Droid Incredible and Nexus one Sold Out!

cuskit

Reaction score
My local VZW store has plenty in stock, the sold very few today. I recall the same hype with the Droid on Nov 6 - stories rampant about "sold out", yet they were readily available at many stores.

Question - those using the upgrade available for their spouses - are you required to buy the data package with this as with the Moto Droid? mike

cuskit

Reaction score
Hmm, no editing.

The reason I asked was to see if I could give my wife the Droid (she doesn't use data) and keep only one data package for the Incredible for myself. No? Yes? mike

higabyte

Reaction score
How is the battery life on the Droid Incredible compared to the Eris? I have two major complaints about the Eris, the first is the battery life. I run mine literally dead after playing on it for a couple hours. The second complaint is the overall laginess, especially within the phone portion, ie. making calls, etc.

I'm tempted to go for the Incredible, but looking at the specificaitons, it doesn't look like there's much of an improvement on battery life and looks like it uses the same battery as the Eris.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, no editing.

The reason I asked was to see if I could give my wife the Droid (she doesn't use data) and keep only one data package for the Incredible for myself. No? Yes? mike

I really think she would need a data package as well not entirely sure though.

cuskit

Reaction score
Hmm, no editing.

That's what I'm afraid of. I just don't want to be forced into paying another $30.00 per month for something that won't get used at all! :( mikey

nerdbox08

Reaction score

That's what I'm afraid of. I just don't want to be forced into paying another $30.00 per month for something that won't get used at all! :( mikey

All smartphone / data(lol) phones require the data package

It's safe to say any Android phone will require data.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, no editing.

Yeah I know what you mean :(

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i just got the incred.. am i the only one thats bummed that the screen display isnt as nice as the droid.. the moto droid screen display / resolution is top notch.. first thing i noticed.. however the incred is chock full of goodness..

Alfador

Reaction score
Great, now I've got something to agonize over:icon_ cry:

I was all set to get the Droid when my contract upgrade came up this week, but the feedback on this really makes me question that. The thing is, a physical keyboard has always been a big sticking point for me, but the improvements in the incredible make it really tough. Too bad there isn't a Droid 2 soon on the horizon or I'd wait...

ksaim

Reaction score
There are still Incredibles at your local Verizon Store.

I was able to pick mine up last night and the Manager that I was working with confirmed they had more in stock. So if you are dying to get one but don't want to wait, just call or go into a VzW store.

srt4mn

Reaction score
Resolution isn't as good as the Droid, speaker doesn't get as loud either. I was getting a little (read:LITTLE) tiny worse reception at work compared to my droid, but all the other stuff offsets those things. I love having a optical trackpad on the front (to help get to the right spot when fixing a text message's word or something), the UI is extra smooth and quick, the voice quality in the ear is top-notch compared to my droid, camera and options are awesome, etc. I could keep going. Loved my droid, but I love the incredible more and have no regrets to switching.

cuskit

Reaction score
Resolution isn't as good as the Droid, speaker doesn't get as loud either. I was getting a little (read:LITTLE) tiny worse reception at work compared to my droid, but all the other stuff offsets those things. I love having a optical trackpad on the front (to help get to the right spot when fixing a text message's word or something), the UI is extra smooth and quick, the voice quality in the ear is top-notch compared to my droid, camera and options are awesome, etc. I could keep going. Loved my droid, but I love the incredible more and have no regrets to switching.
Sounds like this is a coin toss for Droid or Incredible. Gotta be a gut wrenching decision to stick with the Droid or go for the lungs and buy the Incredible at full price, hoping to retrieve some off eBay for the Droid... I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks and monitor all the reviews that are pouring in. :) wishey washey mikey