New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2golf

Reaction score
It depends on when the rep posted the change to take place. If they set it for your next billing cycle you wont see the change now...I asked the rep to back date the promo on my account so the change took place immediatly

My new rates were made retroactive as well...to the 1st day of the current billing cycle. I just paid bill and it was the new rate.dancedroid

I've already posted this probably about 4 times but I know people miss it so I repost every once in a while about the billing.

It is retroactive to your last billing date. Now how it worked for me, since I already had a statement I didn't get a different bill. I paid the amount on the bill.

Then when you receive your next bill what you will see is the previous month refunded and replaced by the new rates. Now what you need to look at is to make sure they also credit your data back to you. They didn't with me and my first months bill was actually higher.

I called Verizon and the rep I had said the bill was correct and went through it with me. I was still confused when I got off the phone but that was when I noticed that there was no refund for data for the previous months bill. I called Verizon and they gave me a 20.00 credit. So the first months bill with refunds was 15.00 lower then what I anticipated it should be. The next month it came in at the rate I expected.

Had I not caught the error they would have overcharged me that $20.00. So make sure you check your bill. I know I wasn't the only one that happened to one of the other mods had it happen to him too.

This does not apply if you go to a plan with less min.

I was on a 2100 min plan which they don't offer anymore.
The current plan is 2000 min so they can not back date it. All my changes will by active on my next billing cycle.

yotamaster

Reaction score
Just got this plan, but the lady said I had to add another 2 YEARS to my contract!! Did this happen to anyone else?

N4UPD

Reaction score
Question. I have the 1400 min familyshare plan 2 smartphones and 2 dumb phones paying 110 for minutes 20 for unlimited texts and 29.99 x2 for data and 9,99 x2 for dumbphones. will I have to have 4 smartphones or does the unlimited data cover the dumb phones as well?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question. I have the 1400 min familyshare plan 2 smartphones and 2 dumb phones paying 110 for minutes 20 for unlimited texts and 29.99 x2 for data and 9,99 x2 for dumbphones. will I have to have 4 smartphones or does the unlimited data cover the dumb phones as well?

Nope, this plan only covers smart phones. That's what several people in the thread have reported anyway.

Beka27

Reaction score
A few people have said they were able to get the credits with just 2 smartphones, others had to add data to all lines. It's worth a shot to call and 1) see if they'll even give it to you, and 2) see if it would save you any money or if you'd just break even.

TinGodz

Reaction score
It depends on when the rep posted the change to take place. If they set it for your next billing cycle you wont see the change now...I asked the rep to back date the promo on my account so the change took place immediatly

My new rates were made retroactive as well...to the 1st day of the current billing cycle. I just paid bill and it was the new rate.dancedroid

I've already posted this probably about 4 times but I know people miss it so I repost every once in a while about the billing.

It is retroactive to your last billing date. Now how it worked for me, since I already had a statement I didn't get a different bill. I paid the amount on the bill.

Then when you receive your next bill what you will see is the previous month refunded and replaced by the new rates. Now what you need to look at is to make sure they also credit your data back to you. They didn't with me and my first months bill was actually higher.

I called Verizon and the rep I had said the bill was correct and went through it with me. I was still confused when I got off the phone but that was when I noticed that there was no refund for data for the previous months bill. I called Verizon and they gave me a 20.00 credit. So the first months bill with refunds was 15.00 lower then what I anticipated it should be. The next month it came in at the rate I expected.

Had I not caught the error they would have overcharged me that $20.00. So make sure you check your bill. I know I wasn't the only one that happened to one of the other mods had it happen to him too.

Yup. This happened to me as well. Simply called them and received the $20 credit. Definitely keep an eye out for this because it's probably happening to a lot of people without them realizing.

luv2golf

Reaction score

This will work with any phone that has web access. My two dumb phones are a really old LG VX8300 and a LG Dare.
Putting five phones (3 smart, 2 dumb) all on the plan with 2000 min. saved me $48 per month.

jfreddy77

Reaction score
unlimited plan

I called the number on the flier yesterday and they were more than happy to change my contract. I already had the 1400 min family share plan but only one smart phone and an env touch with data. The other three phones on my plan are dumb phones with unlimited text. I only had less than a year left on my contract. This new unlimited plan cost me $10 more a month but it gives me unlimited everything on all five of my lines and only extended my contract from Nov. 11 to Jan. 12. I wanted to upgrade to all smart phones but couldn't justify another $120 a month for data plans. This plan makes that possible. dancedroid

alnova1

Reaction score
Ok...I'm trying to figure this out. I have the Family plan with 700 shared minutes and unlimited texting. My phone is the smart phone and the other 2 phones are dumb phones and I pay with taxes around $154.00 a month. Would this plan help or hurt me?

Beka27

Reaction score
Are the two "dumbphones" going to want to upgrade to smartphones? You would have to raise your plan to 1400 minutes, but you'd get unlimited text and data on all 3 lines. First two lines would be $140, third line would be an additional $20... so $160 plus fees/taxes. You would be paying more, BUT if the phones wanted to upgrade (maybe take advantage of one of the BOGO deals going on now?), you'd be saving a lot of money. To add two data plans to what you are paying now would put you well over $200...

Beka27

Reaction score
As I said previously, call and talk it thru with a rep, there isn't even a guarantee you can get the promo. But I think depending WHO has the other two lines, and IF an upgrade is desirable, this could really help you.

alnova1

Reaction score
Are the two "dumbphones" going to want to upgrade to smartphones? You would have to raise your plan to 1400 minutes, but you'd get unlimited text and data on all 3 lines. First two lines would be $140, third line would be an additional $20... so $160 plus fees/taxes. You would be paying more, BUT if the phones wanted to upgrade (maybe take advantage of one of the BOGO deals going on now?), you'd be saving a lot of money. To add two data plans to what you are paying now would put you well over $200...

The two dumb phones are actually up for a phone upgrade. I may check into this. Really can't afford to pay more but it sounds like a good deal.

Beka27

Reaction score
Who has the other phones? If it's your kids or spouse, might work out well. If it's elderly parents, they are maybe not going to want to upgrade. Give it a shot. Let us know if you decide to do it and what your estimated bill is.

alnova1

Reaction score
Who has the other phones? If it's your kids or spouse, might work out well. If it's elderly parents, they are maybe not going to want to upgrade. Give it a shot. Let us know if you decide to do it and what your estimated bill is.

One of the phone is my parents and the other is my girlfriend. She might like the data and a smart phone but my parents wouldn't care about it but I was thinking maybe I could just activate their old phone back and I could have a shinny new phone for myself:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.