New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walley123

Walley123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gov employees can get a 20% discount, just ask them.

2. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Well I talked to one of their online live agents and I asked about this and all he said was "Sorry, you cant make any changes to your line for the first 6 months".

I REALLY dont want to end up paying $300 because I changed to this promotion. Could I technically get this promotion and just adjust 2 of my lines and leave the wirefly line the same? That is, have unlimited text + data on 2 of the lines on my family plan and leave the wirefly line with just the same unlimited data plan and no texting?

Only other change would be goign from 700 minutes to 1400, but I dont think they'd mind if I upgraded minutes aslogn as I dont downgrade.

3. fandroid1

fandroid1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great work Dan

4. wesdo2gg

wesdo2gg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My brother and I just left AT&T and joined VZW on a friends and family plan. We added my grandfather on the plan too. Lord I hope I can get a discount like this after I've been on the network for a while. Congrats on getting some great discounts everyone.

5. rundropslide07

Ratings:
    +0
    i tried and got 10$ off :D

6. DroidCoug

DroidCoug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've called 4 times, no luck yet. However the lady I talked to today said that the email was sent to specific customers which were out of contracts already. To kind of entice them to signing another contract.

She also said my 21% discount would go away IF I was eligible for the promo. SOOO she knew the promo I was talking about but didn't give it to me and if she did give it to me she would have taken my discount away. uggh

7. psychicdroid

psychicdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will tell you my experience. When I got this promotion I ordered my 3 kids Droid Incredibles. We liked the phones except for the reception, 90% of the time it was broken and distorted, you couldn't carry on a conversation. Did everythign we could to make them work, verizon finally told us to exchange them. So we did. We returned the 3 inc and 2 X's and a D2. When they put the new phones on the account, nothing changed. We still had the discount on their lines.

8. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What is your 21% discount from? If its an employee discount it will not go away, I got the plan applied no questions asked and my discount is still there. When you call and ask, first ask about the talk text and data 20 dollar discount tell them its a newer promotion so they might have to look for it (when I called my rep said I don't know about a plan like that give me a second and a few minutes later he said damn thats a good deal, and I didn't know because its a relatively new promotion ((forgot what date he said)), if they don't know about it ask to talk to the logistics department.

9. asdfjklauren

asdfjklauren New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Called the 877 number last night and spoke to a fantastic rep by the name of Dave. He asked no questions, just put the promo into effect on my account right away. Actually, we spent more time on the call discussing the merits of the DX, since he wanted to get it for his daughter for Christmas. I'm in the Philadelphia, PA area, if that makes a difference (also, I am on an individual plan).

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again - worked for me!

10. Smith777

Smith777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Problem With Me Too Reply Soon!

11. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is a great deal for a personal line. I don't think they trying to hook up the business's, b/c thats where they make their $$$. I signed up for the 1400 share plan and it is more than enough minutes for us to make it through the month. Plus with the 10 friends and family numbers, we ended up using less than 200 of our 1400 b/c most calls were to Verizon numbers or to our friends and family. I think the best thing about this plan is the fact that the data is only $9.99.

12. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    can you still get company discounts with this? i get a 20% discount thru caterpillar, and if i can get that and this deal, that would be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

877-873-3278

877-628-8922

877 628 8922
nationwide talk and text 700
nationwide talk fs 700
new unlimited plan from big red
smartphone secondary credit
talk & text plus data $20 disc
talk&text&data $9.99 disc-12mo