Toshiba Honeycomb Tab Finally Revealed; 10.1 Inch 'Regza' with LED Backlight

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
regza_toshiba_tablet.jpg

For a few months now, many have been waiting anxiously for the official announcement of the Toshiba Android 3.0 Honeycomb Tablet that has been teased since CES. That happened today, with the announcement from Toshiba of the 10.1-Inch Honeycomb Tablet dubbed, "Regza AT300". Here are the released specs:
  • Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS
  • 10.1-inch LCD “Adaptive Display” for better contrast under sunlight (1,280×800 resolution)
  • LED backlight
  • Tegra 2 (1GHz) CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16GB internal memory
  • IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
  • 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
  • interfaces: HDMI, SD, miniUSB, USB
  • “REGZA Apps Connect” function (the tablet “integrates” with other Regza devices/see below)
  • battery life: 7 hours
  • weight: 765g, size: 177×273×15.8mm
The spec sheet on this Tablet is pretty impressive, as are its aesthetics. The word is that it will be released in Japan in June, and released in the U.S. later. No official word on U.S. pricing has been given yet, but it will come out for $730 dollars in Japan. That seems very expensive taken out of context, but Japan always gets high-tech devices pretty expensively priced at first, and it will likely be much cheaper than that when it is released in the U.S. We will let you know as as soon as we find out more.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via CrunchGear

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't forsee that many sales in Japan in June. I think they have better things to spend their money on at the moment.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I will give it a week before the Xoom/G-Slate/Transformer/Galaxy Tab comparisons start rolling in lol.

The real fun will be the iPad/iPad 2 comparisons lol.

Seriously, they will stand out because of the design. They changed enough to make it stand out from the rest without putting people off. Name's a little off, but if it works, who cares what it's called lol.

I agree Johnomaz, I think they have far more important things to spend yen on in Japan than the Tablet War.