NexusOne Cancelled for Verizon

mjs31

Reaction score
Because the interface was murdered by HTC with the addition of Sense. I have despised the Sense UI ever since I owned the Eris. The Eris was a piece of crap, this phone will be a piece of crap with a better processor. Big deal.

To be fair the device itself is very competent, it's just that some people, like yourself don't like the Sense UI. I would argue that this is fine and you should just disable it like all the other Sense UI devices and go stock Android. Unfortunately you cannot disable Sense on the Incredible.

As for the N1 over Incredible the only reason I would choose the N1 is the fact that it gets its' updates directly from Google. No waiting for 2.2 or 2.x to be rebaked prior to distribution whether OTA or via local download/PC. So in that sense yes the N1 is superior to the Incredible.
You can't "disable" sense completely. You people still don't get it. Sense is not just a launcher for your home screen. Open your contacts apk on a Sense device, and then on a Vanilla android device. Open the browser. The UI has been overlayed over EVERYTHING. There's no need for it. That's why I hate Sense. If it were just a home screen launcher, I'd be fine with it. If you "disable" Sense, it's still there. Sense devices are just horrible.

Your opinion. As mentioned, others really like sense. That being said, the basic speed and fluid motion have great been improved on this phone of the N1.

mjs31

Reaction score
Garbage? What makes you think that?
Because the interface was murdered by HTC with the addition of Sense. I have despised the Sense UI ever since I owned the Eris. The Eris was a piece of crap, this phone will be a piece of crap with a better processor. Big deal.

To be fair the device itself is very competent, it's just that some people, like yourself don't like the Sense UI. I would argue that this is fine and you should just disable it like all the other Sense UI devices and go stock Android. Unfortunately you cannot disable Sense on the Incredible.

As for the N1 over Incredible the only reason I would choose the N1 is the fact that it gets its' updates directly from Google. No waiting for 2.2 or 2.x to be rebaked prior to distribution whether OTA or via local download/PC. So in that sense yes the N1 is superior to the Incredible.

I guess to a point, but with the leaks upon leaks of these updates I would imagine this become a non issue after a while. Especially when this phone gets rooted which I bet will not be a long time from now.

R1Lover

Reaction score

You can't "disable" sense completely. You people still don't get it. Sense is not just a launcher for your home screen. Open your contacts apk on a Sense device, and then on a Vanilla android device. Open the browser. The UI has been overlayed over EVERYTHING. There's no need for it. That's why I hate Sense. If it were just a home screen launcher, I'd be fine with it. If you "disable" Sense, it's still there. Sense devices are just horrible.

I either sense (no pun intended) that you have not tried the incredible or even seen the videos of it perform on this newest release. From everything I have seen, it's insanely fast and responsive.

With that said.... it will be in time rooted as well... then you can run what ever flavor of android you like with the super hardware specs to boot.

mjs31

Reaction score

I either sense (no pun intended) that you have not tried the incredible or even seen the videos of it perform on this newest release. From everything I have seen, it's insanely fast and responsive.

With that said.... it will be in time rooted as well... then you can run what ever flavor of android you like with the super hardware specs to boot.

Absolutely correct. Every video I have watched has this thing blazing with not a single hiccup. Look at the new comparison between the N1 and Incredible. Even without this video, I just took notice at how smooth things were as I watched the various demos/reviews. Rooted is still my only way to go anyway, but that does not mean I will go for a ROM that is senseless. Hell, many rooted just to get a sense UI experience on their current phones.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
demo's/reviews are quite meaningless in my opinion....

The real test comes when a device is released to the end user and settings are changed, apps are loaded and normal everyday hard to moderate use it put to it.

I'm ALWAYS leery of a device until I get my hands on it and use it for a week.

More devices fail at living up to the hype than actually delivering.

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
Absolutely correct. Every video I have watched has this thing blazing with not a single hiccup. Look at the new comparison between the N1 and Incredible. Even without this video, I just took notice at how smooth things were as I watched the various demos/reviews. Rooted is still my only way to go anyway, but that does not mean I will go for a ROM that is senseless. Hell, many rooted just to get a sense UI experience on their current phones.

agreed...i think the Incredible is gonna be a huge success on vzw...more so than what the nexus would have been...as far as rooting to get the sense ui, people always want what they cant or dont have...im waiting to try out the zeusdroid rom to be fully functional just so i can get a taste of what its like to have sense

mjs31

Reaction score

The real test comes when a device is released to the end user and settings are changed, apps are loaded and normal everyday hard to moderate use it put to it.

Oh I agree 100%, but you also looked and mentioned many videos before the Droid came out ;-) It was actually what got me to look at it from my BB. I know the key test is when you get it, but mentioning what has been shown and adding some hype is not a terrible thing.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Oh I agree 100%, but you also looked and mentioned many videos before the Droid came out ;-) It was actually what got me to look at it from my BB. I know the key test is when you get it, but mentioning what has been shown and adding some hype is not a terrible thing.
Yes and I was cautiously optimistic before the Droid came out too. I suffered from whats called BB syndrome : ) you know when the videos look great and the excitement is at an all time high then BAM trackball failures, random reboots, dust, poor performance etc etc....

I've become jaded through the years lol

mjs31

Reaction score

Yes and I was cautiously optimistic before the Droid came out too. I suffered from whats called BB syndrome : ) you know when the videos look great and the excitement is at an all time high then BAM trackball failures, random reboots, dust, poor performance etc etc....

I've become jaded through the years lol

I remember it well. As a matter of fact my wife has my old Tour is it is locking up and trackball has gone to doing what it was famous for. Needless to say she is moving on....possibly with my Droid

Slipstream

Reaction score
who would want a nexus over an incredible?

doesnt even make sense...
Not everyone likes that battery killer known as Sense and Rosie on their phone. I want a Nexus over an (Un)Incredible. Do you have a problem with it?

Did Sense steal your lunch money and trip you on the playground? :icon_eek:

Good Lord, man, it's just a phone interface. Chill out.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
About time this shoe dropped. The loud silence from all parties regarding the "spring" release of the N1 on Verizon after the January announcement was the first sign. Once the Incredible was announced for Verizon the Nexus had no place in the lineup.

This, along with Verizon's decision to drop Google maps for navigation on their phones suggests a deep chill has set in between VZW and Google. I expect the Droid will continue at least for some months as the Android hacker phone for Verizon while the Incredible will be its shiny iPhone killer. Motorola will undoubtedly follow up with what they'll describe as the Droid 2 but I suspect those that don't like Sense on the Incredible will be just as disappointed by Motoblur on the Droid 2.

The DOS days of Android are numbered. The Windows era is well on its way.

OP
Backnblack

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's play nice.....