasnt my razr data cored..it started working then battery went low..so im charging then gonna do it again.

thybrutalthrone

Reaction score
Im in the files on the computer (Im on my brother Mac) and the folder list on my phone reads. Android, dcim, download, kindle, lost.dir, media, messaging, myalbum, myrecord, slacker, social cache, vault service, vcast, vmm, and yume android sdk

alcamedes

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
after i charge my phone and run matts utility step 1 and 2..will ics install or is it 50/50 chances again?

You don't touch option 2, just option 1, but do the cache wipes and wipe data, and reboot, do option 1. You should have it. I make sure to have 60 to 70 percent battery.

Johnw

Reaction score
ok guys the issue is the data cored i am using...it wasnt my razr data cored..it started working then battery went low..so im charging then gonna do it again.

I was just going to recommend you try another USB cable. More specifically, I have an "LG" cable for an LG phone that does NOT work. It only seems to work for charging the phone but not connecting to a laptop/computer.

Reaction score
How come after I install the update my Google library is all messed up. All the songs are in the wrong folders and everything. An suggestions will be greatful.

hd0120

Reaction score
My phone is stuck at the dual core boot up screen. How can I turn it off in order to use the RazrUtility to unbrick it?
Thank you.

alcamedes

Reaction score
Johnw said:
I was just going to recommend you try another USB cable. More specifically, I have an "LG" cable for an LG phone that does NOT work. It only seems to work for charging the phone but not connecting to a laptop/computer.

Im real funny when it comes to my pc and my phone, I always use the supplied chargers that came with them, with that being said, the cord that came with your phone is a little thicker and can handle the juice, that's if you have the maxx!

alcamedes

Reaction score
hd0120 said:
My phone is stuck at the dual core boot up screen. How can I turn it off in order to use the RazrUtility to unbrick it?
Thank you.

Ok, going to simulate a battery pull by holding down power and volume down keys, and as soon as it goes off hold the power, volume up, and volume down keys together to get back to fast boot.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
You don't touch option 2, just option 1, but do the cache wipes and wipe data, and reboot, do option 1. You should have it. I make sure to have 60 to 70 percent battery.
i cant see percentage as i got wires hooked to the battery so about what 45 minutes of charging

alcamedes

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
i cant see percentage as i got wires hooked to the battery so about what 45 minutes of charging

How low was battery to begin with?