New to the G2 and loving it!

Discussion in 'LG G2' started by Erikbal, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Erikbal

Erikbal Member

So Saturday I went into Verizon with my mom to look for a new phone (her first smartphone) for her. Anyways we decided on the S4 mini for her. While there I started browsing and came across the G2 and really liked it. Then I realized I could get one for free after a $50 mail in rebate. How could I pass this up? I was still using my old Droid 4 and had no intention on upgrading but it was too good to pass up. When the G2 first came out I really liked it and did some research on it. Anyways I must say I am very impressed with it! So fast and it has some great features. I love being able to reply to texts without having to go back to what I was doing. Anyways do you guys have any tips or tricks for me that I should know or things to watch for? It's taking some getting used to not having a keyboard anymore. I'm getting there though. Thanks!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  2. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on the G2! What do you think of the camera quality?
  3. Erikbal

Erikbal Member

So far I am impressed with everything. I haven't gotten to use the camera much yet though. Coming from an outdated 2+ year old device everything is impressing me.

4. ricks

ricks Member

You still loving the G2? I got one last week and got to keep my unlimited data. So far it's keeping me busy coming from the razr made.
  5. Erikbal

Erikbal Member

Oh yeah I'm still really enjoying it. I've gotten completely used to the rear buttons and thanks to a suggestion here I got a case for it I really like. You've gotta admit for the amount of time the phone's been out it's still one of the faster ones out there. Plenty fast enough for me and I really have no complaints. Battery life is amazing as well.

6. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

There's nothing wrong with the G2 that hasn't been fixed IMO. I have two of them and love them both. In fact, I've been so happy with the G2, that I pre-ordered a G3 and not because I'm having problems. Simply because I can't wait to see if they can improve on the G2. I don't think they can, but I'll find out next week.
  7. Vepaot

Vepaot Active Member

The G2 has been an amazing phone. The only complaint I have, is that the screen developed a nefarious dead zone about an inch away from the top, and all the way across. From what I found online, it's a known issue that's plagued a small portion of the G2's that have been shipped out.

Verizon replaced it for free, so that's a bonus. Still, I'm curious as to how many of G2's out there are actually getting this problem and people just don't bother reporting it.
  8. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad Rescue Squad Premium Member

The G2 is great, I haven't had the screen issue luckily. This is the only phone so far I haven't had to replace because of some issue. AOSP and G3 ROMs run smooth, there's also a couple good stock ROMs worth checking out too, or just enjoy a great stock experience!
  9. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

A fishing buddy has about the entire upper half of his screen being a dead spot. He said it's no biggie because all he does is texts and phone calls, both using the bottom half. His is on T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk