Off topic- notion ink adam

tfkennady

Reaction score
Am I the only one on this forum waiting on this tablet? From the spec sheet it's the first android tablet i'm interested in, but it's been MIA since CES back in January. Yeah there's updates time to time but they haven't announced an official release date. I'm frustrated that it's been delayed and delayed so i was hoping someone else out there shared the same misery.

Vaportrails

Reaction score
Like You I'm Waiting.....

From all accounts it will start showing up in Nov. However there is some question if it will have Froyo or Gingerbread. We will have to be patient I guess.

OP
T

tfkennady

Reaction score
From all accounts it will start showing up in Nov. However there is some question if it will have Froyo or Gingerbread. We will have to be patient I guess.

The November rumor is out there, but then the CEO and face of Notion Ink came out to debunk those rumors by saying that the November date was for "some" countries not all. However he did not specify what countries or give a date for that matter (of course). So essentially nothing was answered, and I'm starting to believe that November is going be the time frame.:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

You're right about the speculation of what version Android it will be running out of the box(2.1 is what I've read) , but from what's online the UI will be Notion Ink's own as well as having a true email client built in and all the other goodies that come along with Android. As far as I know it will be capable of running Google Chrome OS (if it ever comes out) or a Linux OS.

Notion Ink has also stated that they are building their own App Market, but just last week Google announced that it would be finally opening up the Android App Market to tablets running Android now, but I'm unsure if the Adam will be supporting it or not. Originally Notion Ink stated that it would. I guess Google didn't like that apps are designed for phones in the Market, and would not be optimized for a tablet.

well back to waiting (not patiently) lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I already have an Android tablet....

It's called the X dancedroid