Isn't anyone else a little angered? Bionic vs. Atrix Discussion

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
It all started back in mid-2009, I remember discovering the rumor about the Motorola Sholes. I was intrigued by the android operating system and thought it was pretty cool because it wasn't iThis or iThat. It was something different.

Finally some information came out, the official name for the phone was the Motorola Droid, it had the best specs of any android phone at the time, it was coming to my carrier and it was launching three days after my birthday. Perfect.

So I get to my local Verizon store right at 8 a.m. on November 6th, 2009 to discover a line of atleast 20 waiting for the store to open. I wisely decided to schedule an appointment with an associate at 8 a.m., so once in the store, I walked right to the front of a line to receive it, one of the first, the original.

Now, flash forward 15 months and 2 days, I know the Atrix and Bionic were announced at CES in January, I've been aware for some time now. I guess I'm overreacting, but I'm a lot pissed that Motorola is sticking to the Verizon faithful and sending their better phone to AT&T after the Verizon faithful practically resurrected their phone branch from the dead.

**End Rant, but I get the feeling I am not alone in this sentiment.

piquat

Reaction score
One of my hobbies is building PC's. I stopped chasing the latest and greatest years ago.

You can only have it for a few months, and then it's not the best anymore. Eventually, hopefully, you'll realize you're being played and stop playing the game too. Every once in a while it's nice (my last build has a few latest and greatest pieces), but to stay on top of that ball is just too much money with too little reward.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The Atrix is coming to VZW in Q4.....be patient :D

Sent from somewhere...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Just try to stay patient man. I've stuck with the Droid all this time to, and have been wanted a new phone all this time. Really glad I died use my update that came available in January, because the day I aws going to buy the DX, info on the Thunderbolt and Bionic came out. Now I'm just waiting.....

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
The Atrix is coming to VZW in Q4.....be patient :D

Sent from somewhere...

I wouldn't even consider the atrix at that point because something better will probably be coming out, like the T2. Besides those first generation dual cores won't be as efficient as the next generation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm with u..that's bs

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dugall12

Reaction score
It all started back in mid-2009, I remember discovering the rumor about the Motorola Sholes. I was intrigued by the android operating system and thought it was pretty cool because it wasn't iThis or iThat. It was something different.

Finally some information came out, the official name for the phone was the Motorola Droid, it had the best specs of any android phone at the time, it was coming to my carrier and it was launching three days after my birthday. Perfect.

So I get to my local Verizon store right at 8 a.m. on November 6th, 2009 to discover a line of atleast 20 waiting for the store to open. I wisely decided to schedule an appointment with an associate at 8 a.m., so once in the store, I walked right to the front of a line to receive it, one of the first, the original.

Now, flash forward 15 months and 2 days, I know the Atrix and Bionic were announced at CES in January, I've been aware for some time now. I guess I'm overreacting, but I'm a lot pissed that Motorola is sticking to the Verizon faithful and sending their better phone to AT&T after the Verizon faithful practically resurrected their phone branch from the dead.

**End Rant, but I get the feeling I am not alone in this sentiment.

I feel exactly the same way, I'm pissed that the Atrix is going to at&t. Us loyal Verizon users had to constantly sit back and watch other networks get the best phones while we patiently stayed put and waited for something, something that would've made not getting an iphone or a Pre (on Sprint) worth it then it happened the Droid was born. IMO the Droid launched the Android revolution and made it a true iOS competitor and finally paid off our loyalty to Verizon. Now that the smoke has faded from the wonder of the OG Droid we're back to watching the cutest girl at the party leave with a lesser doush bag. Whether it be the EVO, iphone 4 and now the Atrix. I expected no Apple love on Verizon, HTC is a whore they'll go anywhere but I expected some kind of love from Moto! So what can we forward to now? Left over generation behind iphone, stripped down cousin to the Atrix: Bionic, Thunderbolt which is basically a beefed up EVO with no HDMI? WTF this is BS!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Hasn't Verizon always been known to have one of the lesser phone selections from all the major networks? It's kinda always been this way as far as I can remember (late 1990s). I don't think Verizon cares about getting the latest and greatest, the iPhone 4 deal is more than enough proof of that.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It more likely that AT&T places higher bids to the phone manufacture to have first dibbs on devices as the reason that VZW seems to always be in second place...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
.... maybe I'm missing something, but besides the dock option of the Atrix, what's the Bionic lacking? (the additional 512mb RAM is for the additional OS I know, so that's not what I'm asking)

Kanibull

Reaction score
.... maybe I'm missing something, but besides the dock option of the Atrix, what's the Bionic lacking? (the additional 512mb RAM is for the additional OS I know, so that's not what I'm asking)

That oh so useful fingerprint scanner you will never need

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I too have built a few computers and I'm aware of the fact that the latest and greatest is only for a day, and I'm aware it cost a fortune, but I also know that AMD is always going to launch an awesome enthusiast processor at a very fair price, they've built a loyal customer base by doing this time and time again.

Motorola basically just told a huge chunk of their customer base to go shove it where the sun never shines. It's a shame how many Droid Xs, 2s, and even originals I've helped Motorola sell, and this is what I get in return for being a good customer?

Also, in regards to the post about Verizon getting second rate phones, the original was superior to everything for that quarter and the following quarter before the evo launched, but that is htc's meddling, when motorola sent the droid x to verizon, they weren't sending a better phone over to at&t. Now they know they have some original droid users with contracts coming to an end toward the end of this year and they do this.

HTC is a whore, but its a well known fact, but the verizon faithful didn't resurrect their phone division from the dead either.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
The extra 512 mb of ram, while not necessary right now will be nice when updates come along down the road, I don't think the atrix will show signs of slowing toward the end of the two year contract like my OG droid is beginning to. Also, I'm in favor of the 4" screen over the 4.3" screen, might as well buy the Xoom

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the additional 512mb of RAM is not for the phone's OS, so I don't see how it'll affect updates. It's for the webtop or laptop OS, whatever you wanna call it.