New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
How long would I have to have been on VZW for them to consider me for this promotion? I've only been on a month or so but I have the friends and family 1400 plan & I'm always looking for a slickdeal.

Reaction score
How long would I have to have been on VZW for them to consider me for this promotion? I've only been on a month or so but I have the friends and family 1400 plan & I'm always looking for a slickdeal.
From what I hear it doesn't matter. I'm planning to get a plan this week and I'll come home and make the call.

rhinoman585

Reaction score
So I just called and finally got the promo. I'm not at all trying to take advantage of the company, I just need to cut costs monthly and this will help a lot. I was honest with the verizon rep and she was really nice. I have been with verizon for over 4 years so being a loyal customer is why she gave it to me. Thank you Verizon :)

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't see this as taking advantage of the company at all. It's a promo they were offering over the last couple months (and are apparently still offering to some people). I think it's great you were able to get the discount! I am also so thankful that this thread was posted. Even if the discount is only short-lived b/c of the arrival of 4g pricing, every little bit helps.

(from Beka's DX)

Mountain Flier

Reaction score
I thought I'd give them another call and try again. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until tomorrow....they're only open during normal business hours.....

4x4tx

Reaction score
What am I missing here....I just called and they told me I would only save $5 which I think they are wrong.

I currently have the 1400 family min plan for 119.99. Each of the 5 lines has data and insurance at 29.99 and 7.99. all are getting the smart phones talk free promo essentially making the insurance free plus 2 bucks.
I havent had a billing cycle yet as I just added two lines on Jan 5th. but I see that it should be
$119.99+(29.99*5)+(7.99*5)+taxes...thats $309.89 monthly plus taxes correct? the customer service rep just told me my monthly total was 240.92 on this current plan.

I see the new plan like this
139.99 for 1st two lines
19.99 * 3
7.99*5
total 239.94 and customer service rep told me 235.91 plus taxes

I didnt commit at the time because his numbers threw me off but I put them in a spreadsheet now and have no idea how he was coming up with what he was telling me...to me looks like it would save me 75 bucks a month

Beka27

Reaction score
I would call back for some further clarification. I do not believe you can get the $10 talk free promo and this discount, which it seems you know since you multiplied the $19.99 x3. The thing to keep in mind tho... The talk free promo is only for 24 months, this talk and text is for the life of your plan.

(from Beka's DX)

rhinoman585

Reaction score
All you can do is call in and be nice/honest. The lady asked me "....now be honest, did you recieve the email from us, or someone else...." and I was honest i said the email was forwarded to me, and I am just looking to save some money and this is good reason to stay with verizon. My roommate called at the same time as me and got it as well. Promo is ending at the end of the month.

4x4tx

Reaction score
I just called back in...sure enough the first guy didnt have a clue....I will save like 80 bucks a month...my total before taxes is going to be 212.36

dug-e-fresh

Reaction score
I definitely just tried this... and definitely was denied. They cross-reference your eligibility with an email address. My email address was not in the database as being offered this deal. The suck.

def

geoff5093

Reaction score
I definitely just tried this... and definitely was denied. They cross-reference your eligibility with an email address. My email address was not in the database as being offered this deal. The suck.

def
You obviously haven't read the other posts in this thread.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I would try again and get another rep. They didn't ask me about an email address. My last bill was $246 and 2 smartphones had data all phones had txt but now all phones have unlimited data and text and this month's bill was $217.

fuller82

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this forum. My bill with 5 phones (3 data) was $230 its now $178 with all 5 phones data. Can't complain about Verizon being too expensive anymore.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.