iPhone 3GS vs Motorola Droid

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear you on welcoming the Apple fanboys BUT I'd really hate for this to turn into a "my phone is better than your phone" forum. Different opinions and insight would be great but it's got to be constructive. I think we'll see a huge increase in folks as the launch nears. It'll be interesting to watch this site grow.

i'll go ahead and say this.. this forum WILL NOT turn into an argument site. what i am saying is that the apple boys have been doing the smartphone thing for a while, and i'm sure they have a lot to add. none of them will be allowed to get into a stupid argument about something silly like the app store, and none of us are going to bash them just for being apple guys. they are entitled to their own opinions, and the iphone may be best for them. and that's ok! it may not be best for you and i, but that doesn't mean we can't keep respectful conversations.

Droid

Reaction score
You got a review unit? Man I'm so jealous right now. Great review though and sounds extremely fair. I believe your conclusion is dead on. It seems the droid is getting great reviews all around the interwebs.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i have seen WAY too many forums where apple boys come in and start stupid conversations and troll the forums. It's way more annoying when you are trying to read about things you want to and then halfway through the posts it becomes a fight about something dumb.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i have seen WAY too many forums where apple boys come in and start stupid conversations and troll the forums. It's way more annoying when you are trying to read about things you want to and then halfway through the posts it becomes a fight about something dumb.

agreed. i welcome them here, but it is my personal mission to keep THAT from happening...

souljerr

Reaction score
i'll go ahead and say this.. this forum WILL NOT turn into an argument site. what i am saying is that the apple boys have been doing the smartphone thing for a while, and i'm sure they have a lot to add. none of them will be allowed to get into a stupid argument about something silly like the app store, and none of us are going to bash them just for being apple guys. they are entitled to their own opinions, and the iphone may be best for them. and that's ok! it may not be best for you and i, but that doesn't mean we can't keep respectful conversations.

Excellent! :D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ahhh that was refreshing. Not biased at all. These are the kind of reviews that I like to read. No BS.....the fact of the matter is they really are both great devices.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah after reading quite a few reviews you can easily tell the ones that are biased. But of course a few of them probably got free iphones anyways for writing their reviews.

lauriep

Reaction score
Coverage

Well, for us folks in rural areas where there is NO AT&T service, we now have a nearly comparable option. I have wanted an iPhone since they came out. They are way cool. But now I can have a way cool phone on Verizon, which works WELL in my world. Yay! Can't wait til Friday.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums lauriep. I'm glad you could join us. Rural areas are the defeat of the iphone.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
ahhh that was refreshing. Not biased at all. These are the kind of reviews that I like to read. No BS.....the fact of the matter is they really are both great devices.

Yes Sir, that is my take on it all. I have not seen anything to make me want to look at a different device over the Moto Droid. This guy did a GREAT review on the Droid.

lauriep

Reaction score
I have been waffling and vacillating for a good while now, wanting something better, well, wanting an iPhone, but having EVERYONE who has had one out here tell me not to bother. So, I looked at the Rogue (not smartphone), the Tour (but I really want a touchscreen), the Storm2 (was about to commit to that), when I saw the DROID on TV, then on Crackberry. I Googled it and saw several videos and found this board. Instantly, I knew this was the one. I'm at peace now!

Naut Human

Reaction score
I wanted an iphone for a long time, but the thought of being in a contract with AT&T makes me cringe. My contract is up with my current carrier and was hoping for something great coming to Verizon, now I have found what I was looking for with the Droid.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been waffling and vacillating for a good while now, wanting something better, well, wanting an iPhone, but having EVERYONE who has had one out here tell me not to bother. So, I looked at the Rogue (not smartphone), the Tour (but I really want a touchscreen), the Storm2 (was about to commit to that), when I saw the DROID on TV, then on Crackberry. I Googled it and saw several videos and found this board. Instantly, I knew this was the one. I'm at peace now!

glad to have you here! welcome and enjoy! :D

omnibus

Reaction score
My iphone 3gs 32gb is boxed up and tomorrow will be on it's way to it's new owner. Regrets? Sure there are some but the biggest one is related more to itunes than the iphone.

The things I'm definitely not going to miss are the crappy AT&T service. I live in a smallish town in Wyoming and service is adequate in town but leave the city limits and I might as well have left the iphone home, and that's the case for roughly 100 miles in any direction. I won't miss the non-removable memory and battery. I won't miss the absense of the camera flash or the 3.0 megapixel limit.

That's just me. In the end the decision comes down to bars....as in signal or absense thereof.