cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The extra 512 mb of ram, while not necessary right now

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
The 512 "extra" ram is very necessary. The Atrix needs to run 2 operating systems simultaneously.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Where did you read that? And who is to say android 2.3 or 2.4 when they go to it won't take advantage of the extra 512 mb?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updates won't be able to access the other ram cuz it's needed to run the lapdock app. They're basically the same phone, except for the lapdock (and critically important fingerprint reader, as Kanibull noted).

Right now I'm kinda glad that vzw won't get the Atrix until end of the year, in light of recent reports (which just resurfaced yesterday) that there are problems with the Bionic. With the delay, hopefully Moto will get the kinks worked out and vzw will actually end up with the better phone. Getting the "best" first isn't always a good thing....

Tappin' like a mutha

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info HuskerKate and everyone else for details on the extra 512 mb of ram, maybe I should hold off until November when my contract actually expires to see what's coming.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I can't believe people get ticked off about such things. Really?
Here's a thought: if you want a phone that another carrier has when your contract expires: how about SWITCHING. Now that numbers can be ported...

If you are expecting loyalty from VZW or Moto because YOU helped sell a few phones and have been a loyal fan... well just stop that.
lolol

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I can't believe people get ticked off about such things. Really?
Here's a thought: if you want a phone that another carrier has when your contract expires: how about SWITCHING. Now that numbers can be ported...

If you are expecting loyalty from VZW or Moto because YOU helped sell a few phones and have been a loyal fan... well just stop that.
lolol

I would switch to sprint if I got service at my house, I would switch to at&t if I got service at my workplace.

Have you ever heard of a thing called a reputation? I can't believe people are so ignorant. Companies with good reputations tend to build a better customer base. You don't build a good reputation by turning your back on your biggest customers.

rgn2000

Reaction score
If anyone is pissed about the Atrix/Bionic situation, then be prepared to continue to be pissed. The reason the Atrix is on AT&T is because of the IPHONE. Blame the IPHONE. This is why I never wanted that fruit crap on Verizon. I cannot blame Moto (or any other manufacturer) for stating to put some of their better stuff on other networks. So many people thought that if the Iphone came to Verizon it would be good for competition. It is not the case.

Basically this is how it was before the Iphone...

Verizon = Great Innovation and Great Network
ATT = Poor Innovation and Poor Network.

Now with the Iphone on Verizon you have...

Verizon = Poor Innovation and Great Network
ATT = Better Innovation and Poor Network.

I am also ready to jump to ATT or someone else, but probably won't for at least a year. The Atrix, although cool, does not seem like anything decent (I mean the laptop dock, not the the phone). The dock costs you $500 or $300 if you sign up for tethering. All you get it the ability to control your phone with a bigger keyboard and a real internet browser. You can get a netbook for half the price and do so much more. I am a huge Moto fan, but I am not liking the chances for success with it, but who knows, I think the Iphone is junk and everybody and their brother buys them.

Since I won't have 4G in my area for at least another year, I probably won't get the Bionic (unless they charge the same for data as 3G, but unlikely) and stick with an X2 or D3 on a 1 year contract and then look and see where things are in 2012.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Have you ever heard of a thing called a reputation? I can't believe people are so ignorant. Companies with good reputations tend to build a better customer base. You don't build a good reputation by turning your back on your biggest customers.

I am ignorant? I am ignorant because I don't see how this tarnishes anyone's reputation? Really?
Spare me. Motorola didn't promise you that it would give VZW all its best equipment. VZW didn't promise you it would get the phones YOU want on its network.
You don't think Motorola will eventually come out with something similar to for VZW?

DroidCoug

Reaction score
.... maybe I'm missing something, but besides the dock option of the Atrix, what's the Bionic lacking? (the additional 512mb RAM is for the additional OS I know, so that's not what I'm asking)

That oh so useful fingerprint scanner you will never need

A bit more info here Motorola DROID Bionic XT865 Detailed Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications

Toward the bottom it does say a Biometric Fingerprint Reader is supported.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am assuming that the people that are annoyed that VZW isn't getting this don't care about the Fingerprint reader. They want the "Computer Dock".
or the "Media dock".
Which, I assume, the Bionic doesn't support.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity and something no one has brought up. What its the difference between current cell phone RAM and PC RAM? no one has mentioned the Bionic's RAM is DDR2. Will this effect the capabilities? seems if it was worth noting as a selling point it may be a decent step up from the RAM we normally see in our android devices.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

eewny

Reaction score
Im a little late but I am very angered that bionic is a lesser phone. I think Verizon had done so much for android now they get shafted like this.

I am surprised vzw had the android lead like it did. As far as I know cdma Verizon type phones are only in the us. So its aa smaller customer base. That's why nexus phones are gsm so they can work in europe and america. No nexus on vzw yet.

Eventually we will see sweet new android phones releasing in europe first just as much as we see them here that doubles he possibility that new phone what ever can work on att or tmobile

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

I am ignorant? I am ignorant because I don't see how this tarnishes anyone's reputation? Really?
Spare me. Motorola didn't promise you that it would give VZW all its best equipment. VZW didn't promise you it would get the phones YOU want on its network.
You don't think Motorola will eventually come out with something similar to for VZW?

Says a lot about your reputation...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Says a lot about your reputation...

I am to ignorant to even understand what that means apparently....

I want an HTC EVO. Bad. But since VZW doesn't have one, I don't get one. I am not mad at anyone because VZW doesn't have the phone I want.

Before you ask, why don't I switch? Because work pays for my phone.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
If anyone is pissed about the Atrix/Bionic situation, then be prepared to continue to be pissed. The reason the Atrix is on AT&T is because of the IPHONE. Blame the IPHONE. This is why I never wanted that fruit crap on Verizon. I cannot blame Moto (or any other manufacturer) for stating to put some of their better stuff on other networks. So many people thought that if the Iphone came to Verizon it would be good for competition. It is not the case.

Basically this is how it was before the Iphone...

Verizon = Great Innovation and Great Network
ATT = Poor Innovation and Poor Network.

Now with the Iphone on Verizon you have...

Verizon = Poor Innovation and Great Network
ATT = Better Innovation and Poor Network.

I am also ready to jump to ATT or someone else, but probably won't for at least a year. The Atrix, although cool, does not seem like anything decent (I mean the laptop dock, not the the phone). The dock costs you $500 or $300 if you sign up for tethering. All you get it the ability to control your phone with a bigger keyboard and a real internet browser. You can get a netbook for half the price and do so much more. I am a huge Moto fan, but I am not liking the chances for success with it, but who knows, I think the Iphone is junk and everybody and their brother buys them.

Since I won't have 4G in my area for at least another year, I probably won't get the Bionic (unless they charge the same for data as 3G, but unlikely) and stick with an X2 or D3 on a 1 year contract and then look and see where things are in 2012.

I can see where Motorola could feel betrayed by Verizon and jump ship, kind of makes them chicken for not taking on the Iphone head on in my opinion though.