Nightly's 3.0

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
no themes unless made for the specific nightly will work. bc there are constant changes in the framework and everything each day.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
here's some good news the Milestone over clocking app works great....you can find it over at the Cyanogenmod rom DF....give it a try I think you will like it....

before i go there, is it better than using setcpu

OP
cujo6801

cujo6801

Reaction score
read the O/P for the milestone oc app ....it give great instruction on how it works..on the cyanogenmod forum...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok I'm I JUST RETARTED....I just don't get the negativeness ....so I guess I just don't post right or to much or just plain wrong...so if someone can let me know where I can go and enjoy are forums ...that I thought these where...:r_c:

Please don't go anywhere else. I've been on these forums for about 13 months now and I think I've seen more worthless negative crap in this thread than in any other. Maybe it's just the cold weather!! :)

I even have a question. I notice you said the 3G works fine for you on the latest. I tried it yesterday on my Droid and got the same "drop 3G after a call" issue. So, my question is about your install. Did you install over 3.0 without wipes or did you do the full wipe thing first and then install the 1-21?

Thanks.

OP
cujo6801

cujo6801

Reaction score
I tried over 3.0 and still got the drop... so then I wiped data 3 times flashed the nightly and it work right..hope this helps...also 1/22/11 is out now..smooth....ps sometimes its a little slow with the 3g coming back..but it does

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
no themes unless made for the specific nightly will work. bc there are constant changes in the framework and everything each day.

i think us themers should get the nightlys to theme so there ready for the release

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

i think us themers should get the nightlys to theme so there ready for the release

lol your funny :) BD compiles them at 5 am central time and then posts them right away. would get it the same time they release anyways. We dont hold them, compile and release.

kratos

Reaction score
Let's see if anyone can help here:

So, this issues has nothing to do with the others floating around about entire conversations being auto-deleted. This is dealing with single messages that are either being deleted or simply not showing up in the app.

Description of issue: I send a text to (insert person here) and they text back. I receive the audio notification (drrroooiiidddd) and the visual notification (blinking led and notification bar). I pull down my notification bar and I can read the first 5-10 words of the text. However, when I click on the notification and my app opens, the text is nowhere to be found.

I have tested this with Handcent and stock messaging apps and both reproduce this same issue.

This only happens every few texts (1 in every 10-20), but is enough to make me go mad because I have to constantly send "Please send again".

Now, for some even weirder info about this. This was happening on my stock, unrooted Droid, BB0.3-0.4, UD1.0-2.1.0, and Sourcery (all versions). This issue is not present in UD 2.4.0-2.5.0 at all. In fact, my current ROM is UD 2.5.0 Latest Nightly and I have never had this happen at all. I have flashed the nightlies for UD 3.0.0 and this issue is even worse in those. Instead of it happening 1 in ever 10-20 messages, it happens 1 in every 5-10 messages and will even happen 3-5 times in a row.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I wipe cache and data before flashing non-updated ROMs (switching between ROMs or upgrading from 1.* to 2.*, etc). I have ran fix permissions multiple times, but nothing seems to want to fix this issue.

Again, this only happens on ROMs (and UD versions) that are not UD 2.4.0-2.5.0.

I have run out of ideas and really need some help with this. I can't stay on UD 2.5.0 forever!!! Especially with the progress being made on the gingerbread ROMs.

If you need any more info or clarification, please let me know.

Kratos

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

So, this issues has nothing to do with the others floating around about entire conversations being auto-deleted. This is dealing with single messages that are either being deleted or simply not showing up in the app.

Description of issue: I send a text to (insert person here) and they text back. I receive the audio notification (drrroooiiidddd) and the visual notification (blinking led and notification bar). I pull down my notification bar and I can read the first 5-10 words of the text. However, when I click on the notification and my app opens, the text is nowhere to be found.

I have tested this with Handcent and stock messaging apps and both reproduce this same issue.

This only happens every few texts (1 in every 10-20), but is enough to make me go mad because I have to constantly send "Please send again".

Now, for some even weirder info about this. This was happening on my stock, unrooted Droid, BB0.3-0.4, UD1.0-2.1.0, and Sourcery (all versions). This issue is not present in UD 2.4.0-2.5.0 at all. In fact, my current ROM is UD 2.5.0 Latest Nightly and I have never had this happen at all. I have flashed the nightlies for UD 3.0.0 and this issue is even worse in those. Instead of it happening 1 in ever 10-20 messages, it happens 1 in every 5-10 messages and will even happen 3-5 times in a row.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I wipe cache and data before flashing non-updated ROMs (switching between ROMs or upgrading from 1.* to 2.*, etc). I have ran fix permissions multiple times, but nothing seems to want to fix this issue.

I have run out of ideas and really need some help with this. I can't stay on UD 2.5.0 forever!!! Especially with the progress being made on the gingerbread ROMs.

Kratos

make sure u have it set not to auto delete messages after so many. and if you handcent make sure you have it set to auto retrieve also. and remove mms.apk from system/app if u use handcent as a full replacement.

kratos

Reaction score

Kratos

make sure u have it set not to auto delete messages after so many. and if you handcent make sure you have it set to auto retrieve also. and remove mms.apk from system/app if u use handcent as a full replacement.

I have it set to auto delete messages after 200 sms and 20 mms. I never thought that this could be the cause, but when I revert to yesterdays nightly via nandroid and flash todays nightly, I will make that change and see what happens.

I do have it set to auto-retrieve all messages (sms and mms). I never thought of removing the stock messaging app. I'll give that a try too.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Kratos

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Kratos

I have it set to auto delete messages after 200 sms and 20 mms. I never thought that this could be the cause, but when I revert to yesterdays nightly via nandroid and flash todays nightly, I will make that change and see what happens.

I do have it set to auto-retrieve all messages (sms and mms). I never thought of removing the stock messaging app. I'll give that a try too.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Kratos

kk, yeah i always remove it. only downside is u cant send a picture without stock mms app but u can reinstall it through ud menu if u need to send a picture. but sometimes the two apps get in each others way lol.