Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Perhaps Verizon’s most anticipated phones since CES 2011 has been the Motorola Droid Bionic. Yes it’s been delayed for a hardware upgrade, but that only makes us more intrigued. So when is it launching? According to this latest leak, the Droid Bionic will launch a month from now, on August 4th. As always, this has not been confirmed by Big Red or Motorola, but it’s worth noting in your calendars. Additionally, the Droid Bionic made its’ way to and through the FCC. Only thing we can do now is wait for the official announcement from Verizon & Motorola. Hopefully, the wait was worth it for those wanting this device.

Source: Bionic Forums via Android Central

Be sure to check out Droid Bionic Forums!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good...must be official. Cane wait to see if I will be keeping this phone, getting something else or getting a replacement DX1.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Cant wait to see this phone! Hope it gets some dev attention right away.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally we have a date! I agree, if this phone gets some dev love, it's going to be huge.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
What's gonna happen if the bootloader is locked?? Will all the hype have been worth it??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sgtsmokdu

Reaction score
I was dead set against getting another moto phone, but since finding this forums, my eyes have been opened. I'm patiently awaiting a bionic!!

Sent....

Reaction score
If the phone is able to get a good dev community and is unlockable then this phone will be huge :)

But if the bootloader and such is locked down completely, then it'll just be like every other phone... boring :p

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If I was a betting man I'd say there is a good chance the bootloader will be locked. Moto claims it's unlocking bootloaders at the end of the yr for its newer phones, but I i'm taking a wait and see approach on that.